Thread: Pachislo Card Readers?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo Card Readers?

Howdy! This here is my first post to the Pachitalk forums. It seems like a vibrant community of avid and passionate pachi-anything collectors and I'm excitied that I can be a part of it. I look forward to taking advangtage of everything this community has to offer.

Moving along, I've got a question that pachislo vendors in the U.S. can't seem to answer for me and I was hoping one of you all might have an answer or solutionto to.

I'm interested in replacing the token slot on several pachislo machines with a smart card reader. This company, http://www.sci-s.com/sub/gaming.htm, told me that it was possible but only if I knew what the protocol the pachislo machine used (they told me that the most common protocol for American slot machines was SAS).

I called up a pachislo vendor here in the states and they told me that they didn't know what "protocol" was in reference to pachislo. This whole issue about slot machine protocol is all Greek to me as well and I haven't been able to find much information on Google other than highly technical pages.

Has anyone heard of card readers on pachislo machine or have any experience with card readers on gaming machines or arcades? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care and thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo Card Readers?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM DJIOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! unfortunately I have no clue what the protocol would be. but have patience my friend, within 24hrs. many will have read your post and hopefully be able to give you some insight...

3. The following user says "Thanks" to scooby_doo_m2002

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What would your intent be in adding these readers to a pachislo?

With a fifty credit max limit on these machines it would appear that adding the auto-credit feature from one of autoslots mods would be the most cost effective way of dealing with this for the home enthusiasts.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome djioh! I go along with Tulsa and the auto-credit.
    But personally, I love the "clink" of the tokens going in, and especially coming out.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

cant help with the protacol to pachislo machines but i can point you in the direction of a world wide company i used to work for that amongst other things designed there own system for eather stand alone card reader or a system that used a computer network to controle a hole arcade for altering the odds changing all the machines or some to free play altering cost per play and reading money/credits in money out they are quite helpful but arnt cheap at all
    the company is a subsigury of P&C micros here are a couple of links you will have to click around the site or email them as it been a while since i been on the site
    http://www.pcmicro.com.au/
    http://www.zoneempire.com/portal/modules/wfchannel/

hope that helps a little i will try and find out a little more on the pachislo protacol for you as this is somthing i am looking at with both pachislo and pachinko if you do a serch on the sentance Interesting Question then it should bring up that thread wich will explain about using a card reader like in japan for the token / ball loan machines would be called a medal / sphear loan machine over there wich sits on the side of the machine
    are you looking to use the card reader as a way of putting credits on the machine or do you want a card reader / writer that will put credits on and take your winnings off to elimernate the use of tokens all together?
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

9. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for your input guys! I'm (was) interested in card readers as a way to keep track of the token in and token outs on the machine. I've got a bunch of Gemplus card readers lying around and I was wondering if I could configure them and mod them to work on the machines. I found that thread about token in and out counters here and that seems much more practical than what I had in mind, although I'm still curious about what the people I talked to meant by protocol and why card readers cost $999. It's just the reader, a small processor, an LCD screen, and a power supply, from what the people told me and that's all stuff you can buy really cheap and wire together yourself if you have the technical expertise.

I'm more curious than anything now as to how this could have been done. Thanks again, everyone!

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

card readers are usually cheap its the interface and reserch into the interface ect that costs so it has to be passed on in thhe selling price
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do