Thread: My first cabinet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first cabinet

I was just going to add to another cabinet thread, but then I decided, what the hey.

I'll introduce myself, make a few comments and ask a few questions in the Modern Pachinko forum as that seem to be the appropriate spot. But, here' is my first take on a cabinet for the Star Wars I acquired in May. It is heavily based on one I saw by Falstaff in
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25074
    and he says he got his inspiration from syph and ken524. I originally had plans to change a number of things but the more I planned and worked on it, the more I came back to things he had done.

I had originally planned on a near black stain with poly finish, but that had issues with the wood I used (it's Aspen and was blotchy despite pre-treating). So, I bagged that idea and went with a gloss white to match the machine. The finish looks pretty good but I will probably wet sand and buff it out a bit to get rid of some brush strokes and bring up the gloss. But, it's pretty good right now so I might not touch it.

The only real issue I'm having is tubing I used for the feed from the reward hopper to the machine seems too small. My testing during the build was OK, but when the hopper is full the pressure prevents balls from feeding without agitation. I'm hoping to be able to retrofit it without affecting the finish too much.

Jaz
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 30 users say "Thanks" to Jazman