Thread: Pachinko Keys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Keys

Anyone know of a source for a key for a modern machine? I've seen one on EBAY, but it's already up to $20!! Talk about nuts... Anyways, I've finally gotten around to making a cabinet to hang on the wall and realized that I need a key and a dongle. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Keys

Hmmmm good question. I know keys for vintages are pretty much nonexistent and difficult at best to make. Likely the same for moderns. I have seen on YJA large lots of various keys for moderns for pretty cheap but it would still be a shot in the dark.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

3. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

luckily modern pachinko all use the same key. My key fits every machine I have seen made after 2002 (I don't know for sure when they switched to this)

Here is a pic p_key.gif I also have a sheet metal one that was hand cut that works in most of my machines. (shoulder is too large for it to be fully inserted in some machines)

It may be worth doing a google search as I found them for 1,000 yen or so in the past, I think that would still be under $20 with shipping.
    the

LLTR

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That looks like one of the Omron keys. Did the price run around $20 if you don't mind me asking? Maybe that key on ebay isn't so much after all. I saw the mod in the research center that would allow for a 9/16" allen key to work, but at this point I don't want to risk ruining the lock. Has anyone tried this mod? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an Omron lock sitting in a parts pile I guess I could try the mod on it at some point
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all for the responses. I found a site in Canada that is offering keys for moderns looking like the above in owennewton's post for about $10 US, so I ordered one and I'll let everyone know if it fits my machines so that others can order if they need one. In my search for the key, I ran across a web site selling a Thuderbird Powerflash if anyone is interested. It was at pachinkoplanet.com at the end of their vintage section. Wish I could afford that right now as it has been a dream machine, but hopefully someone here can claim it and give it a good home.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to BananaSlug

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Before most pachinkos started coming with keys I modded all of my locks using Arby's lock mod..It took less than 5 minutes per lock and once I did have keys the modded locks worked just as good as the unmodded locks with the keys..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's good to know! Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by BananaSlug View Post
    Thanks all for the responses. I found a site in Canada that is offering keys for moderns looking like the above in owennewton's post for about $10 US, so I ordered one and I'll let everyone know if it fits my machines so that others can order if they need one. In my search for the key, I ran across a web site selling a Thuderbird Powerflash if anyone is interested. It was at pachinkoplanet.com at the end of their vintage section. Wish I could afford that right now as it has been a dream machine, but hopefully someone here can claim it and give it a good home.
    Members here aren't very likely to pay that price for a Power Flash or any of the machines on that site. I see about 8-12 per year come up on C List with most being the Little Man/China Man version and anywhere from 50 bucks to a couple hundred. You just have to bite the bullet and have it shipped-no biggy if it's your "dream machine". Have the seller drop it off at UPS to both pack and ship. It costs a little more but it will be packed right and it makes it easier on the seller which means it's more likely the he'll agree to the deal. I posted a link on C list 10 days ago with an ad for a T-Bird P Flash but the link has since been removed so they do come up.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay thanks for the advice. It just seems that they never come up around here and it's the first I've seen being for sale.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well when looking for a certain machine it seems they never come up in the area you happen to be in. That's just the nature of the cosmos or something or other. All the machines I currently own are machines that I actively look for and I had to have all but one shipped to me to include a couple of one of a kinds ( in the States anyway) that I imported from Japan. At the time I was in Louisiana and there just aren't many pachinkos down there. It's one of those things where if you really want it then you have to make it happen. You could also set aside a Powerflash fund so that you're prepared when one does come up. They're lots of fun and worth the hassle to find and obtain. I had several and enjoyed them quite a bit before I turned into an arrangeball convert but I still miss playing them. Craigslist search engines are a huge help since most machines are for sale there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have keys for mine, the last one I got was supposed to come with one, however the box had 'opened for inspection' yellow tape all over the outside, and no key was inside anywhere. So I contacted the seller, they sent another key in a small box. That small box arrived with yellow tape all over it 'opened for inspection' and no key. I gave up. I can't imagine the seller paying shipping on an empty box, so I decided that maybe they just weren't allowing keys for that one to leave the country. The tape was over some of the shipping labels so I do believe it actually was opened somewhere en route.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We sometimes will sell keys if we have extras for $12.95 which includes shipping to the continental US. We normally don't buy extras so as long as there are only a few requests we should be able to accommodate them. PM or contact me through our website if you are interested.
    Clover Collectables - the US's largest Pachinko and Pachislo dealer - [email]Contact@clovercollectables.com

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to jackdanielsx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I modified one of my locks on my first Sankyo - Marilyn Monroe and used an old FORD truck key and adapted it to work the lock. Turned out great. I know it is not an "original" Pachinko Key but the cost was only my time and having fun learning how to modify it!
    Gets down to how bad you need it and how much your willing to pay.
    Who knew a small chrome ball would be so much fun !
    Vintage pachinko, Bond 007(Pachislo),Bond 007, Star Wars Pachinko,Top Gun Pachinko,Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000 pinball, Dick Clark's New Year's Eve slot

23. The following user says "Thanks" to slotsoffun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got a key from Tommy Zhou at Imatrix in Toronto, ON for $9.99. Ordered online from his website and it came in just 6 days. It is a dark metal but otherwise looks like the one above. It says "Made in Japan" and "Omlock" on one side with 3 characters on the reverse. It fit both my moderns (a Bisty Monroe and an Maturi Apollo) and is an 1/8" thick. Nice key and thanks for all the help! Hope it helps everyone out if ya need one.
    Last edited by BananaSlug; 11-07-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to BananaSlug

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jackdanielsx View Post
    We sometimes will sell keys if we have extras for $12.95 which includes shipping to the continental US. We normally don't buy extras so as long as there are only a few requests we should be able to accommodate them. PM or contact me through our website if you are interested.
    I requested/received one from jackdanielsx and it works perfectly in both my Indy and my LoveLove. Now I can make a case and not worry about leaving the right side accessible or putting a hole in it.

Thanks!

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to doa12