Thread: Been awhile since I've been on here. Opinions needed to try fix or junk it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Been awhile since I've been on here. Opinions needed to try fix or junk it

Its been years since I've been on here. I had this Hanabi Hyakkei sitting in the corner of the house boxed up. I guess heat or maybe moisture got to the machine? The screen is all messed up. The machine still works (though its loud and I don't remember if there was a volume control on this or not. Keep it or junk it? I don't think I'll be able to get the screen fixed or find parts for it.

IMG_6100.jpgIMG_6101.jpgIMG_6103.jpgIMG_6102 (1).jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to weirdo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Been awhile since I've been on here. Opinions needed to try fix or junk it

If you like it and want to try repairing it, go for it. If you don't care about it to put effort and/or money into it, put it on Facebook Marketplace for someone who wants to try it

Can't really see what happened and I'm no expert. My guess is that whatever glue or solution held the background to the glass has dissolved or delaminated. Pulling it apart carefully or using a hairdryer on it might re-melt the glue to make it clear again or let you take the layers apart in order to clean them up. The display itself seems to be okay. In the end though, you have nothing to lose if you make it worse and have to get rid of it. Or find one of these somewhere with a bad display and see if you can get their center glass, but that may take a while...

Personally I'd try and repair it. Even just experiment on a small corner to see what I could do.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Been awhile since I've been on here. Opinions needed to try fix or junk it

Yikes !

Yes, it does look like some sort of clear laminate that separated a little from the inside plastic of the reel / video area so I agree that you could try to get the laminate bon the plastic or if you're up to it carefully remove that Assembly from the machine to see what can be done about the haze .

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

6. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's strange that it's all like that in rhe same diagonal direction .