Hello,
I recently got a 2001 Bellco Regal slot machine, Model 2, 7L, but came without a door key, but did come with the reset key. I have been able to open it, reaching through the bottom and unlatching it, then drilled a round hole near the lower latch to access the latch when needed. It works just fine this way, but I have a question: I have been doing some reading about the lock/latch mechanism, and if you have the cabinet key, you can use it by turning it to the left to perform a "soft reset" to reset error codes and such without having to open the cabinet and do a hard reset. My question is, by doing a soft reset, will it also reset the machine after a jackpot? Right now, when we play and get a jackpot, we have to open it up and do a hard reset, which is okay, but we lose our built up credits and scores when we do a hard reset. Would a soft reset after a jackpot retain scores and credits, or would we lose them just like with a hard reset? If doing a soft reset with the key would reset the machine but retain the scores, I would like to try and find a key for it, if it won't, I guess the key is not really beneficial.
If the key is useful for other than unlocking the door, does anybody know where I might find one? I have talked to 3 local locksmiths, and one of them works on gaming machines a lot, taking the lock all over town, and have also asked someone online whose sells slot locks and keys, and all of them say I'll never find one.
Personally, I find that hard to believe that ALL the Bellco Regal keys have vanished from existence, I mean the machine is only 22 years old, and eBay looks like they have a lot of Pachislo keys for sale, my problem I that I don't which one might work. There are no numbers on the lock or latch, and the lock is riveted to the latch. So I can't just go get a new lock and key.
I have numerous pictures of the lock if anyone would care to see it. Anyway, any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Youk