Thread: Tokio Premium WTB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Tokio Premium WTB

Anyone in the US have a Tokio Premium they want to sell? Probably going to be ordering from JT Comatz in Taiwan soon but I’m really nervous how dirty a machine this age will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Tokio Premium WTB

Quote Originally Posted by BGTsoccer1 View Post
    Anyone in the US have a Tokio Premium they want to sell? Probably going to be ordering from over seas soon but I’m really nervous how dirty a machine this age will be.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi. I have one. I purchased it from JT Comatz. The glass is smokey/dirty but the machine itself is clean. I was told by Comatz that there is nothing they could do about smokey glass. I was told that I could send the machine back on my dime to receive a refund of the purchase price. The shipping was as much as the machine. Spending more to ship it back was crazy. My advice is to think carefully. It is a wonderful machine, but the smoke and tar trapped between the panes of glass really made me unhappy. Let me know if you should have any questions.

Ahab out . . .

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ahab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Hi. I have one. I purchased it from JT Comatz. The glass is smokey/dirty but the machine itself is clean. I was told by Comatz that there is nothing they could do about smokey glass. I was told that I could send the machine back on my dime to receive a refund of the purchase price. The shipping was as much as the machine. Spending more to ship it back was crazy. My advice is to think carefully. It is a wonderful machine, but the smoke and tar trapped between the panes of glass really made me unhappy. Let me know if you should have any questions.

Ahab out . . .
    Any chance you could share any pictures? That’s disappointing for sure. Did you ever find any way to get the glass any cleaner than when it arrived?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahab out . . .
    Did the machine have an odor like sample and tar? We don’t smoke so that smell would probably be a deal breaker for me if it’s very noticeable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No odor. The smoke residue is between the panes of glass in a sealed framed assembly. I could shatter out the glass and take it to a glass shop to have it replaced, in theory. The custom curves might be hard to replicate and thickness is important. I have been looking for a glass shop to take the job.

As for photos, I have posted several to this site in the past.

As for Randy, Randy is awesome and will do anything he can to make things right.

Other people have gotten lucky with this machine. I wanted you to know that I did not with this machine in particular.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Ahab

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No glass shop here in Monterey ,California will even touch the double glass in plastic frame .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

10. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Tokio Premium WTB

No odor. The smoke residue is between the panes of glass in a sealed framed assembly. I could shatter out the glass and take it to a glass shop to have it replaced, in theory. The custom curves might be hard to replicate and thickness is important. I have been looking for a glass shop to take the job.

As for photos, I have posted several to this site in the past.

As for Randy, Randy is awesome and will do anything he can to make things right.

Other people have gotten lucky with this machine. I wanted you to know that I did not with this machine in particular.
    I used to have a Sankyo Road Construction in the Victory frame with that issue, grime between the glass layers; heavy smoke damage too, got fed up with it and just broke the outer glass layer; it then cleaned up crystal clear and much improved since could finally Windex the glass causing issues. I know I’m not gonna be cheating with magnets so really there is no need for 2 glass panes for home use pachinkos. But it’s against all instincts to intentionally break a pachinko… but sometimes just gotta do what you gotta do!

Some newer frames you can get new glass panes for; I had to get new glass for a Sankyo Fortune ($80) after I accidentally cracked the inner pane cell swapping Lady Gaga into a non-Lady Gaga specific Fortune frame.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs