Thread: Twenty Seven by Yamasa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Twenty Seven by Yamasa

Well, it has arrived. I even came home early just to get some play time in.

Packaging from Big Bear was good, but not good enough to stop FedEx from damaging it. The light clusters behind the third reel had come off and jammed the reel on the first spin. Some time figuring out how to take it apart, but got it all fixed up with no permanent damage.

There are three connectors on the inside of the door that have nothing hooked. Two are on a small board right at the back of the joystick. The other is at the top right of the window (when looking on the inside). Unknown functions at this time.

Points for anyone who has seen the movies of this machine:
    1) This machine does NOT have ElVision as it appears to in the movies
    2) The audio is somewhat different (i.e., in the movies a guy keeps saying, "Congratulations! You must have Lady Luck on your side", while the machine doesn't say that; he also says "Twenty Seven" and "Good Luck", but mine hasn't said that (yet))
    3) There appears to be a token count on the LCD display, but I have yet to see that.

Other observations:
    3) There are, in fact, 27 possible pay lines. Thus far I seem to hit on about 8-10 of them, though.
    4) There ARE multi-color backlit reels
    5) The lights on the right side of the reels rotate through all six or seven of them over and over until a bonus or chance hits, then they will stop on that area. You can actually see this in a couple of the movies if you're paying attention.
    6) The payout board on top is totally confusing. It shows all sorts of weird combinations and says everything pays 1 medal. Many of those don't pay out at all, though, and the lowest anything has paid is 6.

That's it for now; just observations. I'm going to keep you all up to date as I play more and get a good feel for the machine.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Twenty Seven by Yamasa

A few more observations:

- When in attract mode the reel lights cycle through the available colors. While the color is changing there is an odd noise from the speakers. Not exactly a squeal like on the Sammy machines, but some definate noise pollution.

- The machine is VERY picky on tokens. I have a ton of different tokens that I use in all of my machines. It reliably plucks out the ones that say PACHI on them and shoots them right back out to the coin tray. I have also found a few with a larger lip on the edge of the coin that jam right in the coin acceptor slot; you can use a fingernail and pull them right back out the way they tried to go in. (This is just like the Neo Magic Pulsar with that strange plastic thingy on the inside door portion of the coin slot, but the NMP is not at all picky on it's tokens.)

- I forgot to mention that the machine has BIG reels. They are about the same width as King Camel reels, but they are a lot bigger around. There is a big hole in the back of the machine that the reels stick out through then have a plastic grate over them. Kinda strange.

I'll have to admit, this is my first true Type C machine. It's kinda hard to get used to. And only one type of bonus....

More to come. I don't want to give a good or bad review before I see how the machine goes for a week or so.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the quick review!!!

What site has movies of it?

I haven't played a type C either.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The official site with movies and such: http://sv2.yamasa.co.jp/twentyseven/

Take some time following links on this site. Everything won't translate through an oniline translator, but there are pics and videos all over the place.

This link shows the 27 different lines: http://sv2.yamasa.co.jp/twentyseven/nyusyouLine.html

I'd be tickled to know what some of those images say. Like the supposed counter that I have never seen go above 003 (basically counting the number of bonus games). And like everything on this page: http://sv2.yamasa.co.jp/twentyseven/chanceAction.html

There is a crappy online version of the machine to play here: http://www.yamasa.co.jp/new_world/game/27/index.html

That should give ya something to look at for a while.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. A LONG day of playing.

It is possible to hit more than 3 bonus rounds. When you are getting ready to hit the 10th or 20th a guy comes on and says (or screams!) "Good Luck." The music during the bonus round changes after 10 rounds. Also, the colors that the 7's flash as you enter the bonus change for each round.

I got up to 26 when they stopped. I was hoping that the 27th would be when he says "Twenty Seven" or "Congratulations...." Oh well.

I'm glad the thing finally cut loose. I was beginning to wonder.

cmk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like a nice Pachislo.
    When you get a chance make some videos of it for us