I was picking up a few coins that fell out of the hopper and i noticed that the transformer was extremely hot, so hot i couldn't keep my hand on it!
It is a 6 amp but there is no resetable circuit breaker (RTC) on it!
Thought all Stealth's transformers (machines) came with a RTC 6 amp transformer???
Why no (RTC) on this transformer?
Is 6 amp to small or do i have a bad transformer?
I'm also gonna e-mail Stealth and see what he thinks!
Hopefully if needed he will send a new transformer with an (RTC) and it wont get so hot!
I know i have read on here that they shouldn't get very hot, and quoting stealth's previous post on this matter: "Your transformer is probably the most important part in the machine. They should never be hot and if you burnt yourself, shut it off immediately. Insist on a stronger minimum 6 amp transformer with a resetable circuit breaker (RTC). Also, look for the UL approval as well. The RTC is what will trip if there is a power problem and it will avoid damage to the machine or back into the wall...The UL just means that the transformer has gone through testing and meets Underwriters Laboratories testing criteria. Now here is the problem...cost.. There are very few dealers that will provide the better transformers with the UL approval and the RTC. Most only provide a 1 time (meaning if there is a power problem, the problem could pass the transformer...blow it and possibly blow other components as well"