Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first machine, and then my second and third...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first machine, and then my second and third...

Hi! I accidentally ran across a vintage pachinko machine on Craigslist. I remember seeing one of these as a kid 30 years ago and have wanted one ever since, so I bought one, then a couple more.

2011-06-06_23-15-21_505.jpg
    Bought the first one on Sunday.. Nishijin.. Ebira is apparently a lobster monster acquaintance of Gojira . Is this a model C? I cleaned it up a little, some bulbs are busted and the fuse/hookup block is missing. Had a total of 12 balls with it, all stuck in the jackpot. Also included was a rusty pinball, the guy thought it belonged with the machine. Cost me $50.

Then Monday, I bought these two...

2011-06-06_23-13-56_851.jpg
    Daiichi... my daughter says the center feature looks like a vampire. Lights work, and jackpots get paid out. A couple hundred balls came with it and I played this one last night until the jackpot ran dry and balls were overflowing into the bottom tray. So much FUN! Cost $30.

2011-06-06_23-13-47_754.jpg
    Then this... Nishijin.. Power Flash.. Haven't plugged it in yet because some wiring is loose and I want to understand it before I catch the house on fire... Heavy! Looks to be in great shape. Big lighted switch on the bottom tray. Got it for $30.

Anything I should know about these?

I think I did pretty good for my first two days. Now to see if I can stop buying these things before I fill up the house.

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to xjn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first machine, and then my second and third...

Welcome to Pachitalk

Great looking machines top and bottom are both Model "B" machines and the middle is a Model "B" style of machine..

if you need any help with them feel free to ask..

and just a FYI the power flash works on 10 to 12 volts and 24 volts respectivley...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk, a very nice collection .
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is this the St. Louis batch?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am in St. Louis... not sure what you mean by St. Louis Batch, but I suspect that it is. The first one was from a different seller than the last two.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by xjn View Post
    so I bought one, then a couple more...
    I think I did pretty good for my first two days. Now to see if I can stop buying these things before I fill up the house.
    Your Hooked! Welcome to the club. With the way things sounds it seems like you may end up like a few of us. You go out and buy one, then you buy another two or three more, then you can't stop buying, and then you end up with 60 machines +, and IT NEVER STOPS!!

Though this is a good thing because it sounds like you are able to find them cheap. So you can clean them up and sell them back off. Also to me the best part of vintage pachinko machines really is cleaning/restoring them, (which is right next to playing them).

Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

P.S. I'm so jealous you were able to get a power flash for $30. They are selling for $100+ at the moment! So I can't even get near buying one.

100 machines and counting...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

The Force is strong in this one

Ian #UKPachinko

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The PowerFlash Pachinko was the most frustrating Pachinko in the late 70's early 1980's cause of the coils and levers just for the Tulips !! My Dad bought one and I didn't know back then that it needed a 24 volt ac 5 amp output power transformer Let alone know where to pick one up back then it wound up Rusting on a exposed to Wisconsin Winters screened porch .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everybody for the welcome.

I rewired the PowerFlash last night and managed to not kill anything. The wiring between the wall cord, the transformer and the power switch was hanging loose with bare wire ends everywhere. I have everything wired together with wire nuts now, but they get in the way of the ball box. I'm picturing the wire nuts getting knocked off by the ball box and having a box full of pachinko balls at 120v... ouch. Makes me nervous reaching back there without looking first, I need to find a better way to secure this.

The lights are working now all except for the power switch on the bottom tray. It looks like it has a little Christmas tree type light in there, the switch itself has three leads coming out of it, I determined which were the switch leads with a multimeter, but can't figure out where the third lead (which I'm assuming is for the light) is supposed to connect. Would it go to the 120v side or to the 24v side of the transformer? Xmas lights run on 120v so.. i dunno. I believe the switch was added by Pachinko Factory.

Unfortunately the servos don't seem to do anything. They don't seem stuck, but measuring the power across the leads at the connector board gave me something like 1.5v. Any hints on where to start troubleshooting this?

The Nishijin Ebira machine has constant jackpot jams... the balls double up in the chute because the cover is missing. I saw somebody here make one out of cardboard... Is that the best way to fix this?

thanks everybody! great to meet you all!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Nishijin Ebira machine has constant jackpot jams... the balls double up in the chute because the cover is missing. I saw somebody here make one out of cardboard... Is that the best way to fix this?
    I am assuming you are talking about a model B, the lower ball feeder cover? The vintage pachinko website has them for sale. I made a plastic cast of one and had mixed results. Card Wii sent me one made out of bent metal and it worked perfectly. Mopar is another great source for some things as well. I'm guessing they will post a reply. I also made one out of sheet plastic, balsa and epoxy, it worked just fine too.

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...ers/Categories

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...o-machine.html
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here is some pictures of mopars cover: post #13

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...t-machine.html

I have two of them on my machines and they work great. all it is is some 16th inch aluminum or steel and a hunk of foam. Probably fairly cheap to make.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as for the wire nuts toss them in the trash...

get your self a solder gun and some heat shring tubing... way better concact and no risk of them ever falling off...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the one problem with a Power flash is... if some one put 110 volts to it.. that will burn up the diaods the convert the 24 volts from ac power to DC power..

please take some time and post a few pics of how you have the power hooked up right now... i know there a few thread i have writen on Power flash power hookups.. let me look threw and ill post tonight for ya...

the best way to look at your machine is to remove the fuse block and check the back of it for damage...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

power flash fuse box (1).jpg
    this is a pic of the fuse block the white wires are for the lights.. (like any normal Vintage)

Power for the solonoids is hard to see but is under and behind the power for the lights..

Top fuse is for the lights.. bottom fuse is for the solonoids..

Power flash power box.jpg
    this is the back side of the fuse box.. the single white and orange wires are for the lights.. the double strand grey wire is power in for the solonoids.. (24 volts)

Power flash power box (1).jpg
    Ya can see hear i fliped over the circuit board to expose the 4 diodes.. (these are what gets burnt when and if 110 volts are sent threw them)

now refer back to pic #1 and see the plug that is beside the 2 fuses.. (black plug 2 orange wires) this is now 24 DC power that goes into power the solonoids..

I have bought new Diodes at Radio Shack for replacements.. the problem is when i tryed it other parts were fried.. (this attempt was on a Circuit racer machine a few years back)

(Max has a Circuit racer Machine that has burnt Diodes as well but his circuit board was good when last tested)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

and for Power these are what i use... they work great on Power Flash and Circuit racer machines...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220496712293&ssPageName=STRK:MEW AX:IT

Love them

this transformer will provide 24 vots to the solonoids and 12 volts to the lights.. one power source for everything

Hope this helps ya out.. hope this makes sense.. those that have a PF please feel free to corect anything or add to if i missed something??
    Last edited by Moparformances; 06-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and for Power these are what i use... they work great on Power Flash and Circuit racer machines...

NEW 25.2V CT 2.0A HEAVY-DUTY CHASSIS-MOUNT TRANSFORMER - eBay (item 220496712293 end time Jun-09-11 19:12:39 PDT)

Love them
    Do you have a newer listing because this one seems to be too old. Thanks for the pictures by the way they'll help out eventually.
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 06-09-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Do you have a newer listing because this one seems to be too old. Thanks for the pictures by the way they'll help out eventually.
    ummmmmm i thought that was an active listing

im at work right now and no access to Da-bay allowed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Fourth and Fifth.

I will take some photos of the wiring tonight when I get home. The pics you posted are great help... There are a pair of black carbon looking rods in place of the fuses. I'm not sure what they are.

So instead of the diode bridge rectifier circuit, you recommend a dual tap transformer? That makes a lot of sense. I can't see anything at the link you provided... can you send a newer link so I can see what you have in mind?

I think I'll just try to fab a ball cover for the lower ball feed on the Ebira. The Power Flash still has the original one so I can use that as a pattern.

Picked up a couple more machines last night.. both were pretty dirty and I haven't even shot a ball in either one yet.

pachinko4.jpg
    Nishijin... some clown or puckman guy in the center. The background is exactly the same as my first machine, the Ebira one. Looks to be in pretty good shape and came with a little pair of legs. $30.

pachinko5.jpg
    Sankyo.. features some kinda dog creature. Very dirty and came with the little legs. Looks like a bit of moisture damage around some pins. Some paint on the center feature of both of these is rubbed or flaking off. $30.

My wife has informed me, in no uncertain terms, that I now have enough pachinko machines.

Thank you all.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to xjn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Fourth and Fifth.

I will take some photos of the wiring tonight when I get home. The pics you posted are great help... There are a pair of black carbon looking rods in place of the fuses. I'm not sure what they are.
    Pics are a great help... worth a thousand words easy

So instead of the diode bridge rectifier circuit, you recommend a dual tap transformer? That makes a lot of sense. I can't see anything at the link you provided... can you send a newer link so I can see what you have in mind?
    Im no Sparky ... but i have an over simplefied understanding of houw these things work now and then..

the Transformer listed above provides the 24 votls for the solonoids and the center tap or spliter wire will provide 12 vots that can be used for lights..

this power is AC.. the Diodes convert the 24 ac to 24 dc to make the machine work... the parlors worked in the same way.. im jsut guessing they had huge transformes and ran many machines off of one..

its my understanding that the diode bridge rectifier jsut converts the ac to dc?? that is required

My wife has informed me, in no uncertain terms, that I now have enough pachinko machines.
    ya ya ya

Yes Dear last one I promis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I promised her I wouldn't buy any more...

this week...

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to xjn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Man you are really buying those fast. There must be many for sale in your area. I take it that they are all fairly cheap too. If you keep buying like this you might hit ten by the end of this month.

great new buys by the way. Can you post some pictures of the backs when you get a chance? The more pictures the better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast