Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Balls Go Into The Launch Area

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Too Many Balls Go Into The Launch Area

I have have a machine that's from the 1960's or earlier. Its a Ginza. I don't know what model it is because all the writing on the machine is unreadible for one reason or another(Mostly because its in Japanese). My father was in the navy during the Vietnam war and he brought it home with him.

The problem I'm having is more than one ball is being loaded into the launch area. I used to play with the machine when I was a kid and it didn't have this problem. Nothing is wrong with the launcher. Nothing seems to be bent or broken. The only thing I can figure is that something is missing. But it doesn't look like anything is missing. I'm very good at fixing mechanical things, but this has me stumped. Part of the reason I'm stumped is because I don't know what the mechanics look like when everything is working. Knowing that would really help me.

I posted some pics to help you, and I have a couple questions.

1: In picture 5, you can see a round brownish rubber thing on the end of the arm. That's what makes me think something is missing. If that is some kind of bumper, then something is missing because there's nothing for the bumper to impact. Could that actually be for balance? I don't see how it could be since the arm must weigh alot more than it does.

2: In picture 4, you see the very end of the track bent down(towards the bottom of the picture). Is it supposed to be straight? Since the rest of the track has a trail of dirt or whatever from the balls going down the middle of it while the part that's bent down doesn't have the dirt trail, I'm guessing the end of the track is supposed to be bent down. I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your help.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Heat84

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Too Many Balls Go Into The Launch Area

Those photos are Scary !!
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first things first..

Welcome to Pachitalk

second.. i apperciate close up pics.. its amazing how people will take pictures from accross the room and then expect an evaluation of what is pictured..

can you put it back together and post a whole pic of the front of the machine.. (it looks to be a converted single shot but the sides of the machine are not showing)

then can you take a few pics from a bit further away.. need some context to see how things may have been modified to change it to a multi shot machine.. Modified macines like yours are not common.. sometimes hard to understand how things were changed..

in short

More pictures.. lots more.. just not so close..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No, its not a converted machine. The only modifications my dad made (back in the 90's) was painting it, cleaning the metal, and he started to fix the electrical system but never finished(yet).

I figured out the problem but not how to fix it. In picture 7 you see the blue rubberband under the ball valve arm. That doesn't fix the problem but it tells me what the problem is. The rubberband causes the ball valve to be out of position the other way so no balls get through. If I had a rubberband with the right elasticity, that would probably actually work. But I'd rather fix it properly.

Something else that I noticed that I didn't see before (in picture 8) is a piece of metal mounted on the wood next to the arm right above the blue rubber band. It looks like a spring with part of it broken off. This is the problem. Could somebody please get me a picture or footage of what the mechanism looks like when the missing part of the spring is there? That would REALLY help me.

I took another picture of the machine.
    I think its what you wanted.

On more questuon:

In the picture of the michine, you see a white
    lever on the right side of it. Below that is a round hole with a shiny piece of metal inside. What is that for?

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Heat84

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bueller?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bueller?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Conversion machine refers to it began its life as single shot and than was modified in Japan to have a auto load
    the whole metal part of front was added and some of those parts do not look original

the way it should work would be the act of firing a ball with flipper would add the next ball to be shot

post a picture of the back for us and a few of the whole front mechanism.. would give us a better understanding of what someone was trying to do
    DON'T FEED THE

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    The way it should work would be the act of firing a ball with flipper would add the next ball to be shot
    That's how it did work when it was working. You would put a whole bunch of them in the top tray and they would slide down the track to the gate/valve which would let through one ball at a time on every shot.
    Could you post a picture of what an unmodified version of this machine looks like? All the machines I've seen pictures of pretty much look like mine. Although I did see this one: https://external-content.duckduckgo....4e1&ipo=images I guess the parlor that this machine was in sent the balls to the machine instead of giving them to the player?

I'll get the pictures you requested. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm if it was working it should be a easy fix
    I don’t have that particular model but they all function similar
    It may be the add a ball mech is stuck open or something else is keeping it open
    Get some more pics of the front mech and a clear pic of the whole back
    here is mech as example.. the bar moves up and down letting the next ball be added IMG_7686.jpegIMG_7688.jpegIMG_7687.jpeg
    DON'T FEED THE

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Heat84 View Post
    Could you post a picture of what an unmodified version of this machine looks like? All the machines I've seen pictures of pretty much look like mine. Although I did see this one: https://external-content.duckduckgo....4e1&ipo=images I guess the parlor that this machine was in sent the balls to the machine instead of giving them to the player?
    The picture you linked to is a standard unmodified single shot pachinko!! Load balls one at a time on the right, balls payed out in the lower (only) tray!!

th-1450626078.jpg

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    The picture you linked to is a standard unmodified single shot pachinko!! Load balls one at a time on the right, balls payed out in the lower (only) tray!!

th-1450626078.jpg
    You mean into that hole below the white plastic lever? I was wondering what that was for.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You mean into that hole below the white plastic lever? I was wondering what that was for.
    Yes!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

18.jpg15.jpg16.jpg16.jpg17.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Hmm if it was working it should be a easy fix
    I don’t have that particular model but they all function similar
    It may be the add a ball mech is stuck open or something else is keeping it open
    Get some more pics of the front mech and a clear pic of the whole back
    here is mech as example.. the bar moves up and down letting the next ball be added IMG_7686.jpegIMG_7688.jpegIMG_7687.jpeg
    I already know what the problem is as I explained above:
    Something else that I noticed that I didn't see before (in picture 8) is a piece of metal mounted on the wood next to the arm right above the blue rubber band. It looks like a spring with part of it broken off. This is the problem. Could somebody please get me a picture or footage of what the mechanism looks like when the missing part of the spring is there? That would REALLY help me.
    I added that rubber band to try to fix the problem, its not part the mechanism.

What's in those pictures looks like the mechanism for the gate that stops the balls going down the track when the window/door is open. Thats what the blue plastic part in one of my pictures is from, and has
    nothing to do with the problem.

Here's the pictures of the back of the machine you requested(9 here + 1 more in the next post):

10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg
    Last edited by Heat84; 05-29-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1 more picture
    19.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

close up pics re great and needed but sometimes there to close..

please post a few pics of the area where the rubber band is, then zoom in for detail.. (your current pic im not even sure which way is up..)

please and thank you..

No, its not a converted machine. The only modifications my dad made (back in the 90's) was painting it, cleaning the metal, and he started to fix the electrical system but never finished(yet).

I figured out the problem but not how to fix it. In picture 7 you see the blue rubberband under the ball valve arm. That doesn't fix the problem but it tells me what the problem is. The rubberband causes the ball valve to be out of position the other way so no balls get through. If I had a rubberband with the right elasticity, that would probably actually work. But I'd rather fix it properly.

I took another picture of the machine.
    I think its what you wanted.

On more questuon:

In the picture of the michine, you see a white
    lever on the right side of it. Below that is a round hole with a shiny piece of metal inside. What is that for?

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here you go:

sp2.jpg sp1.jpg 22.jpg
    Last edited by MrGneiss; 06-29-2023 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Rotated pics!!

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Heat84

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you post a pic of the back side of the tray where the balls load from..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    can you post a pic of the back side of the tray where the balls load from..
    That has nothing to do with the problem. What you see in the picture is a gate mechanism that drops a gate when the window is opened so the balls don't roll out of the tray while the window is open. And there's nothing wrong with that mechanism. I'll post a picture anyway. I'll also post another that shows clearly what the problem is(a broken spring).

More than anything, I need a picture of the spring when its not broken. I can probably rig something. I'm not expecting to get a replacement part anyway.

22.jpg23.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it seems like your missing parts..

in your first post of this thread you have pics of trans and ball paths pc's.. can you post new pics of those parts.. not so close up

Thanks
    Thanks Received

trans and ball paths pc's
    What does this mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast