Thread: Teddy Roosevelt Quotes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Teddy Roosevelt Quotes

SOME QUOTES FROM TEDDY ROOSEVELT

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.
    -----
    In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
    -----
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.
    -----
    The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife.
    -----
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
    -----
    Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike.
    -----
    I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being.

-----
    Character is far more important than intellect in making a man a good citizen or successful at his calling. Meaning by character not only such qualities as honesty and truthfulness, but courage, perseverance and self-reliance.
    -----
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
    -----
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    -----
    Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
    -----
    In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
    But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American.
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but is something else also, isn't an American at all.
    We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile.
    We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.
    -----
    If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness.
    -----
    There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100 percent. Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
    -----
    A just war is in the long run far better for a nation's soul than the most prosperous peace obtained by acquiescence in wrong or injustice.
    -----
    This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in if it is not a reasonably good place for all of us to live in. Laws are enacted for the benefit of the whole people, and must not be construed as permitting discrimination against some of the people.
    -----
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs.

- by Bob Lonsberry © 2006

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Teddy Roosevelt Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
    by far one of my favorite quotes
    LLTR :boxing:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Worked for Sherif Pulser also ,Big sticks is cool, ugly sticks is fer ketchin bass,
    Dont get a 'Pine club " theys fer sissies ya needs abig ol P---Elm club' a manly thing of a club
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we need more Teddy Roosevelts in this country
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    so true...
    LLTR :boxing:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    Amen, Brother Arby, amen!!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it is in general what is lacking from the world these days.. the Idea of thinking more for the greater good as apposed to 1 persons / 1 minorities selfish needs.
    The Ideas of Family, Country have gone down the toilet.
    if you dont repect your country, or family nothing noone is going to.

there is a Greek saying that say "if you do not say good words about your House it will fall down and squash you" (it loses a bit in the translation but i am sure you get the point.....)

i have a very hard time understanding certain things that people do. Flag burning for instance. I can understand freedom of speech and expression but when you do things like that. you shame not a piece of fabric as some people put it, but you shame and trample the Ideas, the hopes and dreams and the sacrifices that have gone into making that "Piece of Fabric" a symbol of a nation....

anyway.. i stop ranting now...

thanks for putting up with it..

Sid out.

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Sid