Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Important Please Read!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Important Please Read!

That one has replaced MM, Arby. My, my, my!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is Very importantinfo for the electronic machines ! Many thanks kind sir .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is what I understand from LP (Master of Electric Dragon)
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. This thread exploded yesterday while I was away building a wall....

Logic's analysis above is very nice and what I was trying to say. to LP.

I honestly don't think there is any problem, even with a foreign installed transformer. But like LP says, the regulators WILL fail quicker. But quicker might be in 24 years 11 months instead of 25 years. I really don't think it's going to be a big problem.

Now, on to the more exciting question from above...

David: No review yet. I actually don't even have the machine yet. I'm just so excited I couldn't stand it so I put it on my owned list and changed my avatar. It is currently on the truck for delivery, though. So assuming FedEx hasn't destroyed it I'll be playing by this afternoon.

I'll post a 'first impressions' review after a few hours of playing. Then update a few days and weeks after to see if the excitement wears off.

cmk
    7 Pachislos, 1 vintage Pachinko; ask about 'em.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eventually we will have to make a sticky of the outcome of this thread.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does this mean they will pay higher jackpots? well anyway i go with the theory the regulators will take care of the problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just finished a broad check of different transformer that come with different machines and the ones built inside (100v systems like Harley Davidson, Spin Luck, Addams Family, Beast Sapp to name a few)

Those transformer that are 100v input and 24v out put. These put out 30.43v to 30.44v when plugged into 120v systems of this country.

Machines like Beast Sapp that is 100v, you just plug it in. inside the system it is putting out from 30.43v to 30.44v. This is the reason the LEDS are burning out so quick.

If you are running a Pachinko or Pachislot with a transformer made for operation in Japan, you need to change that Transformer to an American made 120v input with an 24v out put as soon as you can.

The machines are only rated to vary 10% above the 24v.

On the pachislot machines (100v systems) I am not sure if there is a transformer that takes 120v input and 100v output to run them correctly.

I checked my incoming voltage and it was during all test 120.07v to 12.09v.

So this is a problem we should be addressing, I think.

I would agree! I work on these machines. Most LED's want only 1 1/2 volts. If you over power them poof.. gone. Then your replacing them. They should last indefinately (if treated right.. voltage pending LOL!) I have some LED's that are over 30 years old so both voltage and amperage are important. Be nice to your machine and cheap meter can tell you a world of stories. Know what your machine is needing and know what it is putting out. Case in point. Its all old school.

Good Stuff!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SpeedRacer888

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a machine like beast sapp (hanabi hyakki) and i can tell ya it doesnt make any diffrence to the machine ..... you have to watch where you take your measurements at if you take them at the transformer your being fooled try at the fuse on the relay board it powers most devices on the machine and has been rectified . On mine it read 23.9 volts with 120.3 volts applied from the house receptical by your estimations it should have read 30.0 volts or higher . just for good measure i unplugged the receptical for the led reel lights on the first reel and again read 23.9 at that location . if your regulators are doing their job this is a non issue its an easy measurement to make if this really bothers you do it and get peace of mind if you need to ........ as for the regulator blowing early because of the extra couple volts i wouldn't loose any sleep over that either line voltages go up and down all the time and the regulator is there to smooth as well as limit voltages thats their job and there designed to handle it as well . as for leds they do require a specific voltage thats true thats why they have a ballast resistor and if fed the proper voltage from the rectifier there isnt an issue there either (in this case 24volt .actual reading 23.9 volts was measured ) again a non issue . The line voltage is not the reason for the led failures in these machines its the lousy construction of the led package thats at fault here and it seems to be extreme changes of temp that cause the failure by causing fatigue on the lands for the actual led in the package (demonstrated by pressing on the failed leds and them relighting again). plug in your machine and enjoy it with 1 less worry .....
    Jeff

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3