Thread: Savana King for astr

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Savana King (for astr)

First off, this is a pretty complex machine, gameplaywise, if you've never had or played a modern pachinko machine. This machine is part of a series of pachislo machines so it employs gameplay ideas from both types of games.

Quote Originally Posted by astr
    1) Is there a reset button? Besides unplugging

2) Is there a volume control? I know how to disconnect each of the speakers, but don't see any Volume control.

3) What does the black rockker swithch on the back do?

4) There is a small adjustment knob way down on the bottom right under the power board. What does it do?

5) There is a small two position slide switch at the bottom of the top circuit board. What is it's purpose.

6) When the machine is turned on the "PUSH" button is lit but keeps cycling through the choices until you begin playing and hit a payout hole. Is this the way it's suppose to run?

7) I take it that you have to get three like numbers before you can proceed past the slots type action.

8) Then you have to get past another slots type action, but I'm not sure what wins....

9) What are the four numbered lights above the left side of the video screeen?

10) What is going on when the SAVANNA CHANCE object is lit?

11) What is the significance of the flashing red and green lights under the SAVANNA CHANCE object?

12) Is there any purpose to the OK and X objects --- other than to funnel balls into the trap door?

13) Do balls ever get into the payout holes both left and right of the OK and X objects?

14) Actually do balls ever get to the right side of the glass?

15) Once past the slots reals you have the Round 1 Round 2 etc action. What is going on here? I am really confused as to what is required? Am I accomplishing anything by hitting the payout holes?

16) How many rounds of this are there?

17) When the PUSH button comes on in front of the three doors Is there some kind of logic to which door to choose?

18) How do I know if 1)I have gone as far as it can go? 2) I have won? or 3) I have lost?

I'm just getting started with the machine so there will probibly be a number of other questions. As I said I have purchased this machine in order to give it to my grandchildren for Christmas. So i'd like to know as much about it both mechanically and playability as possible. Thanks for any and all the help you can give me?

Alan
    I can't answer questions 1-5 as the mechanical side is not my forte. Arby suggested checking out or posting on this board for those questions:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77

While I'm linking, I'll also link you to the pachinkomuseum.com page and official page (both in Japanese, sorry) if you need some kind of visual references:

http://www.pachinkomuseum.com/gendai...n33/index.html

http://www.sammy.co.jp/product/pachinko/moujuoh/

Anyway, on to the other questions:

6. Yes, this is normal. There are three different game modes, each represented by different characters and events, From right to left: gorilla/jungle, lion/upper savannah, ostrich/lower savannah. The chance of winning is the same in all of the stages.

7. Yes. Remember that there are two types of win: Bonus and Regular. Big bonuses are on the odd numbers, regular bonuses are on the even ones and 0. The difference between the two is that a regular bonus win pays out once and then it's finished, big bonuses will dump out once and after goes into a bonus stage in which another win is guaranteed though there is no finite number of spins in which it will happen so you have to just sit through it. Big bonuses are important because they can be linked with other big bonuses and you can sometimes get a rather large chain of them to get a big payout. The chain will end if you win with a regular bonus. Confusing? In addition to that, there is a special "chance" stage after every regular bonus which lasts for 100 spins. This is not a guaranteed win stage but there is a roughly 20% chance of winning (and if you get a big bonus then the chain continues).

Maybe it would help to have a visual flowchart:

1. Normal play stage--> If WIN: If big bonus, go to 2; If regular bonus go to 3
    2. Big bonus (jackpot payout)-->Big bonus play stage-->WIN (100%): If big bonus, repeat 2; If regular bonus, go to 3
    3. Regular Bonus (jackpot payout)-->Chance play stage-->IF WIN (20%): If big bonus, go to 2; If regular bonus, repeat 3 IF LOSE (100 spins, no win): go back to 1

8. The "slots type action" (the screen changes to a slot machine) is a special event that occurs in which you get a higher than normal chance of winning. It will last for a finite number of spins, randomly determined by the machine.

9. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are they displayed in the screen? If you can give me a visual reference, I can probably explain.

10. When Savanah Chance lights up you get a higher chance of winning.

11. See 9. I'm not sure without visual reference.

12. No. That's a throwback feature that all pachinko machines have. Some pro players "trap shoot" but that's not important for your needs.

13. Yes, but this another throwback feature and its only function is that it pays out 13 balls in the case of your machine.

14. I think in the case of this machine, it's not physically possible without manipulation.

15 and 16. Those are the bonus rounds, the jackpot door (the small longish door on the bottom portion of the playfield) should open up during this time and that's how you get the payout. Each ball that enters will payout 15 balls, 15 rounds, 9 balls in door per round.

17. Not really. The machine has a fixed probability so choose whichever one you feel is luckiest.

18) 1) The machine will continue playing as long as you want to. Pachinko machines don't have endings like videogames. 2) Again, when you line up numbers, just like a slot machine. Remember this Japanese kanji: 大当り It means "(You) Win". 3) When you're out of balls, energy, patience with the machine or a combination of all three.

As you can see, these pachinko machines can get pretty complex. I hope that helped; it might be a good idea to just sit down and notice the patterns of the different events and what they do and check those links that I posted, they may give you hints. Of course, if you have any more questions, feel free to post here and I can help you out too.
    Last edited by rupan777; 11-11-2005 at 12:29 AM.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Savana King (for astr)

OK, now im thinking of Texas Western on ebay for $290 delv
    from TA
    I like that it has a screen, plus slot wheels

anyone know about this one?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Savana King (for astr)

There's a review in the museum (<--click on this word). You will have to register separately and use your same login name as here though.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777