Thread: Where to buy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Where to buy

Hi I', looking for Card Reader Emulator Unit (rev 3) from https://www.pinballdave.com/store/
    and I want to buy it but the product is out of stock and I don't know when it will be available. Can anyone advise me where I can buy a Card Reader Emulator Unit (rev 3)?

Thank you for the advice.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Where to buy

hi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you're in Japan, you can try: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/s1114388329

While this is not the same as the DaveRob dongle, it is similar. The main difference is that this one starts up with 100 credits instead of 0. And you can't add credits with a button. Instead, every time you press the ball lending button you get 25 balls and it uses up a credit. Once the credit count hits 0 it jumps back to 100.

I have 3 of these and 3 of the DaveRob dongle and I prefer these myself for two reasons:
    1) I'm lazy and don't have to hold the 'buy credits' button for a second every 10 credits,
    2) The DaveRob dongle crashes sometimes and I have to power cycle the machine or unplug the dongle and plug it back in for it to work again. In the meantime the shooter is disabled, making the crash annoying (my machines are all on the same power strip so I have to power cycle all my machines at the same time whenever this happens).

The DaveRob dongle has its advantages if you use the rest of the emulator system, but since I just use the dongle I buy whichever I can find (this Japanese seller doesn't always have them in stock either).

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you told Daverob about it. I've had dongles for years (v1 and v2) only problem I had was the internal power supply component failed.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not. I keep forgetting, since every time it happens my focus is on getting the machine back up and running and playing (and after that I'm not worried). But good idea... I'm not sure which version I have. I do know that power issues can cause problems with the dongle, but the machine it happened on yesterday is the one with the biggest transformer I own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Atoombolle View Post
    If you're in Japan, you can try: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/s1114388329

While this is not the same as the DaveRob dongle, it is similar. The main difference is that this one starts up with 100 credits instead of 0. And you can't add credits with a button. Instead, every time you press the ball lending button you get 25 balls and it uses up a credit. Once the credit count hits 0 it jumps back to 100.

I have 3 of these and 3 of the DaveRob dongle and I prefer these myself for two reasons:
    1) I'm lazy and don't have to hold the 'buy credits' button for a second every 10 credits,
    2) The DaveRob dongle crashes sometimes and I have to power cycle the machine or unplug the dongle and plug it back in for it to work again. In the meantime the shooter is disabled, making the crash annoying (my machines are all on the same power strip so I have to power cycle all my machines at the same time whenever this happens).

The DaveRob dongle has its advantages if you use the rest of the emulator system, but since I just use the dongle I buy whichever I can find (this Japanese seller doesn't always have them in stock either).
    Thank you for your advice. Your suggested very helpful, I'll Try to buy item your recommended.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Note: I've sent DaveRob an email.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Atoombolle View Post
    Note: I've sent DaveRob an email.
    Please let us know what he has to say. I have been experiencing the same issue on several of my machines. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It’s likely overheating. Check the voltage out of the transformer as it’s specced for 24V +/- 10%. And lower the LCD brightness level in settings. I have lowered mine from 6 to 3, but don’t have enough playtime to see if that will do it.

on one machine I can see heat being an issue as the dongle is rightl above the transformer. The other should not be an issue, but we will see if I can reproduce it this week.