Thread: Home Recreation Superstore

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Home Recreation Superstore

On a whim, I bought a second Golgo 13 pachinko (on a quest for all three cells) from an unknown ebay dealer called homerecreationsuperstore, and here's a quick review of a terrific transaction.

One thing that had me worried from the start was their shipping charge of only $45. They are located in Wichita, so I considered driving down to pick it up because I figured it would arrived wrapped in newspaper and a pillowcase, but it was wrapped, packed in foam, and shipped in a nice sturdy box!

They included a heavy plastic box for the spent balls, pre-installed volume controls, nice sturdy feet, 500 mostly clean balls, and a strange custom made Heiwa manual in English. For the most part, the machine was nice and clean, requiring only a quick Windex-ing before I fired it up.

The only two complaints that I have are that they do not supply a door key (for one reason or another) and they drilled a tiny pin sized hole in the front of the machine. I couldn't figure out why they did this, but after reading through their "manual" it allows access to the ball dump from the front of the machine. They sent a tiny little rod that sticks through the hole, hits the lever, and dumps the balls. I like the idea, but I'm not a big fan of drilling a hole in the front of the machine. Luckily with the machine colors, it's not noticeable...

The few machines they have listed are a little high, but they have the OBO option, and they seem willing to take a reasonable offer. All in all, I'm very happy with them, and I'd be willing to try them out again if they come up with anything else I can't live without.

Good
    Nice packing, clean machine, pre-installed volume controls

Bad
    A little high priced before haggling, no door key

Ugly
    Hole drilled in front of machine for access to ball dump
    Pachinko- Devilman Club, Devilman (2002), Mazinger Z, Cutey Honey, Golgo13 (x2) , Evangelion: Second Impact, Freddy vs. Jason, Inachu Ping Pong Club
    Pachislo- Devilman, Tomb Raider, Golgo13, Golgo13: The Professional

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to kizu76