Thread: MF, SF, and the like..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default MF, SF, and the like..

Hi I was curious about the different variations on pachinko machines. I found that there are MF, SF, XF, etc. verisons out there, I know the differences is mainly the odds of getting bonuses, etc. are greater or less depending on the machine. However, at Pachinko parlours I never noticed that there was a difference.
    So are these different versions vastly different? Does the odds exponentialy increase depending on machine? Or are they pretty much the same?
    Thanks (●^o^●)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: MF, SF, and the like..

I know that with the pachislos, the odds are calculated over the play of 10,000 tokens. So I believe that the pachinko odds are calculated in a similar fashion.
    You would have to pump 10,000 or so balls through the start pocket to get the odds that are posted.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The main difference is the odds specifications. There are often cell artwork differences and sometimes small changes in gameplay or video.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

5. The following user says "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Duh!
    I forgot that one. I have 2 batman cells, I should have thought of that.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ah, okay thanks. But does the gameplay greatly differ from models? Like is one version super dooper hard and another one you get frenzies and bounses all the time?

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: MF, SF, and the like..

Things that I've noticed that can be different between different versions of the same game:

The odds (the main difference.)

The playfield graphics

The number of rounds during a bonus

The maximum amount of balls you can win during a bonus

The number of balls payed out for the different pockets

having or not having a 100 spin chance after a bonus

CR/nonCR

If Rupan777 ever comes around, I'm sure he can explain all the differences more accurately, I know that he's mentioned Full Spec, half Spec and Cash in reference to the different version of a machine before.

For home use, if you have a choice, it would probably be best to get a version with the most stuff, like all 15 bonus rounds, highest payouts, the most variety in balls payed out and having a version with easier odds probably wouldn't be a bad idea either!

But even though there can be all those differences, I'm pretty sure most people, including me, wouldn't notice much difference between versions.

PS, If there is anything in this post that is wrong or doesn't make sense, it's probably because I'm REALLY tired and need to sleep! ! !

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Half Spec and Full Spec (and other) Spec Pachinkos

slotter
    There has been some talk recently of different "spec levels" of Pachinkos which seemingly (to the average purchaser) are the same. Perhaps the different spec levels on the Pachinkos are indicated by different colored cases or maybe a differently painted game board.

What in essence would the difference(s) be in playing the various spec levels? Would the full spec have more playability than the half spec, for example? I'm guessing you would lose some playing abilities with the half spec.

This might be something we need to keep a closer watch on...

rupan777

Full Spec - Usually lower odds of winning but higher chance of big bonus; usually includes chance stage.

Half Spec - Compared to full, higher odds of winning but lower chance of big bonus; usually includes chance stage. When a machine is first released, it is almost always a half spec machine.

"Cash" machine - Can only use cash (usually 500 or 100 yen coins), Highest odds of winning but usually does not possess a true "big bonus" system, only chance stage for set number of spins (for example, 100 spins for a big bonus number, 50 spins for normal bonus number).

The main difference among the various specs is the cel and the mathematics of the ROMs.

slotter

If one had the opportunity to pick one or the other which would be the better choice? Or, is it purely a matter of personal taste?

rupan777
    No problem. I think it's a matter of taste but I would personally get a full spec machine to get the complete experience.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to arbycoffee