Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two Hours

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Two Hours

Okay, I'm at work all day. Friday for a project manager are usually pretty busy as your trying to collect all the data that all your customers are chomping at the bit to read.

So I get home at 6:30 CST, the wife is a nurse and working late tonight. So I have my Schnauzer to pet and the board to check on. Two hours it took me to go through all the new posts! I'm not a slow reader by any means as Evelyn Wood and I knew each other in college. :wink:
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i'n retired and have a hard time keeping up,

i did some shopping and got back online and still haven't caught up on the posts.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ain't it great?!?!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This board is SMOKIN' today. I'm trying to get my new Harley slot cleaned up and in order and tested out and I pop up to the office to check mail and keep up-to-date here and keep falling more and more behind. 8-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I get up at 5:30 am to keep cought up, I ordered breakfast in. This is bad, huh ?
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ended up just staying logged in overnight and now back this morning to read some more. haha!!! 8-) :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have said this before. I love this forum and look forward to reading posts after work. The problem is I don't have the time to read and respond to them all like I would like to. So the problem is how to go through and read only the ones you can and interest you without having to mark them as read. I started out going to the main forum index and going through all the new posts then I was told how to use the view all unasered posts on the top right. This was better but now I can't even get though all of them. They just keep piling up. I have had to go back and sort the index and mark the ones I can't read as Mark all as read. This is time consuming and in the end I miss allot of stuff. There must be a better way to sort the posts and mark them not just all read but be able to mark them as not read but not add to the number of unasered posts. Then on days that a person has more time can go through them and read them or mark them as read later. If I mark them as read when I did not I might as well forget about finding them and reading them later. When you open a post and then you close it it is automatically marked as read. Can there be a way to say hold certain posts them when you close it the ones you did not read and placed a hold on you can go back to at a later time? This should be in suggestions but the thread was about this. To moderators and administrators please look into this. This forum is growing so fast I can't keep up. There must be some way to sort the posts better and keep up without just marking stuff as read when you did not! I have sat here for the past four hours and had to mark as read almost 50 to 60 % of the posts just to get most of the board cleared and man it just kills me to just dump all the posts. Lazarus. :-(

Utopia1dc

Laz-

You need to make more time to read ALL the posts. Call out of work a couple times a week...That should get you caught up! :grin:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are a couple of mods for posts.

I have added several. You might be able to do an email digest in your profile. I haven't checked into that.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm afraid that your email provider would drop you with the number of posts you'd get in email. :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I enjoy the heck outta this forum and login several times a day to read the new posts. I can see why you'd get WAY behind if several days pass and it sure would be difficult to get caught back up without missing a lot. :-?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on days when i have to work if i dont get home before 6pm or so it takes me a long time to catch up but id rather have it like that over being able to login at the old way and get caught up with 3 mins.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There has to be a way to make it easer to read only the posts that you want and save the rest for another time. As this forum grows it will only get worse. I think we will start to lose members if it is more of a hassle to use the forum. Look at a regular like me. I can't even keep up with the day to day posts now much less if I miss a day. Can you imagine for the member that comes on once and a while and have them see hundreds of new posts and no way to go through them other then marking them all read just so the next time there isn't hundreds more that keeps rolling over. Look how much bigger we are then we ever were on the old forum.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you just having a bad day?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

laz,
    use the search to find only what you want to read.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NO I am not having a bad day. This has been a growing problem for me. I have only so much time to devote to this forum. It is one of the best parts of my day. I do not have an opportunity to go to the board during the day. And no Arby it is not the same. Doing a search to find something and reading the posts are different for me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

growing as fast as this forum has can be both good and bad,

it is very easy to get behind in reading posts.

but the information and friendship is really very helpful.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yeah I agree, using the search donest work at all, youll miss out on alot. I have trouble keeping up too. At some point you just have to say forget trying to read every post. Thats not what the board is really for, every post isnt going to be either 1 something you know about or 2 something you care to read. I stick to about 5 or 6 forums and only read those. I never read anythign in pachinko at all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I read every post on this board. Now a little known funciton that might make everyone's day a little brighter is the little gold icon to the left of the name of the post, when clicked will take you to the newest post you haven't read in any particular thread. This saves having to scroll down through all the posts and looking for where you left off. Hope this helps people navigate the board a little better.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Now a little known funciton that might make everyone's day a little brighter is the little gold icon to the left of the name of the post, when clicked will take you to the newest post you haven't read in any particular thread.
    I tripped over that little gem awhile back, and LOVE it! Takes you RIGHT where you wanna be....someone had PLANNING when they put that in!!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast