Thread: Just got my first machine, I think I have two separate Issues.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just got my first machine, I think I have two separate Issues.

Ok. Overall the machine appears to work. When balls go into the payout openings, payouts are received. The slot goes off when appropriate I believe. However, the "spinner" that seems to use tbe ball that made it in an opening to determine the payout amount constantly spins, making a decent amount of noise. I feel like there's a switch open or closed that is stuck in the wrong position causing it to rotate all the time instead of only when needed. If I pull the rod (shown in the video) over to the left the spinning stops but then obviously no payouts happen.

Second issue is the display on the slot portion says "FO". Is that an error code? The bottom of the front seems to have some movable parts but I have yet to see them open. Perhaps from hitting a jackpot?

Finally, and maybe this is just because it needs to be cleaned, the launcher probably "launches" a ball every three attempts. Sometimes i need to jiggle the balls in the feed to get them to go. Is there something I should be looking out for?

Any guidance would be great. Thanks in advance!

20240218_083004.jpg

20240218_082950.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to raiderxx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Just got my first machine, I think I have two separate Issues.

I don't have that particular frame but it appears there is an empty arm with a hole at the end of the horizontal rod you moved. Something most likely came loose from there or is missing. Perhaps a spring?
    Last edited by rockston; 02-20-2024 at 04:34 AM.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    I don't have that particular frame but it appears there is an empty arm with a hole at the end of the horizontal rod you moved. Something most likely came loose from there or is missing. Perhaps a spring?
    I thought it could perhaps be a spring missing, but I don't believe if a spring were there, it would do anything. Putting a tensioned spring at the end of the rod moving it to the "left" like what my hand was doing would cause the the "jackpot checker" mechanism to stop, but nothing appears to change the state of the rod one way or another. When the ball goes through a hole it triggers the lights and sounds go off and the ball travels somewhere (cant see because of the board) and then rests near the "jackpot checker". Unless that "jackpot checker" is rotating, it does not do anything else with the ball. Once the checker starts spinning, the ball will fall into the cylinder and that's how the machine knows to pay out (6 or 13 balls I believe). What I can't get my mind around is, you're right, I feel like there needs to be SOMETHING at the end of the rod I was touching, but I can't figure out where it would "tie" to, since I don't see anything else switch or move when a ball goes through a hole. The clear/white piece right near the end of the rod rotates to stop new balls from going through if there are no more balls sensed in the hopper. So if there were a piece that broke off the bottom that had connected it to the rod, that may stop the "jackpot checker" from spinning if it raises, but boy.. it's just so loud I struggle to believe that thing just runs 100% or the time constantly.

More pics (sorry one is upside down, can't figure out how to rotate them. I swear they're correct on my computer!):

20240220_123352.jpg20240220_123401.jpg

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to raiderxx

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know some machines have a constant motor for payouts. Not sure what make and model frame they are though. Sorry.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I know some machines have a constant motor for payouts. Not sure what make and model frame they are though. Sorry.
    I was thinking this too, but I finally found a youtube video of this machine that was quiet for a while and I couldn't here any clicking like the video above!?

Hopefully someone else has the same frame will see this!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’ve got this frame; but with a different cell in it, a hanemono type. Mine’s payout motor does not run constantly; although the center feature does make some noise (normal).

First things first; do you have 500+ balls loaded in the upper hopper when this is happening?

11. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    I’ve got this frame; but with a different cell in it, a hanemono type. Mine’s payout motor does not run constantly; although the center feature does make some noise (normal).

First things first; do you have 500+ balls loaded in the upper hopper when this is happening?
    Absolutely!

Edit: not going to lie... I didn't count... but it's enough where I don't THINK any more would make any difference? Seems like a lot of balls and it keeps the sensor depressed.

20240221_214535.jpg

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to raiderxx

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is this machine the Great ,Great, Great father of the "Revenge of Vader" pachinko machine ??
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I have pulled my Flying Carpet out of my closet, it’s in the same frame as yours; turns out the motor noise is completely normal; and it’s not that loud anyway (you’d never hear it while actively playing in a noisy parlors with hundreds of other deafening pachinkos )

In the past I thought the noise was coming from the center feature; (as is often the case, also completely normal for a hanemono) but it’s not!

I see no issues with the pictures you posted; looks like mine which works fine!

As for the shooter issue not always shooting balls; not sure about that; could be as simple as filthy ball tracks?

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Depends if this frame had the B1-f board.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Depends if this frame had the B1-f board.
    Sankyo doesn’t make junk like that shooter control board.

Exception being Battle of Vader failing “clicker” motors and failing capacitors on Lumina cells…

19. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. For some reason I thought I was in the Heiwa thread.
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe that the wire belongs on the left side of the plastic clip. This ties into the sensor up top under the ball tray being empty or not.

17088901558281217072355194994144.jpg

(Another upside down pic )

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also confirming that the Stellar 2000 frame has a constantly running motor down at the bottom. The assembly is reasonably complex with a lot of moving parts but it can be torn down, serviced and rebuilt like anything else.

That's what I did when I rebuilt my Fever Queen II - http://www.classicplastic.net/pachifever/pachinko-feverqueen.html

(if you want to see the broad strokes of a teardown of that frame, take a look at the above link)

It will still make noise - what you probably hear are the rollers being pushed by the cams and then returning as they're spring-loaded. There's also a gearbox that the motor drives that is more than likely filled with grease that has long broken down. Rebuilding it made a huge difference as every winning ball gets shoved around in and pushed through that module.

The rod that stops the motor is connected to a microswitch, I believe it's used to pause the mechanism so the machine can be given a shake by an attendant to clear a jam. Either way, you're not missing any parts.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 02-25-2024 at 08:37 PM.
    ALWAYS looking to buy a Heiwa CR Bunny Girl pachinko! Please PM me!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to InsaneDavid