I 10-4 that
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Scott,

I would suggest to you now that the initial apprehension is over and people are comfortable with your offerings and that eBay has seen fit to disallow your activities, you consider listing some of your machines here in our for sale section.

I doubt you'll find a better audience outside of eBay and not sure that most of your sales weren't from here anyway.
    I look forward to that!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P.
    Whoops ! what I meant to say, was TOUCH ! don't want any misunderstandings !
    Thomas P. you can edit your post if you make a mistake like that (could've been a biggie ), as long as you do it shortly afterward. All you have to do is hit the edit button and fix your post and hit save changes.
    Dawn

4. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My neighbor got his Pachinko and all is well.
    There were the same things that Arby stated as far as packing but we are used to worse things than that(including rusted balls!) with some other vendors.

I also would welcome your selling pachinkos here. We could use a front running lowcost vendor and as you have witnessed here : we will support you if you are straight and patient with us. In fact we will also be patient and even understand the occasional broken glass etc just to be able to have someone like you!
    Thanks for being understanding to our brief paranoia

Scott : Do you have a list of some kind of what you have awith prices that you could post here?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Scott (diversityind), I have followed all these threads about you, the auctions, the worry, etc. from the beginning. Since I didn't bid, but did look, I didn't think it necessary to comment one way or another. But now I shall.

The coolest head early on seemed to be arbycoffee. I have met this great man and have bought a total of eleven machines from him. I have visited his shop and watched the care he puts into them, the love he has for them, and the ultimate packing he does for shipping. I have seen the absolute care he shows his customers and it is phenominal!

His comments in post 116 should be read by you and all, over and over. I don't know if you could get higher praise than what you recieved in that post.

It sounds like you did a fine job of packing, on par or better than the two big sellers, and that is good. But until you purchase a machine from him, and see for yourself the ultimate packing arbycoffee does to minimize damage by the shipping gorillas, you might advance your sales even more.

One last thing. If you can stay as active on this board, i.e. Gaku at Big Bear, and answer public questions openly, as he and arbycoffee do, be honest in your posts as they are, there is no doubt in my mind that you could also become a major seller, not just here, but also on eBay.

I hope you do.
    Last edited by Tony Junior; 12-15-2005 at 08:53 AM.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Junior
    Scott (diversityind), I have followed all these threads about you, the auctions, the worry, etc. from the beginning. Since I didn't bid, but did look, I didn't think it necessary to comment one way or another. But now I shall.

The coolest head early on seemed to be arbycoffee. I have met this great man and have bought a total of eleven machines from him. I have visited his shop and watched the care he puts into them, the love he has for them, and the ultimate packing he does for shipping. I have seen the absolute care he shows his customers and it is phenominal!

His comments in post 116 should be read by you and all, over and over. I don't know if you could get higher praise than what you recieved in that post.

It sounds like you did a fine job of packing, on par or better than the two big sellers, and that is good. But until you purchase a machine from him, and see for yourself the ultimate packing arbycoffee does to minimize damage by the shipping gorillas, you might advance your sales even more.

One last thing. If you can stay as active on this board, i.e. Gaku at Big Bear, and answer public questions openly, as he and arbycoffee do, be honest in your posts as they are, there is no doubt in my mind that you could also become a major seller, not just here, but also on eBay.

I hope you do.
    Well Said Tony!!!...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've been reading this thread with great interest, it's been like a mini drama and I'm always a sucker for happy endings! All I can say is that compared with the UK, you're a bit spoiled for choice for Pachinko and Pachislo suppliers in the US and the prices I've seen are unbelievably good (in my most humble opinion).

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We do tend to be a spoiled lot, but we buy more than one or two most members buy 5 or 10+ machines.

Plus I like to spoiling my customers, I want them Happy they bought from me.
    Maybe it is silly or old fashion, but I take pride in doing it.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you ever decide to move to the UK, just let me know!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lol nice mike.

well i must say in the uk we are at least lucky enough to have a very fair an ddecent seller invita-telecom 77 etc who is a memebr on the forums.. low prices (for THE UK) and thevery attentive nice guy but obvisouly more like that would be nice..
    Pachislo - Super Blackjack // Pachinko - Star Wars 2005

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received my first machine from Scott, a black Robocop, late yesterday afternoon. My Cherry Blossom (Sakura) arrived this morning.

DHL did a much better job of handling the carton than previous deliveries I've had via FedEx or UPS. No holes punched through the sides and no bashed corners.

I unpacked Robocop yesterday evening, plugged it in, and after remembering to get the dongle attached, played it for a bit. It played very well. No problems with sound or the LCD, nice sharp video.

It was packed in bubble wrap with loose peanuts added to the box. I think the box could have used more peanuts. Quite a few peanuts got by the bubble wrap into the machine. There were also eight balls either stuck inside the machine or mixed in with the stray peanuts at the bottom of the machine.

The interior glass was broken, one long break about 3" long from the lower left edge to the bottom edge. Broken clean through. I emailed Scott and he gave me two options, I could go buy the glass and he would reimburse me, or he would send a replacement glass. He replied very quickly to my email.

The black case was very clean but had a few scrapes and dings. Nothing serious. The playfield was fairly clean.

All in all, a very nice machine and a I think a real bargain at the price.

I just finished unpacking and setting up the Cherry Blossom. It too could have used more peanuts inside the box. No peanuts were in the machine, but there were fourteen loose balls in the bubble wrap surrounding the machine.

The game played great, very sharp LCD video, nice, though loud, sounds and music.

The playfield was a bit dirty/dusty, and the ball ramps in the rear of the machine (not sure if that's what they're known as) were about the same. But they will clean up nicely.

The wine/rose colored case is perfect. Could not find a flaw. Looks new!

When I get the playfield cleaned up a bit, this game will be gorgeous.

I'm very pleased with the Cherry Blossom pachinko.

While I thought the games could have been cleaned a bit more thoroughly, I don't mind doing some additional cleaning/polishing myself if I can buy the games at such low prices.

So, nice machines, fast delivery, adequate packing to keep the machines from harm on the short trip to northern California, a key, 500 shiny pachinko balls, a ball tray, and low prices. It's hard to go wrong. These games were great bargains and Scott was very responsive to the five or six emails I sent. If, in the future, Scott lists games in similar condition at similar prices, I would definitely buy from him again.

I should also mention that the manual supplied with the games was very basic. I used Bilko44's Modern Pachinko Game Setup, Playing & Troublehooting FAQ post. It was very helpful.

Also need to thank rupan, who helped me decide on getting the Cherry Blossom.
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to sacpinplayer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Had a chance to run my new CR Power Get Game.

100% condition, I alway drop balls in each pocket to check for blockage or problems.

Very Good, Thank you Scott.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received my Friends machine today from Scott. Arrived via DHL with no apparent damage to box. Opened up box and machine looked well packed. Took machine out and unwrapped it , everything looked great, let it sit for about an hour to get it to room temp and then plugged it in and gave it some play. Very nice looking theme if you are a dog lover. Very happy with the machine and the great price I got it for. I hope that Scott will still be able to offer machines this nice at such great prices. Thanks Scott! Here is a picture of the machine.
    and a few others.

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to minnesotabrad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

got my star wars machine today, it was packed nice. everything works great. dang it is loud, have to get some volume control in place before i can play.....thanks scott.

i'll post a pic when i get back from vacation..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Everyone,
    Arbonnebabe here. I want to help clarify a thing or 2 from a PowerSeller's point of view. First, Ebay has a policy to shut down a seller upon any complaint. They do this to protect themselves from liabilities. They will shut a seller down while the investigation is being done. Doesn't sound fair, but it is the safe way for Ebay to go.
    Second, feedback: I always tell my customers that I intend on leaving them very positive feedback once the transaction is complete, and a transaction is not complete until they receive their product and are completely satisfied. They can let me know that they are satisfied via email or by leaving me positive feedback. If I leave the buyer positive feedback right away, it takes away all of my power. I do everything I can to please the customer, but if I have already left their feedback and something is wrong, they may not even give me the chance to make it right. My customers never seem to mind doing it this way. I am just up front about it. If you get a chance, you should go and read my feedbacks sometime!

Now, I know that you think that I am probably just rambling on and on, but I'm trying to give the seller's point of view. Hopefully, Scott will come through for the people who have purchased items from him. We have also been burned by a suspended seller on a little $15 item, because he didn't care anymore. The item didn't work and he didn't care, because he didn't have to worry about getting negative feedback.
    My suggestion is, if you have not already paid him or purchased anything from him, wait until he is reinstated. He shouldn't mind, and should understand, your apprehensions.
    Unfortunately, suspensions do happen on Ebay all the time. There are good sellers and bad sellers on Ebay. I would say a majority are good. Same with Buyers.

I've talked long enough for now. Talk to you later.
    Arbonnebabe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well it sounds like Scott is coming through for his customers! Way to go, Scott!!! Thanks for giving Ebay a good name! The 2 entries before mine that show that they received the machines in great shape came in while I was typing the book I posted above. HAHA!
    Arbonnebabe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[quote=arbonnebabe]......Second, feedback: I always tell my customers that I intend on leaving them very positive feedback once the transaction is complete, and a transaction is not complete until they receive their product and are completely satisfied. They can let me know that they are satisfied via email or by leaving me positive feedback. If I leave the buyer positive feedback right away, it takes away all of my power. I do everything I can to please the customer, but if I have already left their feedback and something is wrong, they may not even give me the chance to make it right. My customers never seem to mind doing it this way. I am just up front about it. If you get a chance, you should go and read my feedbacks sometime!....../quote]

Your feelings on this seems to be becoming more and more popular with sellers on Ebay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Popular, yes, but as a regular eBay buyer, I don't buy it for a second. Holding back feedback is an underhanded tactic in my opinion.

If a buyer pays on time and the payment is correct then his/her side of the transaction has been completed. At that point, and no later, that person should get positive feedback.

Holding back feedback is a blackmail tactic - if something goes very wrong with the shipment, if it was badly packed, things missing (as in my case with my first pachinko), the buyer is going to be hesitant to leave neutral or even negative feedback regardless of whether the seller deserves it or not because they will fear for their own feedback. If the buyer went through with his part, this is grossly unfair.

I see Arby has a message about it in his auctions and I applaud him for that. That, almost more than anything else, shows me that he has full confidence in pleasing the customer and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

Be fair to the buyers.

28. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Dogg Thang

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang
    .....Be fair to the buyers.
    AMEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My father is a firm believer in "I get my money by the deadline, I leave positive feed back." but he got his first neg. a couple weeks ago when someone bought an item of his and the "paypal verified adress" was wrong supposedly cause the guy kept saying "I never got the item" dad sent him 2 different times and both times the item was sent back as wrong adress. so dad refunded the guys money and he still left a nasty neg. Bad enough that out of 200 plus Pos. the 1 neg. people are freaking out about and asking all kinds of questions.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast