Thread: My First Machine! Umi Ichiban, sea story?

Kreag

Default My First Machine! (Umi Ichiban, sea story?)

What a great little machine so far!
    It gets me confused sometimes though... I don't win much (only the odd watermelon linefor 8 credits, and free spins).

Once the machine went nuts and the LCD displayed a "BB" and didn't do anything after that.. I was spinning and spinning and nothing else was happening. I ended up reseting the machine. Does anyone know where I could get some instructions for this machine? The booklet that came with it is quite rudimentary.

I change the odds number (1-6) but it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference. There are also some extra switches and buttons on the inside that I can't figure out.

I'm loving the machine, but I'd really like to figure out a little more about it!

Thanks!
    Craig.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My First Machine! (Umi Ichiban, sea story?)

For the switches you can check in the FAQ section. They are dealt with there.

For information about how the machine plays you can go to the Museum section (requires you to register again). From there you can see other's reviews of the machine as well as get a link to a play guide on BigBear's site.

Just look around a bit and you'll find everything you asked about.

Welcome to PachiNation.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I assume the BB screen that you are referring to occurs once you have lined up the sea animals in the subdigital screen?

When you get that screen, you still have to line up 7-7-7 to enter the JAC game; that's when the "skill" of the game comes in.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was my first machine as well, and is a fun, well-built game. There are actually two separate games going on here. The main game is with the reels spinning and the sub game is with the racing sea creatures on the LCD. When you line up three of the sea creatures in the LCD game, the mermaid girl gets excited and you see the "BB" on the screen. You then concentrate on lining up the blue 7s or the red 7s on the reels. Notice that once you have won the LCD game, the music stops playing when you spin the main reels. When you line up the 7s the game really comes to life and starts playing different music for the JAC games.

When you line up the sea creatures on the LCD notice the number by each creature. Usually when I would win a big bonus it would happen by lining up the lower-numbered fish. Recently I lined up the nines and the machine did something new. After the Big bonus, the LCD changed from the normal blue ocean background to a pink background and started playing different music when the reels spun. Within a couple of minutes the 8 fish lined up on the lcd and I won another bonus round. This pattern continued in a fever mode until I had gone through several consecutive bonus games and then the lcd returned to its normal blue background and music.

You can tell the machine is getting hot when you keep lining up "Luckys" on the reels and the music gets louder. Also look for the pachinko ball to fall into the pocket.

The more you play, the more hidden features you will find on this game.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by trancer2000
    This was my first machine as well, and is a fun, well-built game. There are actually two separate games going on here. The main game is with the reels spinning and the sub game is with the racing sea creatures on the LCD. When you line up three of the sea creatures in the LCD game, the mermaid girl gets excited and you see the "BB" on the screen. You then concentrate on lining up the blue 7s or the red 7s on the reels. Notice that once you have won the LCD game, the music stops playing when you spin the main reels. When you line up the 7s the game really comes to life and starts playing different music for the JAC games.

When you line up the sea creatures on the LCD notice the number by each creature. Usually when I would win a big bonus it would happen by lining up the lower-numbered fish. Recently I lined up the nines and the machine did something new. After the Big bonus, the LCD changed from the normal blue ocean background to a pink background and started playing different music when the reels spun. Within a couple of minutes the 8 fish lined up on the lcd and I won another bonus round. This pattern continued in a fever mode until I had gone through several consecutive bonus games and then the lcd returned to its normal blue background and music.

You can tell the machine is getting hot when you keep lining up "Luckys" on the reels and the music gets louder. Also look for the pachinko ball to fall into the pocket.

The more you play, the more hidden features you will find on this game.

Chris
    Yeah, that particular machine has a hybridized pachinko game mode in that bonuses can be linked together endlessly (though this rarely happens) depending on the animal and number that lines up. 2-4-6-8 are regular bonus characters that will give a single bonus payout. After this payout, though, there is a chance for the number to change into a big bonus number (1-3-5-7-9; see below) so you can continue to the next bonus regardless. In Japanese, this "number change" is called saichuusen (再抽選), which literally means re-drawing.

Big bonus number 1-3-5-7-9 yield a special mode in which you are guaranteed the next win; I believe the background color in Umi Ichiban changes to yellow(or maybe red?) during this mode. In Japanese, this mode is called kakuritsu hendou (確率変動), which translates as "fluctuation of odds". Since you are guaranteed the next win, you can link them up in a long string of wins called a renchan (連チャン), which means "continuous chance". A long renchan is the stuff of dreams as machines can really give long wins; my personal longest in pachinko is 35 straight.

The yellow "lucky" icons lining up places the machine in a higher chance mode; this is where you can get more super reaches and odds-increasing "yokoku" events.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.