Thread: E4 Error / Coins roll through and not to hopper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool E4 Error / Coins roll through and not to hopper

I received this machine yesterday and it has an E4 Error. Also when you put a token into the machine it rolls straight into the coin return not the hopper and does not register any credits.

I downloaded a couple of manuals from the net but all of them say the same thing Reset for E4 which is a memory error. I have done that and it still has not fixed the problem. I really would like to get this working any help would be greatly appreciated. I can include photos of anythign you want in regards to the machine if it will help. Just let me know.

Thanks
    Mattyman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E4 Error / Coins roll through and not to hopper

did you do a full reset with the key?
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try a full reset. that will usually clear up most issues.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Chris,

I did a full reset, It does not have a "KEY" it actually has just a switch. I have tried doing the full reset several times and still does not remove the error.

Another piece of information that may be helpful. When I turn it on it goes straight to the error there is no self diagnostic or anything. I'd think when you turned it on the hopper would do something or there would be some sort of something going on. You turn it on and the error just displays.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remove all of the connections ( 1 at a time) Check the connector & reseat. somethings it is just a loose or bad connection.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks FTKServices for the response:

I removed each ribbon cable one at a time with the machine off then plugged it back in. Error E4 Still remains. I pushed the RED RESET BUTTON on the inside of the door and an alarm went off. IT took for ever to get it to turn off, and I'm still unclear exaclty how I got it to shut off?

I know this has to be something simple!

Thanks for the help? Do you have any other ideas as I really want to get this working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It could be a stuck button.
    I would unplug the buttons one at a time and turn it on to see if it clears.
    Just a thought.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

i had the problem with tomb raider and had to do as though i was setting the skill level ie push the start stick after chosing level then turn off key its as though its stuck in select mode

might help a little
    Last edited by hanabi; 09-18-2009 at 02:58 AM.
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

unplugged the Buttons, and plugged them back in, Still have an E4 error

I will give the stick a try, When I was unplugging the ribbons on the boards and plugging them back in I noticed that up to the left of the wheels is another computer board. There is a BLINKING GREEN LIGHT, does anyone know what it might be? I need to take some pictures I think and post them.

Will let you know how the Stick reset goes drcrippen

Thanks everyone for your assistance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Be careful.
    The blinking green light might be the self-destruct.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really appreciate everyones help so far, Although I still have the issue I feel like Im learing a few things about the machine.

I have removed and reseated every cable and connection on the machine as well as have done a full reset still have the E4 error.

I took a few pictures that may help someone to identify my issue.
    I removed the Wheel assmbly from the machine to gain access to a circuit board that was located to the top left of it. (PICTURE TWIST 001 and Twist 003) if you look you will see a EPROM in the lower right hand corner of the board. Just below it are 3 Diaods E2 E3 and E4. E4 is the one that is continually flashing,

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can resolve this E4 Error?

Thanks
    Mattyman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what kind of tokens are you using??

some tokens are magnetic or are lighter weight
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They just seem to be "standard" tokens

THe biggest issue I'm having lucky dog is the E4 error. I think if I can figure out how to clear that up then the tokens may start to work??

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Was there a resolution to the E4 error issue? I just set up a Gold n Gold machine I have had in the box for years (at least 4) so m kids could play it and within 5 spins the E4 message came on along with a siren alarm -- I tried doing a reset but it didn't clear it.

Any info on what actually cleared the error would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    J

BTW for anyone that hasn't played or seen a Gold n Gold it is a really cool machine with a split door just like the Space Bunny Machine I recently sold to a Pachi Talker who lives in my area. The Space bunny was my favorite machine but I wasn't using it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunetly NO, I still have the error I think I may just take it to the dump at this point as I have no clue how to clear this error.

Nothing seems to work so I'm just taking the stance that the machine is really broke and no one can fix it!

Sorry,
    Mattyman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am at my parents' house for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I too am fighting an E4 on their Twist. I've done the full reset by turning the key counterclockwise (the reel lights flash quick) and then hitting the reset button with no luck. I've done it quick, I've held them down, I've tried every sort of thing to reset it with no luck.

I did notice on the circuit board in the back of the machine above the reels that there is a red LED on (LED8), but I have no idea what that is. It is in a bank of about 11 LEDs but the sticker inside the machine is in Japanese. The only other thing that I noticed on theirs is that the skinny light above the reels on the door was completely broken. It was missing about 2.5 inches of the bulb itself, but there is no evidence of any glass or light pieces anywhere in the machine. I am wondering if that had been broken since before they got the machine.

I will try resetting all of the cables and such and if that works I'll let everyone know, if not I will open my own tech support ticket...
    - Nick
    If you aren't having fun, then you aren't doing it right!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I unplugged everything, and plugged it back in. Still no luck. I even messed around with the sensors for the coin insert, etc, still no luck.

Still had the E4... then I decided to take the hopper out and check the mechanism for whatever reason... I emptied the hopper and didn't see anything wrong... Then I tried to manually spin the bottom part of the hopper that sorts through the coins, and I saw a coin that was partly stuck where it would come out of the hopper to the bin on the front of the machine. I reached into that "exit chute" and found about 10 other coins jammed up in there.

I took the top half off of the hopper (since it can come apart into 2 large pieces), and got the coins out.

I turned the machine on, and still had the E4 error, but this time, the full reset, turning the key and hitting the reset button inside the machine fixed the problem.

So all is well. I cleaned up the hopper a little bit, but didn't see anything really out of whack, but it did solve my issue...

So, long story short, I should have been getting an E1 error or something about the hopper, but it was showing up as an E4 error. Now it is fixed.
    - Nick
    If you aren't having fun, then you aren't doing it right!

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to nickbuol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check for bent or rim damaged tokens,

also a little token cleaning might help to prevent this in the future
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi
    I think E4 errors show when a machine hasn't been used for a while and it loses it's memory.
    i have had this happen.
    what i do is turn the machine on and leave it on for a while to charge up the machine.
    after 10 mins or so do the full reset then all should be ok.
    it works for me, so it should for you.
    YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE, SO MAKE IT A PACHISLO ONE.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try checking the coin mechanism. jiggle the connector to make sure it is seated properly.
    Also I once had an E4 message and found that a token jammed in the hopper. try emptying the hopper and give the coin reel a spin to make sure it is clear.
    Another time I had an E4 was when I was replacing the bulbs in the reels of one of my machines. What happened was I didn't attach the reels to the motherboard completely. check those connections carefully, check every connection, in fact. Make sure they are snug.
    Apparently Pachis are not too reliable with their error messages, at least in my experience.

Lastly I would suggest that E4 is generally a ram error (although not always) and since you apparently just received the machine it may have ben subjected to some shocks. Perhaps one or more of the motherboard chips is loose in it socket?? Try to see if you can spot any chip that looks loose.
    Good luck and please let us know if you find the cause!