Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Well Tulsa, I am not saying anything against those sellers at all. Fact of the matter is that Pachi Sellers generally deal with Adults Only. Not many kids are able to purchase a Pachi but will bid on a Cheap Video Game. I meant aBay Logos next to the PachiTalk ID. I thought that was a good addition. Wheres yours Tulsa? or dont you Buy/Sell on eBay? Heres my eBay Info.

Feedback Score: 4387Positive Feedback: 99.9% Members who left a positive: 4393Members who left a negative: 6All positive feedback received: 5158
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang
    Yep, that just sums it all up for me.

Arbonnebabe, I mean nothing personal by it - I have never bought from you and I'm sure you are a great person to deal with. I'm just talking of this concept of withholding feedback.

But, on this last page and from different people, I'm seeing "bonehead buyers", "dirtbag bidders", "morons" and "flakes" all describing customers. If this is how much respect you guys have for the people you sell to, no wonder you're afraid of negative feedback.

I see the opposite from sellers like Arby who, from what little I already know, makes it his business to please his customers and make sure they are as happy as they can be with their purchase. No withheld feedback and not one negative. Not one. Where are his "bonehead buyers" and "dirtbag bidders"?
    If you have not dealt with a Bad Bidder you must have not sold much on eBay of have been very Lucky. This is very small portion of the eBay community, but a portion just the same. As a business person I choose this method as protection against this small group of bidders. If I wish to refer to this small group as dirtbag bidders and morons that is my perogitive. This is the US? Correct? Happy Holidays All ! Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

That's a nice eBay rating and something to be proud of Mike.

I put the eBay logo's up for members who are selling something on eBay and a way for the userbase to find those auctions easily. Members helping members as it were.

The intention was not for everyone with an ebay ID to put it up. As intentions go though, everyone does what they want to. So members who are not selling anything also have this icon. Not sure why as it serves no real useful purpose to click into an empty box. But it is what it is.

Personally, I do not sell anything on eBay. I work more than a full time schedule and when I'm not working, I manage and tweak this place. I don't have time to sell anything on eBay. So I didn't put mine up. Again, why click on my icon to see nothing?

If you're simply curious about my feedback though...

Feedback Score: 23
    Positive Feedback: 100%
    Members who left a positive: 23
    Members who left a negative: 0
    All positive feedback received: 36

I don't buy a lot on eBay either, almost all pachi related.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

vgc

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's snowing in Pachiland

I give feedback right away, my feedback is 1860 positive with 4 negatives that I didn;t deserve
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When a seller tells me that they will leave feedback for me AFTER I leave it for them, I remind them that I have completed my portion of the transaction.

When the item arrives, I send them an email thanking them and letting them know I got it. If it's something that I'm pleased with (accurately described with no bad surprises), I'll also tell them that I am ready to leave positive feedback... and remind them of MY policy as a buyer... "seller goes first".

Then... it's up to them to believe me as a customer.
    If they don't leave me feedback, I don't leave it for them either.
    But, in that case, I never BUY anything from them again.

You'd think most sellers would be OK with this honesty and communication.
    But sadly, about 90% stick to their original "beliefs". They got my money, I got their item. They must be happy with that. So they don't need more of my money, IMHO. They go off my watch list.

There's probably about 20 or 25 items I've bought from eBay that turned out like this.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let me first start by saying I am a newbie and hello to all.

I always make it a point to leave feedback after payment but I have found a very bad problem on ebay. Each time I sell a machine now and the high bidder wins then some else sends the "2nd chance offering" to the other bidders pretending to be me. They tell them other bidders that the higher bidder backed out and that they can have the slot at their high bid.

They ask for payment via western union and once they get their money they never see the machine. Of course since I did not really send the second chance offer they can not leave me bad feedback but a few have emailed me wanting to know where their machine is at. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Moral here -- only deal with PayPal.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by marks
    Each time I sell a machine now and the high bidder wins then some else sends the "2nd chance offering" to the other bidders pretending to be me.
    How are they managing to send this email as you?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

They just spoof it, I've gotten second chance offers for things I didn't even bid on and for things I lost by several bids. Your best bet is to contact the seller direct (not thru the email sent to you) and verify.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

These emails are not coming to me, they are going to people that are bidding on the machines I have listed for sale. Someone sends the bidders that did not win an email stating that the high bidder did not pay and they can have it for their bid amount. Then they tell them to pay via wire.

I have also gotten them on items I have bid on as well.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by marks
    These emails are not coming to me, they are going to people that are bidding on the machines I have listed for sale. Someone sends the bidders that did not win an email stating that the high bidder did not pay and they can have it for their bid amount. Then they tell them to pay via wire.

I have also gotten them on items I have bid on as well.
    Just put something in your auctions that says someone is sending fake second chance offers and that you do not.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

forward them and all ebay spoof mail to spoof@ebay.com, they will investigate it and hopefully stop it.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We have started emailing all the bidders after the auction to tell them to watch out for this. Of course we could make the auction private but I hate to do that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You all know that you can add a rebutal to any neg feedback asd I have on the only 2 I have , this can be a breif explan on yoyr part , Just a thought you may have overlooked, check mine out
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Moral here -- only deal with PayPal.
    Amen! And with a credit card, I might add (PayPal 'buyer protection' does not always apply).

I noticed that some of vgc's few negatives (and considering what you sell, that's amazingly few negs) may not have happened with PayPal.

And PayPal with a credit card gave me the confidence to deal with Scott here. For once I had a dealer that sold pachinkos at a great price where I could actually arrange local pickup, and I knew if it went wrong I'd be protected by the card company.

All went well, and this thread has been better than any business school course could be on the topic of importing a container of pachinkos and selling them on the Bay!

Thanks everyone, for your candor. It's Pachitalk at its best.

P.S. If you've ever loved vintage video games and are in the Cleveland area, don't miss the Video Game Connection store! I'm not in that vicinity often, but I was a couple of months ago and wound up with a bunch of cool and obscure stuff. If only there was a (brick and mortar) pachinko store as great as VGC is for vg's!
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

18. The following user says "Thanks" to ocpachinko

vgc

Fever Hunter the-pachinko-master!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbonnebabe
    Arbonnebabe back,
    I guess most of you disagree with me. Just so you know, I have never left a negative feedback. I only came close once and that was for non-pymt, on the very 1st item I sold!

I can understand your point about leaving feedback once the buyer has paid. I keep in constant contact with my buyers. I thank them for their purchase and payment, let them know I am shipping it the next business day, give them the tracking number and scheduled date of delivery and follow up with them whenever necessary. I let my customers know how I handle feedback and it gives me more of an opportunity to give them a more personalized feedback, too!

I did say that it takes away all of my power if I leave feedback too soon, but I warn buyers against the same. If I have a newbie to Ebay, I send them a couple of paragraphs I came up with introducing them to Ebay and telling them a little bit about it. I let them know that they can contact me anytime during or after the transaction with any questions.

I probably said the wrong thing when I said that " It takes away all of my power," because I don't really feel that way as a seller. I do feel that way about buyers who leave feedback too soon. Again, as a buyer, I have been burned a few times myself.

As a seller(and buyer), I do have a 100% feedback rating and I don't think that any of my customers mind the way I handle their transactions. I give alot of personalized service and you can read some of my comments and see that! As far as no one ever leaving feedbacks because everyone waits: I have only had about 10 customers NOT leave feedback for me. I think it is because I have told them what to expect and that I always intend on leaving them very positive feedback once the transaction is over.

I do see your point about payment and I will think about what you all are saying, but up until this point I have felt strongly about the way I have done things. I am open minded though, but I do like leaving personalized feedbacks for some people and I would miss that if all I put was, "Great Buyer, Instant Pymt, Will sell to again anytime, Thank you!", on every transaction.

Your right, selling on Ebay is not an easy thing to do! I do it for several reasons, one which I will not go into right now.
    But I love my customers, hearing their stories, and interacting with them from start to finish. Not every customer is like that. Some I never hear from, except in my feedback, but it just makes my day when someone tells me that their child loved something they bought from me or some other kind of cool story. This is why I continue to sell on Ebay.

I will continue to read what everyone has to say and I will continue to think about what has already been said. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone by the way I handle my business. I have never intended to "blackmail" anyone. Thank you for all of your comments and I'll keep reading whenever I get the chance, which unfortunately is not every day.

Thanks for listening,
    Arbonnebabe
    I have to agree with Arbonnebabe. A transaction is NOT over until both seller and buyer are happy. Often a buyer will leave a negative before contacting the seller and giving him a chance to make it right. It is the "buyers" responsiblity to contact the seller if something is wrong. The transaction is not over just because you got paid. I have 627 feedback on ebay Ebay ID (the-toy-master!) and have a 100% rating. I go to the moon for a buyer if he is unhappy. But sometimes you get a newbe and perhapes a nut as well that no matter what you do you can't make him happy. Sometimes a seller can be unhappy with a transaction as well. What I'm saying is a transaction is not over until both sides are happy.

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to the-pachinko-master!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Help from anyone who recieved a machine from Scott.
    I won the e-bay auction #
    "6233018278" SONIC THE HEDGE HOG PACHINKO PINBALL MACHINE SLOT RARE
    The machine has not arrived and I have not heard from the seller since 12/11 when he e-mailed and said shipment would be Tuesday.
    I contacted DHL and they can not do a search for shipment without a zip code from the shipping area. Anyone who has recieved a machine please contact me with a zip code of where it was shipped from.

Thanks
    Len
    cameye61bj

newcastlellc@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I called my neighbor and he pulled his old shipping label and here is the complete information for you :

Diversity Industries
    S. Romero
    210 PASEO PICARO
    ANAHEIM, CA 92807
    UNITED STATES Tel 714-240-0524

I have also emailed it to you.

GOOD LUCK!

23. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW thank you azlew, I called scott and he said he will contact me with the tracking number later today.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Dadof4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks to all who came to the rescue... Package arrived and is now warming up before opening. Now to hide Sonic from the kids till christmas.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast