Thread: Neo Magic Pulsar questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Neo Magic Pulsar questions

Here I go again with 400 questions.........

Is it normal on this model that the coin gap is a little big? I find it very easy to have the coing behind the coin about to go in, sneak its bottom edge in before the coing ahead of it. Thus lightly jamming the 2 coins on entry. Its not a tight jam, you just have to lift up the 2nd coin, but its annoying.

Also because the coin gap is a little large you can really "flow" coins in to my machine. No tapping, just a slow push and they jump in VERY fast. I believe as a result of how fast they can go in, I get a lot of coins that bounce over to the overflow tray. Normal? Also my machine gives me a error requiring a reset once in a while when I load coins this fast. Again normal?

Ok, this one will be hard to explain. NMP makes a distinct CLICK noise after your done shooting a spin (unless you hit a replay). This is the coin mech moving the metal plate from accepting coins or rejecting them during a reel spin. Sometimes on mine you dont hear the click, yet the machine will accept coins anyway. Sometimes if your a little rough pressing the stop buttons you will hear the click. After reading the above and this, does it sound like a worn out coin mech?

Or, are these quirks of Yamasa machines?? The only other pachislo I have is Sinbad Adv and that machine has just perfect execution all around.

Now, I'll say again, Neo Magic Pulsar is my favorite pachi. Its just way FUN.

Charlie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Neo Magic Pulsar questions

YOU AGAIN?!?! j/k
    The coin flow thing is normal; not sure if it's a characteristic of Yamasa machines or just that title but I've experienced the "tight" slot as often as the "loose" one. Oooh, that sounds vaguely dirty... Maybe the other guys who have that machine can give a more precise answer.
    BTW, FTR, I like "tapping" the coins into the machine. One of those "cool guy" things about playing pachislo.
    Last edited by rupan777; 11-01-2005 at 01:12 AM.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Neo Magic Pulsar questions

If you have many coins missing the hopper you may need to remove that metal chute off the hopper that carries them off to the right of the hopper. Just 2 screws and its fixed. I have done this with most of the Neo PlanetTs I have had. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have Yamasa, Net, IGA, Olympia, Aristocrat and Fuji (and maybe one or two other) machines. All of the token acceptors do that with me. But I'm kinda klutzy anyway.

As far as the "click," I never noticed that on my NMP.

I usually put a plastic cup, or whatever will fit, to catch the overflow. I usually forget to empty it though so I still have tokens all over the bottom.

The reset after loading coins in fast, I have never experienced that.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought I had the same problem with my NMP when I got it. Coins flying all over the inside of the machine. chaz makes it sound nice in that they "fall into the overflow tray." Mine was just shooting tokens all over the place in there.

Anyway, I did everything I could think of. Cleaned off all the rust, dust, and grime. No help. Made the slight adjustments in coin acceptor angle that are available. Nothing. I eventually gave up and put a cup over there.

Imagine my surprise when the 27 arrived and does the EXACT same thing. I think it's some weird Yamasa thing. And for me it doesn't have anything to do with speed. I can put them in one at a time and wait for them to clink into the hopper or overflow and they'll still fill the overflow pretty quick. I'd say 1 in 10 heads out of the hopper.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have 3 yamasa machines and none of them do that

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you have a hole in the back of the machine where you can see in to the hopper, look in (flashlight may be useful) while someone inserts tokens and see what is happening to make them go into the overflow hopper. I too had to remove the silver chute on one of my machines that was feeding the tokens directly into the overflow hopper.

Neo Magic Pulsar King Camel Beast Sapp:boxing: Dragon Dice
    Saint Maria Power Road Mountain