Thread: Mitaka in for restoation.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Mitaka in for restoation.

Extremely cool. Balls around the center globe are the jackpot, and then the whole globe spins when it pays! It's here for restoration from a client. Can't wait to tear it apart and make it look and play like new.

mitaka_front_600.jpgmitaka_back_600.jpg

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Mitaka in for restoation.

Restoring this machine has turned into a natural nightmare. Just one stumbling block after another. The difficulty level to restore an early 1950's machine as opposed to a 1970's machine is just astronomical. I have done full restores on over 50 machines now, and every 10 minutes I feel like just giving up. This is going to take a long, long, long time. Everything is flimsy sheet metal and corroded to hell and back, head break off of every other screw, and to top it off, they used silver and gold metal-flake silk-screen on the playfield that is proving difficult to reproduce adequately.

Now i see why there are no pictures anywhere of fully restored 1950's machines. Anyone who tried it probably got so frustrated that they burned it, and then committed suicide. Kids, don't try this at home.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where's Rival?

He left.

But his car is still here.

Oh, he ran.

Well, did he say anything?

Yea, he said "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good to know Rival...I have volunteered to help restore vintages and now I know if someone walks in with a 50's machine, I'll stay away.

My first customer will be dropping off their machine this coming weekend. It's a mid 70's Sankyo "B" model that's in pretty bad shape. Bad chrome, missing some plastics.

I think I can get it up and running, (with a little help from my friends here at pachitalk...). It's an heirloom from the kid's grandfather that the mother wants restored so they can have a piece of their grandfather to remember him by...No pressure there...
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

7. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know what you mean! The plastics are what scare me the most! They are usually crumbled YEARS before you see the machine. How to fix...and retain as much original look as possible? I made this piece from a Listerene bottle. Fits here and looks pretty good as is. But it had to be thin, so it could fit under this tin. Sadly...I never completed this 100% I know just how you feel, as I put it aside in frustration many times. Maybe I will shame myself into finishing the final touches.http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vintage-pachinko/40009-comicgo-her-way-back.html
    here is the thread to this Comicgo machine...just in case there is anything useful in there for your restoration. let me try this again: Comicgo is on her way back!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 08-05-2013 at 11:57 PM.

9. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall