Thread: I'm Back sort of

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I'm Back (sort of)

Hey folks,

It has been quite a while since I have had the time to make a post here. We sold our house at the end of April, and did not get another one until the middle of July. It is a nice brick ranch house in Mechanicsburg, PA. So, we went from our rural ten acre ranch house outside of Dillsburg and moved up the road about ten miles to a late 1960s ranch house which is in a nice development with mostly older folks. We have been remodeling since settlement, and we finally moved our furniture in about a week ago. I now have all my Pachinko and Pachislo machines in one room instead of several storage units. Yes, my wife now actually knows how many machines I actually have.

Since we were without land line phone service for so long, we have decided to try going without a land line and just rely on our cell phones. For me, the worst part of no land line is doing without easy internet access. I would say that I am just too frugal to pay for it, but my wife will tell you "cheap" is the better word. At this moment, I am at my one daughter's house using her high speed thingy. It is really a pain to use the cell phone to do much of anything on the internet.

In any case, it is nice to be getting settled in our new house, and I am already feeling the cold and getting the urge to take the camper to Florida for the winter.

Best wishes to everyone,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I'm Back (sort of)

welcome back, i dont use a landline phone either i use my internet thru my internet company.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DAVID!!! Wowser, good to hear from you again. And, yeah, quit being such a d*mn cheapskate! Life without internet? Are ya crazy??? Just spend the .50 cents a day and live with it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice to have ya back bud! Glad to hear you're liking your new digs..
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, David. Lots of new folks on the forum since you last visited, including me. Yes, you need to break down and get dial-up or cable internet service so you can join us here on a regular basis.

Mike
    Mike
    Arnold The Terminator Sheep, the baaaddest sheep in the whole damn town, plays only Star Wars, ROBOCOP, and Sakura Pachinkos in CA.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey folks,

Thanks for the nice welcome from you all. I am visiting my daughter again, so I hit her machine to check Pachi Talk again. We will be heading for Florida again in the middle of January, and we will be there for about two months. I just cannot bring myself to spend the money to put in a regular phone now - maybe after we get back from Florida. Even a land line with a dial up modem would seem slow compared to my daughter's high speed whatever she has.

While here this evening, I am checking the site where Don got his barstools. We can use four of them for our basement family room, but we really need two counter height stools for our new island counter in the kitchen, and they do not seem to sell the model Don has in the 24 inch height. They have some other ones I liked, but they are a whole lot more expensive. We saw some nice oak ones at Just Cabinets this evening for $60 each, and I guess we might just get those. I sure would rather have the chrome ones if they were shorter, but the oak will look nice too. Thanks again, and

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can they be whacked off with a pipe cutter as the bottom can be taken off and reattached on the short leg - TIP make sure ya cut all the lags off not 2or three
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Shadow,

Thanks for the idea - I never thought of that. I looked at the picture they show of the 29 inch stool like Slotter has, and I am not sure what it would be like to whack five inches off the bottoms. Hey Don, what do you think they would be like if you cut five inches off the bottom? I would imagine it would put the lower foot ring pretty close to the floor, but how close? Would it look dumb? I cant imagine the lower foot ring could be raised without welding etc., and that is not worth the effort to me.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it might look strange for the foot ring to be that low, but if it did, I'd think you could raise it just by drilling 4 holes farther up on the legs and moving it up some.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thar may be a way to move them up ,check the taper of the legs as the foot rest may not slide up ,But you can put it on the outside of the legs if it is inside and small holes and brass screws would look good , Note you wont use the foot rest when you shortin them , Don whats your take on this?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dave you know you can get a cord and program to use your cell phone at NO more cost , PM if interested and others can PM also , we use it at a lot of our RC Races to upload to the web site from the pits as the race is going also put up photos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Shadow,

Thanks again. I ordered two 24 inch stools from the company where Slotter got his, but they are not the same as his chrome ones. Eventually, I would like to get about four of the chrome ones with pink seats like Slotters for the kitchen bar in our basement rec room.

Concerning your last post on connecting to the internet with my cell phone, let me tell you what I have and see if we are talking the same thing. Two years ago, my wife and I got Verizon LG cell phones to use in our travels, and, at the same time, I purchased a cable that connects the cell phone to our laptop and the Verizon software that went along with it. The package was actually a free ISP through Verizon, and, when we first got it, it seemed almost as fast a our land line dial-up modem. However, in the past two years, the free Verizon service has become so slow, I hate to do anything other than check my E-Mail. I can get Pachi Talk, but it takes so long to go from one page to another, it just does not seem worth it.

Are we talking about the same thing? I have also heard about getting an "air card" for my laptop, but the cost of that is also prohibitive.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think ita the same thing, only we do it through Sprint , and at no additional cost