Thread: Is there any skill in pachislo?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Is there any skill in pachislo?

the question is... are there any skill at all with pachislo??? i think there more skill involved with pachinko and pachislo is just random like a real slot machine. what everyone take on this debate???

SCOOBYDOO_2002 - BEWARE!!!! CooCoo4pachinko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I did a search on this. There were a lot of threads/posts about it. IMO the only true skill is during the assist. If you wait long enough, the reels will stop on their own. If you hit the stop buttons at random, eventually it is going to give you a bonus of some sort.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Is there any skill in pachislo?

There is to some degree, and it depends on the Pachislo. On some machines, the skill stop buttons must be pushed in a certain sequence during particular periods of play. Pushing them in the wrong order will change your outcome.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I try timing on the pachislo that i have: marvel, devil may cry, tekken and it just seems like if it wants to give something it will. I usually go left 2 right and try to change time gaps when i press a button. Idk its just seems like a regular slot with no skill.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also some games like Dance Night and Spin luck have you eye shoot colors and/or symbols during some bonuses.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We have had some members that were clever with eye-shooting. I was not one of them
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

tried but no luck =(

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the reverse is true, that being Pachinko (Modern) are more chance based and Pachislo (Modern) are more skill based.

While you have to use skills of some sort to aim the Pachinko Balls into the different pockets on a Pachinko machine, the amount of control you have on the ball reaching the pocket is minimal, minus the bonus mode where the big gate is open. Even if you find the "sweet spot" of the lever you balls fall in the pockets more of a 1 in X amount, X being a number between 5 - 30 or more. Due to the different vector changes that the pachinko balls acquires when it hits different pins. While you do get balls into the different pockets, each ball triggers the random number generator only once, and usually the machine only stocks 4 of those spins even if you get more in. Each spin of the reels on a pachinko machine is run by a random number generator. So each spin on it is independent from the next meaning your chances are fixed to whatever odd it is set at, with the exception of a few machines that "stock" your spins or machines that are "loose".

Pachislos (Modern) on the other hand, to my knowledge, unless they have changed the manufacturing legislation on the Pachislos again. Each pachislo has a "ceiling" of sorts meaning the max amount of plays you have to accomplish in order for it to payout. Each time you spin the reels on the pachislos, it adds a +1 to the play count. In the middle of game play, you might be "asked" by the machine to press a certain sequence. During this event, if you don't press the correct sequence, you missed your chance to lower or break the "ceiling" limit, but if you do it correctly, you'll lower or break it. However, this event doesn't apply to certain games like the "Roulette Game" on Super Black Jack or Rio De Carnival, it applies more to "sudden noise or sudden light flashing" events where it directly asks you to shoot anything but the left-middle-right sequence. Yes, pachislo are directly skill stop in the sense that you must stop the reel on 7-7-7 or any other combination, but that you must play and raise the amount of plays that is "stocked" and play the machine's mini-games properly, then the machine will payout. Following the payout, if you do the correct sequence or something by luck in the bonus mode, you can chain fever rounds together. Also, there is the aspect of eye-shooting, the machines are usually programmed to allow eye-shooting on the first two reels with a 0.2 - 0.6 second slip (I forgot the actual specific), then the exception of the comes in during AT (Assist Time) Mode where you can eye-shoot all three or wait it out until the machine forces you to get the 7-7-7. Something like that?

I think that is how there is skill in each? Correct me if I'm wrong? Add something if I forgot?

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Kujibiki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Kujibiki View Post
    Yes, pachislo are directly skill stop in the sense that you must stop the reel on 7-7-7 or any other combination, but that you must play and raise the amount of plays that is "stocked" and play the machine's mini-games properly, then the machine will payout.
    I meant to say "No, pachislo are not directly skill stop in the sense that must stop the reel on 7-7-7..."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Kujibiki View Post
    I think the reverse is true, that being Pachinko (Modern) are more chance based and Pachislo (Modern) are more skill based.

While you have to use skills of some sort to aim the Pachinko Balls into the different pockets on a Pachinko machine, the amount of control you have on the ball reaching the pocket is minimal, minus the bonus mode where the big gate is open. Even if you find the "sweet spot" of the lever you balls fall in the pockets more of a 1 in X amount, X being a number between 5 - 30 or more. Due to the different vector changes that the pachinko balls acquires when it hits different pins. While you do get balls into the different pockets, each ball triggers the random number generator only once, and usually the machine only stocks 4 of those spins even if you get more in. Each spin of the reels on a pachinko machine is run by a random number generator. So each spin on it is independent from the next meaning your chances are fixed to whatever odd it is set at, with the exception of a few machines that "stock" your spins or machines that are "loose".

Pachislos (Modern) on the other hand, to my knowledge, unless they have changed the manufacturing legislation on the Pachislos again. Each pachislo has a "ceiling" of sorts meaning the max amount of plays you have to accomplish in order for it to payout. Each time you spin the reels on the pachislos, it adds a +1 to the play count. In the middle of game play, you might be "asked" by the machine to press a certain sequence. During this event, if you don't press the correct sequence, you missed your chance to lower or break the "ceiling" limit, but if you do it correctly, you'll lower or break it. However, this event doesn't apply to certain games like the "Roulette Game" on Super Black Jack or Rio De Carnival, it applies more to "sudden noise or sudden light flashing" events where it directly asks you to shoot anything but the left-middle-right sequence. Yes, pachislo are directly skill stop in the sense that you must stop the reel on 7-7-7 or any other combination, but that you must play and raise the amount of plays that is "stocked" and play the machine's mini-games properly, then the machine will payout. Following the payout, if you do the correct sequence or something by luck in the bonus mode, you can chain fever rounds together. Also, there is the aspect of eye-shooting, the machines are usually programmed to allow eye-shooting on the first two reels with a 0.2 - 0.6 second slip (I forgot the actual specific), then the exception of the comes in during AT (Assist Time) Mode where you can eye-shoot all three or wait it out until the machine forces you to get the 7-7-7. Something like that?

I think that is how there is skill in each? Correct me if I'm wrong? Add something if I forgot?
    Very well said.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the skill involved in Pachislo & Pachinko is. Getting a machine the size of a
    T.V. set past the wife and up two flights of stairs.
    Then when she spots it three weeks later, Convincing her that it's been there for ages.

14. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Amazing, truly amazing. I wish I was that talented!

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It took me quite awhile to figure out that the pay percentages was just the amount of tokens that are paid on a jackpot. As far a eye shooting on my SuperBlackjack you can get the first two sevens easily but the third is not an easy hit. I have found that after it does not hit a jackpot for awhile I push the third one first and the seven is easy to get. But then when you still get down to whichever button is last the seven is pretty random again.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by derek1960 View Post
    I think the skill involved in Pachislo & Pachinko is. Getting a machine the size of a
    T.V. set past the wife and up two flights of stairs.
    Then when she spots it three weeks later, Convincing her that it's been there for ages.

This is so damn true... I have smuggled many a machine into the house and up the stairs whilst she was out. LOL As to the skill on pachislo and pachinko, well for the pachislo certainly when the big bonus has been made available. e.g. On sinbad adventure it is very easy to eye shoot on the blue or red LEDs when big bonus is available. Same for Mumu World, if bonus is available, you dont want to hit the small bonus, if you set up a small bonus with the V in the middle, you can eye shoot so the third reel loses, giving you a better chance for setting up big bonus win again. Playing Jaws pachinko, certainly the use of the ball speed gives you more chance of setting up big bonus rather than going to right side of playfield to win 3 balls back. Machine will play by the odds set, when machine is in a paymode you can skill shoot. Sometimes you get the odd surprise. King Camel being the most unpredictable game play ever...who knows with that one when its in bonus mode or not, ive hit 3 red sevens by eye shooting even though there was no indication of bonus available, e.g. when you land a cherry on first reel, you know that a bonus is coming.
    Last edited by malcymal; 10-02-2009 at 08:24 AM.
    King Camel - Popeye - Beast Sapp - Mumu World DX - No Pachinko Yet, but working on the wife! Two vintage one armed bandits

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to malcymal