Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: please post your arrangeball manufacturer plates here

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: please post your arrangeball manufacturer plates here

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    Thank you. If you get a chance can you please snap clear photos of these tags in the bottom left, and upper right?
    Attachment 105555
    Attachment 105556
    Sorry I cannot...pulled those from my files...no longer have that machine

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Adding: if your machine has a circuit board in it with ICs (integrated circuits) please post a nice photo of the board. ICs will be stamped with the the year+month of manufacture, so we'll know your machine is from at least that date or later.
    (early machines have boards with discrete logic chips that can kind of look like ICs, but they chips would be a collection of NAND gates or something similar. If you're unsure, post anyways)
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    willing to ship from anywhere.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello,

photos of my 1973 Fuji Arrangeball are in this thread

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...l=1#post394655

And a YouTube video is here
    https://youtu.be/uZ4rwJ77M4g?si=__Q0SzFqvCipkqjf

Sorry this is a bad pic, but It has a circular matrix on the front and interesting insides

IMG_2645.jpeg
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for posting, everyone. If anyone gets a chance, higher res photos will always be appreciated for future historian types.
    if anyone wants to see what I'm up to, here's a general timeline of arrangeballs that I've compiled so far... (WIP)
    http://thetastates.com/eremeka/ereme...7E+arrangeball
    WANTED: 10¥ candystore games, pre-1950s Japanese machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), 1948 Bally Heavy Hitter, Pickwick-style (~1905)

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

very cool website and i thought i had seen most arrangeball machines. there's some in my albums that are not on the website (satomi "san diego" and a 1982 satomi "robots" to name a couple). also the 1975 super miracle satomi is called "lion" as the machines had a large lion pocket that discharged a coin and blinked when hit. many of those machines had a smaller, standard pocket instead which i suspect was done by the operator to limit that payout. the cel art on that machine is a direct copy of the back glass from a williams 1971 "stardust" pinball machine. i'll try and find the pics but there's a couple of really cool satomi/taiyo machines that i've never seen in the states or on yja that i'd pick up if possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emmadog; 09-06-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    very cool website and i thought i had seen most arrangeball machines. there's some in my albums that are not on the website (satomi "san diego" and a 1982 satomi "robots" to name a couple). also the 1975 super miracle satomi is called "lion" as the machines had a large lion pocket that discharged a coin and blinked when hit. many of those machines had a smaller, standard pocket instead which i suspect was done by the operator to limit that payout. the cel art on that machine is a direct copy of the back glass from a williams 1971 "stardust" pinball machine. i'll try and find the pics but there's a couple of really cool satomi/taiyo machines that i've never seen in the states or on yja that i'd pick up if possible.
    Yeah I haven't finished processing all of the machines yet. My program is showing 87 machines for the arrangeball tag at the moment, but I have a much larger folder filled with machine images I've collected from around the web.
    Some notes on my process:
    - I started with the machines I have dates for. Press releases, magazine articles, advertisements in publications, dated photos, anything that gives me hard evidence that a machine existed in a certain year. Then I go for ones where I have the tax tag information to help situate the year.
    - then I focus on machines with the manufacturer tag and ones where I can get the proper name from them in some way
    - after that, it's a giant flood of machines that I don't yet have any corroborating info on, and/or the only pics I have are like 200-600 pixels. Thank goodness for modern phones and people beginning to upload 4000 pixel images to sites like these! Can't get much of any good info off the tinier photos.

I have that Satomi 'Lion' in my files, but I have to update the site. It will be there in there when I do the next update.
    While the rules refer to the center hole as "lion", that is not a name given anywhere on the machine, and I couldn't find that name in use in any of the press releases or advertisements. So for that one, I'm using this name: Miracle Super Arrange Ball [lion] - ミラクルスーパー アレンジボール AM-2 by さとみ (Satomi)
    The Satomi machines having their model #s on the maker tags is super useful. I am still marking it as "[lion]" to distinguish it, but I have it in those square brackets since it's not part of the official name AFAIK.

thanks for all of your help! I'll post the link again when I update the site and we're listing over 100 there.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i figured you hadn't gotten thru all the machines yet. this reminds me of when i was really into arrangeball machines and scouring the web looking for any data regarding dates, nomenclature, etc. very interesting but also frustrating at the lack of info available. i dug out my "lion" machine and you're right, the only place that word is mentiones is on the instruction decal so it's most likely not the official name.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The listing is now sitting at 102 machines http://thetastates.com/eremeka/ereme...eball&company=
    I haven't been working on this much over the past week, work + life have been hectic, but I still have a bunch to process and add to the list.
    Emmadog has agreed to retake a bunch of photos for me and I'm grateful for that.
    I'll eventually put together a list of all of the model #s and type approval numbers I collect in a spreadsheet form too.

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

gonna be maybe next week before i get those pics for you. suddenly got busy with travel and other projects.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2