Thread: The Zen of the Nails.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default The Zen of the Nails.

The Big Shooter and Double Wing games are similar in concept and both are fun to play. They make a nice contrast to the usual spin the reels and watch videos game.

That said, I give the edge to the Double Wing machine as it is the more polished game of the two and the theme is very straight forward. The sounds especially are superior. The Big Shooter sounds are very simplistic and almost 8-Bit in nature, very retro and charming though.

The Maturi games are also enjoyable as they are different again in their gameplay look and feel. Their striking case and cell playfield art really make them stand out at parties.

On the whole, it is too bad that there are not more wing type and Arrepachi games available!

When I have company playing my machines, once they get past the oohs and aahs of the videos they gravitate to the wing type and Arrepachi games. People are facinated by the mechanical workings of these machines. These machines make great wall art. Everyone is drawn to them.

I have noticed that with new company who haven't seen these machines before, they are more apt to try and play the more familiar slots. Yet they will stand facinated and watch me play the Pachinkos for what seems like hours but they seem intimidated or afraid to try and play them. When they do play them, they seem confused by the lack of control as they seem to be expecting a pinball machine.

My own enjoyment really starts to take off when I get into the Zen of the game. It is contradictory that such a complex machine with such distracting elements such as the myriad of sounds and lights can be very soothing when your attention is unfocused and yet everywhere all at the same time. The whole experience is such an in-your-face thing on the surface yet so very subtle on a number of levels, all at the same time.

That said, it is all in the nails! The more nails the better! The newer bells and whistle machines have forgotten that by replacing their nails with more brick-a-brack!

When I feel the need for a change, I'll tweak a few nails and it becomes a different experience. I haven't found a way to change a video yet without aquiring another Pachinko to play.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always have both types of games in my house. Variety is the spice of life.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to dishpan