Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here- Reel stop buttons are not working, any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie here- Reel stop buttons are not working, any suggestions?

I bought a used machine called "Seven League". I am completely new to these machines, so any help would be appreciated. Anyways, I figured out how to change the skill level, etc., but the reel stop buttons will not work at all. You pull the spin knob and after about 30 seconds the reels will stop on their own, but the reel stop buttons will not work. I unplugged and plugged back in all the wires from the buttons, but still the buttons do not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie here- Reel stop buttons are not working, any suggestions?

it may sound lame but have you done a full reset just to makesure there is no glich in the system

Also how fast are the reels spinning as they have to reech a sertan speed befor the reel stop buttons become active and there may be just a dirty sensor ect fooling the machine in to thinking they havent reached full speed yet
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had the same problem with my Aztecta. Make sure that the reel stop board connections are tight.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1st, make sure none of the other buttons or the start lever is sticking. Sometimes you can tell because there will be LEDs in side the machine that turn on and off as the buttons and lever are pressed. If nothing's stuck pressed, then check to see of the LEDs light when you press the stop buttons. If nothing's stuck and the LEDs don't light when the stop buttons are pressed, I'd check all of the connections once more then try replacing the stop board. This is one component that's generally interchangable regardless of the brand of machine
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

also if machine is new to you then contact vendor and grouch as they should carry warrenty
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check the wires and the back of your start lever to make sure there is a good connection
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everyone has pretty much covered everything. So I will just say: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does this machine have light up stop buttons ? if so do they light up during that 30 sec? if not try pushing up on the start knob and see if they do then light up .also try pounding your fist on the door pnl above the buttons (before someone starts yelling about pachi abuse , dont hit it hard enough to break the plastic although there pretty tough and have had it done many times for coin jams in the parlor )if the the lights come on try to stop the reels they should work . if either of those work you have a sticky switch or knob a little spray silicone around the edge of the buttons where they recess into the machine should help them but you may need to disassemble the start knob and apply some white lithium grease to it . good luck . since your not getting an error i doubt the reels are the problem .....
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was playing around with my pachislo and created this problem once. It had nothing to do with the direct connections to the stop buttons. Rather, there was another board inside the machine with a DB-25 connector on it and a ribbon cable connected to it (looks like an old-timey printer port). I had tried disconnecting this to see if the machine wouldf still work. Check the ribbon cable to that board to make sure it's connected.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like the relay board and it does control the reel stops if you blow that 24 volt fuse youll see just how fast those reels stop .......
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe his fuse is blown?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have tried all the suggestions, and nothing seems to work. The machine was given to me because I bought a foosball table off a guy. He said the reels would not stop. Here is what happens:

You put the tokens in & they register.
    You pull the knob and the reels start spinning.
    The lights above the stop buttons light up, but when I push them, the reels do not stop (I know the spin knob is not sticking, because the stop buttons light up.

I think it might be a bad board.

I have made sure all the wires are connected tightly, and the machine will automatically stop after about 45 seconds. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Any info about the machine "Seven League" is appreciated and any link to where I could get a replacement board is appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you could try to remove and clean the whole stop button assemby.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just because they light up does not mean the spin knob is not sticking. Push it the opposite direction then press your stop buttons.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you remove the spin lever there is a small board on the back of the joystick,

if you pop this off you will see contacts like on a regular joystick or mouse.

clean these contacts with alcohol or contact cleaner.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Make sure the machine has a stop board with 30 pin connector. If the connector is off or the board is missing, it will act the way you describe.
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try every last option and if it is the board, try http://www.stealthhomeamusement.com/index.html he is very good about having the part you need and at a reasonable price also.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Look carefully at the reel stop board. This is the one that is mounted on the right side of the enclosure. It is on this board that the signals from the buttons are debounced and fed back to the processor board. There should be a big ribbon cable connected to this board. Make sure the cable is seated correctly. Look for any dangling wires etc. If that looks good, there are other things to check on that board..but I'd start there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do the lights on the stop buttons turn OFF when you press one of them?? Not an expert here by any means, but on the three pachis that I have, all stop buttons either turn off or change color whenever ONE of them is pressed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie here- Reel stop buttons are not working, any sugg

I had the same problem (reel stop buttons not working) on my first machine that just showed up today. My problem was a missing fuse on the S1655AP1 board located just inside the door on top right side of my IGT Terminator.

This is a great forum, thanks to all who posted.
    Animal king Julie Terminator Super BlackJack New Terminator Top Gun Tomb Raider

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mrjimmy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast