Thread: Arcade Pachinko

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Arcade Pachinko

I picked up these two machines a few weeks ago. The seller was selling them as a set and wouldn't separate them. I was looking for just a Model A to convert into an arcade style machine. But, it was only $30 for the set and the center feature on the Model B was interesting and could use it on the Model A.

My plan is to buy the parts, I need, to convert the Model A into a Arcade Pachinko Machine. Similar to a computer pachinko machine. I'll need to get a couple of solenoids for the jackpot and opening the tulips, a arcade button to start the game and a digital counter to keep score, which I have a Gaku counter that will work.

I enjoy playing the computer/arcade style machines better than a regular Pachinko machine. The main reason is you don't have to mess with the balls. All the balls are contained in the machine and used just to play the game.

When friends are over and play the machines and I explain that when the shooter tray gets full you slide the knob and they empty into the lower tray and then you take those and put into a container and then you need to quit playing and empty that container into the hopper on the back of the machine.
    They are like "WHAT!", I just want to play.

With an arcade machine you press the button to start a game. The machine dumps a predetermined amount of balls into the shooter tray, 3 tulips open and the score is reset. There is a beginning and an end to the game, (unlike regular pachinko). Depending how well you play the machine. When you score a ball into a pay pocket/tulip you do win balls, to keep you playing, and scores 10 for each win. (pretty much just like any other arcade game, you would play).

I do have the Model A all stripped down, getting it cleaned up. I also removed the center feature from the Model B and took it apart and repainted it.
    I made a copy of the nail placement from the Model B playfield, so I could use it to make new nail holes in the Model A playfield. I drilled the new nail holes and plugged the old ones with toothpicks. (the green marked holes are the new ones and the red marked are the old ones). So, I will know which holes to punch when the new playfield is on.

arcade.jpg

arcade2.png

arcade3.png

arcade4.png arcade5.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo