Thread: Help! Lots of Ultraman Questions!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help! Lots of Ultraman Questions!

Hi all,

Again thanks for welcoming this newbie into your "clan."

Just recieved my second pachinko yesterday, Ultraman, and have some problems/ questions on the unit.

Main problem is that the unit gets jammed up front (shooter/fliiper) very easily. If I have the front ball tray filled completely, it will almost always quickly jam and have several balls jamming the macine. I have checked to uit and everythng looks clean and there are no obstructions, if I just fill the front tray sparcly it works fine, but as soon as one gets a Fever and winning lots of balls it always jamms. The front door does not lock, a key was given, but it doesn't lock the machine, is this any problem?

Also, can anyone help me locate the reset button and voulume controls? I have serched the back of the unit, but was only able to find the
    ball release. I assume the unit is set at the lowest volume level already, but this unit is so loud I really can't play it much for fear of alienating my neighbors. Anybody have any tips for installing volume controls on this unit, as it looks like it will be trickier than others.

Also, I know I saw a post on how to disable the horrid alarm the machine makes on boot up, but can't find it.

Chance button question, after playing the unit for hours, getting many Fevers, the Chance button has never lit up once. There were times on screen it appeared I should be pressing something, but nothing. Is it that rare that it is used that I just haven't gotten to a palce to use it or could the button not be working?

William

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help! Lots of Ultraman Questions!

To get to the volume control you need to open the large plastic cover in the middle of the back of the machine - there are two plastic tabs that you just press in and it will open. The volume control is a small black toggle switch down on the bottom right area.

The reset is bright red plastic and is right above the thing that looks like a telephone jack on the main processor board.

I don't understand what you mean that the door dosn't lock - when the door is closed you should not be able to open it without turning the key or pushing down the latch on the back.

Are you sure the ball path is clean running from the front tray to the shooter. Open the main door and run a qtip or pipe cleaner up through the ball path. You may have to remove the plasic cover to fully clean it.

Here's how to get to the speaker wires - open the front door; on the bottom left there is a plastic cover over several connectors where the main grey wire bundle goes; remove the cover and one of the connectors is red; facing the connector - the speaker wires are the 4th and 5th wires from the bottom on the left side of the connector. You can mount the volume controls on the back of the machine and run the wires up to the red connector area.

There's also a bass speaker - but I can't see on my machine how I got to the wires. Hopefully someone else can help. You'll probably need to take off some of the circuit boards to get at - removing the boards easier than it sounds.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckymoey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you cleaned the balls???

that may help. also is you machine pretty level with a very slight tilt toward the back??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by willilicious View Post
    Hi all,

Again thanks for welcoming this newbie into your "clan."

Just recieved my second pachinko yesterday, Ultraman, and have some problems/ questions on the unit.

Main problem is that the unit gets jammed up front (shooter/fliiper) very easily. If I have the front ball tray filled completely, it will almost always quickly jam and have several balls jamming the macine. I have checked to uit and everythng looks clean and there are no obstructions, if I just fill the front tray sparcly it works fine, but as soon as one gets a Fever and winning lots of balls it always jamms. The front door does not lock, a key was given, but it doesn't lock the machine, is this any problem?

Also, can anyone help me locate the reset button and voulume controls? I have serched the back of the unit, but was only able to find the
    ball release. I assume the unit is set at the lowest volume level already, but this unit is so loud I really can't play it much for fear of alienating my neighbors. Anybody have any tips for installing volume controls on this unit, as it looks like it will be trickier than others.

Also, I know I saw a post on how to disable the horrid alarm the machine makes on boot up, but can't find it.

Chance button question, after playing the unit for hours, getting many Fevers, the Chance button has never lit up once. There were times on screen it appeared I should be pressing something, but nothing. Is it that rare that it is used that I just haven't gotten to a palce to use it or could the button not be working?

William
    Hi William,
    I know your problems, I`ve been there but solved it .
    Its always easy if you know what to do .

Kyoraku squall alarm:
    OK here it goes: It`s absolutelty not necessary to install volumpots.
    On the back of the machine, there is a large plastic box, peek to the small windows and you will discover a small black vertical switch, this can be set in 3 modes, switch to the top is the loudest, bottom is almost silence, take a small screwdriver and turn the switch on he lowest prosition, it is not necessary to remove the plastic cover.
    Ok the sound is now fine to hear, but what to do about that squall ?, simply you have to make a on/off switch between the 2 speakers wires like I did, you can find everything you need to know on this thread, page 2
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...-how-stop.html

When I turn on the machine I put the switch to "off" you almost don`t hear anything, as soon as the game starts turn the switch to "on" and your sound is back

The jamming seems to be normal by a Kyoraku machine told my Japanese supplier, you have to open the frontdoor and try to release the jamming balls with with your fingers or a thin piece of wood, the jamming is mostly in the inside of the cell in the hole in the middle of the bottom, he also told that shake your machine will sometimes help.

I also prepared a Hissatsu 3 pachinko for Denhomer, and I discoverd that this frame from
    Kyoraku was slightly different then from a Ultraman, Jaws or other titels... they probably changed the fault of the jamming because I didn`t not discoverd a jam.

Good luck and if you need more help just mail your questions in this thread.

Regards Dragonfly
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 01-25-2009 at 06:32 PM.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Dragonfly

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS