This make sense to me but that dosent mean its sensible. So someboby tell me where the downside is.

If these old 'Vintage' machines have been sitting around getting rusty or deteriorating, would there be any advantage to running oily balls thru' the system for awhile?
I dont mean balls right out of an oil can & dripping crude everywhere.
But what if you laid some balls out on a flat suface, say 100-200 balls, & then sprayed them with some WD40?
Then just played that 100 balls for a few days & let them run thru all the areas that balls run?

I know theres alot of plastic that the balls wouldnt ( would they? ) affect but what about the other areas. The inner tracks, ball shooter mechanism etc.
My biggest concern would be the playfield & getting the WD40 on the laminate. If its very lite, would it hurt? Would it benefit the nails?

The optimum way to do this would be to take the machine apart & clean & oil each part that needed or required oiling.
But, I dont & wont have the kind of time to dismantle 10 machines for awhile & Im just thinking about trying to retard the progress of any rusting, freezing or deterioration of parts that may be going on that I cant see without taking them apart.

Soooooo, what do you think?