Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Uh-Oh On The E*Bay Seller!

Cool online and free spell checker. Just right click after installing to run it: http://www.iespell.com

Been using this for some time. Works great and no spyware, etc. Just a good product.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    they said due to the price of products he was close to 5,000 and since he was under a rating of 100 that threw up a red flag and that the system automatically pulled his products and suspended him
    Wow! This is news to me...shows you what you can learn here...can any other sellers comment on this type of eBay automatic suspension? Is there some boilerplate in the seller signup about these limits?
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Logic, I'm getting a whole new understanding about eBay from this...I understand why eBay would put in an automatic limit, because there's far too many listings for a human to review. I'm starting to understand why people might "boost" their feedback...which always seemed suspicious, and still does. I wonder if some of this was due to having a container of machines arrive with too little time for holiday delivery (I just saw FedEx ground says "no delivery guarantees" starting Monday(!!) although Scott uses DHL).

And I admit, I bought from the seller as a learning experience (both about the machine and the buying process in a case like this). I think of that comment earlier..."thought I'd take one for the team".

I do know something about the business bureaucracy in this state (CA) and how long it takes and how much it costs; I know that after January 1 the value of this stuff drops, and I'm starting to understand a lot of things about eBay selling I didn't before. That's worth something to me, but I'm pretty bizarre (no surprise to all of you...)
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ocpachinko
    Wow! This is news to me...shows you what you can learn here...can any other sellers comment on this type of eBay automatic suspension? Is there some boilerplate in the seller signup about these limits?
    My father asked about that and they said that everything changes from day to day and they suggested he read their policies quite frequently. Because if they notified everyone about that, they wouldn't get anything done cause new things happen everyday.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received an email from Scot last night that gave me a DHL tracking number that shows in DHL that it should arrive the middle of next week. He responded quickly to my request for a tracking number as I want to be here day of delivery so it does not spend too much time out in the cold.
    We have asked other vendors like gaku to carry pachinkos hoping to get the same kind of great deals he gives us on pachislos and then when a vendor arrives with what many have asked for the is immediate speculation that he will not come through. I did not see the same kind of doubt when gaku started the business he has that has been highly praised by many now. It also seems like if someone would post a negative experience with what now seems to be the boards favorite vendors they would quickly be told by many that would be hard believe due to experience of others. That was one reason I was against the vendor rating system that someone else had suggested, most will make a mistake or two in their dealings with the public. It seems as though Scott is pulling though with his commitments and I hope we are lucky enough that he will continue to sell us machines at such great prices.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vespacar
    Cheers,
    James
    PS Can we get a spell checker!!
    If you use Firefox you can get a spellcheck plug in for it that works great.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabrad
    .....We have asked other vendors like gaku to carry pachinkos hoping to get the same kind of great deals he gives us on pachislos and then when a vendor arrives with what many have asked for the is immediate speculation that he will not come through. I did not see the same kind of doubt when gaku started the business......
    While I don't have a strong opinion on this either way, this is hardly a case of people being skeptical due to low prices. IMO, the doubt/concern stems from his initial post being a false customer testamonial and with 14 manufactured ebay feedback. I have never read Gaku's first post would bet that it was not a falsified customer testamonial.

That being said, he may be a fine fellow and I am in no way questioning that. I just think that saying that he is being critisized for delivering low prices is a little untrue.
    Dalto
    -----

9. The following user says "Thanks" to dalto

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dalto, you just put my thoughts down perfectly.
    Comparing Gaku and Scott is not a realistic comparison.

Gaku didn't shill his own testimony, have 2 eBay accounts suspended (that we know of), manufacture feedback with 99 cent items, and then quickly SELL over $11,000 worth of merchandise on one day auctions over a period of three days.

If he would have, he would have been under the same microscope here... GUARANTEED!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Before he even made his post here PIZZAMAN recommended this seller because of his dealings with him and people did not seem to believe him. If he bid and paid for items on ebay as far as I am concerned that is not manufactured feedback, he came through with his bids with no guarantee of getting positive feedback. He also explained why he made those purchases. Maybe his first post should have been different but maybe he was feeling attacked without reason and figured it was a way to defend himself. Like I said everyone makes a mistake or two along the way. The first doubts that were posted did seem to be that people could not believe he could sell machines that inexpensive. On his website he is selling machines cheaper that other vendors and the price includes shipping. People were skeptical because they never heard of the vendor. My point is that at one time no one ever heard of big bear and now he is a respected vendor, lets give this guy the same opportunity.
    and a few others.

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to minnesotabrad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very Well put Brad....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by logicprobe
    Dalto, you just put my thoughts down perfectly.
    Comparing Gaku and Scott is not a realistic comparison.

Gaku didn't shill his own testimony, have 2 eBay accounts suspended (that we know of), manufacture feedback with 99 cent items, and then quickly SELL over $11,000 worth of merchandise on one day auctions over a period of three days.

If he would have, he would have been under the same microscope here... GUARANTEED!
    Amen and yessir he would have been. Scott getting asked questions is most certainly deserved.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    Very Well put Brad....
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Fever Hunter the-pachinko-master!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

He had to many auctions going at once. Close to a hundred auctions,low feedback,always will throw up a red flag. If he didnt bite off so much he would still be on ebay. Everything will be cool,just chill.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My experience so far is that I emailed Scott 2 times asking for tracking information and staus of the the order, and have received no response from his end. I normally wouldn't request this information this quickly after an auction end but given the circumstances, I would like to have the piece of mind of a tracking number or date of when the item will ship at least for now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am glad that the auctions are being honored and people are happy. However for my 2c I still think the guy is a turkey. He was asked several direct questions and he never responded. Thats enough for me to choose another dealer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I for one think the comparison between this seller is Gaku is just silly.

Gaku showed respect for this site and it's members when he started up and has earned a well thought of and respected reputation because of it. This seller choose a different route by attempting to pull the wool over our eyes. I could care less whether or not everything is legit, in this respect it was wrong.

We are a very tight nit bunch on PachiTalk. We give everyone an opportunity that presents to us the facts of the situation and the respect of the truth. Neither happened at the beginning of this. Our skepticism is well founded and deserved.

In the end, if this seller deliverers on all promises made, like Gaku, it won't matter if he's selling on eBay or not, this site and it's members will support a vendor with reasonable prices and a quality product.

Moral to the story, be up front and honest and PachiTalk will be here for you. Attempt a diversionist method of advertising your product and we'll not only see through it we'll shy away from it.

If you're short-sighted enough to believe that anything was wrong with the general reaction of the members of this board, you have a lot to learn about our group.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My bet is he will deliver the machines in the end. But, that doesn't excuse the fact that everyone had to worry about him. He came across as very shaky, to say the least. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received an email from Scott this evening with my DHL tracking number. I checked at the DHL website and a 75lb package is in transit. It looks like things are going to work out alright with this seller, I know we all had some anxiety on our orders.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did not compare gaku and Scott. You guys can really read more into a post than is said. The only reason I mentioned gaku is because he is one of the newer vendors. My main point is that this guy seems to be under attack before we see what kind of product and service he provides. I will be more than happy to share my final thoughts when I get my machine next week so people will have idea what kind of vendor he is, just like others do with other vendors.
    and a few others.

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to minnesotabrad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsblood
    My experience so far is that I emailed Scott 2 times asking for tracking information and staus of the the order, and have received no response from his end. I normally wouldn't request this information this quickly after an auction end but given the circumstances, I would like to have the piece of mind of a tracking number or date of when the item will ship at least for now.
    Thanks for reminding me about this. I checked with my neighbor and still after at least 3 emails he(Scott) hasn't responded. My neighbor was also interested in some of the other pachinko he has for sale that he stated here to write to him about. I told my neighbor that he should hold off ordering any more until he at least gets his first pachinko in.

I am glad the tracking numbers are coming out for everyone, I would think that an address in Arizona would be easy to deliver to but we do have those saguaro cacti to look out for and those scorpions....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast