Thread: What signals are best for home use on a data counter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What signals are best for home use on a data counter

I recently got a new pachinko machine (Daiichi, Pirates of Dynamite King), and grabbed a data counter to go with it. The data counter appears to have 3 main connectors (two sets of them with different connectors as well as a ribbon cable without connectors connected to one end of the set of connectors) and those signals of which I have connected the Jackpot wire to the black terminals (which appears to give a signal any time a ball enters the mechanism where if a ball goes through the center there is a chance the machine goes into a winning mode). The other wires I connected to the grey and pink terminals (not sure what they do, haven't won anything yet since I installed the counter).

That said, counting how many times a ball enters the chance mechanism doesn't seem like it's the most useful thing to keep track of. Personally I'd like "balls played" to be the large number visible, with other numbers being "balls won" and "bonus mode activated" or something like that be the more useful numbers.

My data counter has 5 inputs and 5 outputs and a cable I'm not sure what it does (translate failed me on the image). Are there any additional values beyond the 3 common ones that I might be able to display on the counter?

For those who have installed data counters: What signals/counts do you display on yours?

Does anyone have any recommendations on what would be the best signals to use? I do not have a manual for the machine or counter but I'll happily experiment.

For reference, I've included pictures of the terminals on the machine and the wires of the data counter in case anyone has more information (that isn't already in the stickied thread).

Daiichi - P Pirates of Dynamite King connectors.jpgCounter.jpgCounter - Connections set 1.jpgCounter - Connections set 2.jpgCounter - Connections set 2 cable.jpgCounter - Inputs (5).jpgCounter - Outputs (5).jpgCounter - Unknown.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Atoombolle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What signals are best for home use on a data counter

A few more observations at this time:

I've verified the following terminals on my pachinko machine:
    PC 1: White: Counts every 10 balls that are paid out
    PC 2: Green: Counts every time the door opens
    PC 4: Yellow: Counts every time the ball drops through the red hole in the rotating feature, triggering a potential bonus (so far no bonus actually started)
    PC 5: Black: Counts every time the ball drops into the rotation feature (if going into the red hole after that, triggers PC 4)
    PC 6: Pink: Counts when the figure does its potential bonus animation and fails (horn sounds at the end of the animation). Not sure if it triggers when the bonus actually activates at this time.

On the counter side of things:
    - Of the two sets of wires that list the main connections (Jackpot, Start and whatever is translated to 'Stochastic variation', which I suppose means 'chance' here) only the set with the black connectors triggers anything on the counter.
    - The Jackpot line increases the large red number and resets the green number.
    - The Start line increases the green number.
    - I can't for the life of me figure out what the 'chance' line does. I haven't really noticed anything whenever I trigger the line through playing (tried tying it to PC 5).
    - The lines marked for "inputs" are terminated into female connectors, while the outputs are male. The lines coming from the pachinko into the connectors for the inputs to the Jackpot, Start and Chance are also female, while the counter side for those is male. This has me wondering if these are "inputs" for the counter or if they are inputs for the pachinko and the lines marked as "outputs" on the counter are actually inputs to the counter. I do not know and I'm not sure I want to plug those lines into the terminals on the pachinko side to try at this time. Anyone know?

There are several more numbers on the counter, which I'm sure can be triggered somehow. I haven't found out how yet though.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

try this

http://www.daiichi.net/pdf/d777/w112.pdf

but basically
    Start on the counter to 3
    Jackpot to 6
    High probability (probably chance) to 8. This is only active in combination with Jackpot

its a good idea to save the page on your computer as sometimes Daiichi make it really hard to get back and change/delete the links.

Counters also have outputs for the same as they can go to top lights. or other asile lights. in addition. They can be networked together.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "Chance" wire, after triggering it with the door switch changes the light show that's occurring. So not the most useful thing, but at least now I know what it does.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    try this

http://www.daiichi.net/pdf/d777/w112.pdf

but basically
    Start on the counter to 3
    Jackpot to 6
    High probability (probably chance) to 8. This is only active in combination with Jackpot

its a good idea to save the page on your computer as sometimes Daiichi make it really hard to get back and change/delete the links.

Counters also have outputs for the same as they can go to top lights. or other asile lights. in addition. They can be networked together.
    Thank you. I've saved a copy and printed one. Ran it through the translator too, and it looks like the wiring of the counter matches nicely as well. I just need to find orange and black now and see if that works with PT9.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

says post (plus kanji) which I suck at reading
    Its an asahi one counter. so its probably for one of these.

https://youtu.be/VBq94eO8FQw
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you.

I did test the inputs:
    Input 1: Lights blink green and yellow if active. When inactive blink red and put the counter in some kind of alarm mode it seems as it doesn't stop.
    Input 2: Blinking red like a kind of alarm mode that can't be disabled.
    Input 3: Top bar blinks green, sides blink red.
    Input 4: Top bar blinks blue, sides blink red.
    Input 5: Top bar blinks white, sides blink red.
    B(infinity symbol)LEX: Top bar cycles red and white, sides light up blue.

Haven't found any other wires that result into other values incrementing so I'm at a loss how to integrate a winnings count into it. Not sure what the orange values are but there do not appear to be any inputs that affect them. It's a nice light show on top of the machine, but I was hoping for more numbers to show.
    Last edited by Atoombolle; 03-24-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

None of the graph functions will give much results yet as it tracks results in the 100s rather than singles.

The Start tracks reel spins rather than start pocket hits. When you get a jackpot. The jackpot and high probability mode (probably chance) close. This gives the fancy light show. Then at the end of the 7/15 round jackpot the jackpot signal goes open. Bit the high probability mode stays closed. The start counter starts again. If during the high probability mode you get another jackpot. That signal is restored and the counter will reset the start counter and add one to the consecutive jackpot counter. This cycle keeps repeating until the high probability mode runs out without another jackpot. Then this signal goes open again. Give that a try. Also it's a bit dull. But before try and give a couple of hundred start pulses before triggering the jackpot and chance signals.

The 2 other inputs/outputs are probably configurable. If you have a remote and instruction manual.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My observations mostly match what you've found.

From what I can tell, the big number tracks the number of big hits on a machine. I can see how this would be beneficial in a parlour where the owners want to build excitement and show the payouts for the day.
    As a stats junky, I love tracking all sorts of details. I've used a zero delay joystick encoder to hook my pachinko up to my computer. Getting the counts is fairly easy. From there, it's just a matter of counting pulses for each output and then dumping them into a spreadsheet to get the data.

I've been trying to learn how to convert these stats into an overlay I can use while streaming on Twitch. I think this is the kind of data viewers would want to see if someone were to stream pachinko online. So far, I've been able to figure out how to get a single stat showing on screen using OBS. I'll admit to being kind of stalled at the moment as I'm not sure what my current hurdle is or next steps.

Glad to see there's someone else interested in tracking numbers and seeing how game play goes over time.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stats are always nice to see. And since the data counter doesn't keep track of enough stats for my taste, I may have to look into a joystick encoder as well. Writing an app to display data should be simple enough. I don't know about Twitch, but a plain app should be doable. I suppose there's a reason the data counter I got was nice and cheap. I see more of them for 1000 yen each still, and while it looks really good, it's rather basic. I'll do some research on the next step up, the Taro counters. .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is my first ever attempt at writing an app.
    Been looking at lots of tutorials and figuring the best way to read the inputs.
    The inputs have been the easiest for me.
    Now my challenge is to figure out how to make multiple transparent overlays for each value I want to track.
    OBS has an input for a single counter that I've figured out how to use for just one. But really? Who wants to track just one stat?

Digging around in Yahoo Japan, I've discovered there is a wide range of battle counters available covering everywhere from $50 up to $750 (and this doesn't cover shipping). Not one of them I've found is in English so I figure building my own is the way to go.

Now I just need to follow through on the project.

I'm sure I'll do it...

eventually...

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Reviving my thread... Trying to set up my data counter with the Umaibo pachinko instead breaks things again.

I've tried the same setup as with Pirates of Dynamite King above (grey/pink/red) but that doesn't work right. Red (8) triggers whenever a ball goes into the pocket that results in a chance to hit the red pocket that starts the actual win chance on the display. Given that it's a useless statistic just like it is on Pirates, that tells me I shouldn't use it. Not sure what triggers grey or pink, but any time a win chance occurs on the display both the chance counter and the big win counter increase, so that combination seems incorrect.

I did try to cheat and put a ball into directly into the red pocket to start a chance, but that resulted in a loud alarm as connectors 9 and 10 triggered briefly.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to try for that one?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PachiPins150.jpg
    This is the page from the service manual for my pachinko machine. It has the exact same interface for the the pins that you show in your very first picture.
    Using Google Lens to translate, the values I show are as follow.
    1) Prize Ball
    2) Door frame open
    3) Confirmed number of times
    4) Starting Port
    5) Jackpot 1
    6) Jackpot 2
    7) Jackpot 3
    8) Jackpot 4
    9) Main prize ball
    10) Security
    11) Out

Hope this helps

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it's similar for all of them. Just need to find the right combination of three signals to use.

Since on my fraudulent chance pocket I triggered both 9 and 10 I'm thinking that I'll need to connect something to 9, probably the Chance wire. And start with trying 3, 5 and 9. I'll do that tomorrow when I won't wake up the family playing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

3, 5, 9 seems to work so far. I haven't had a bonus, but at least the smaller number now counts and there's some light effects when a bonus chance starts. So that's 2 out of 3 working. Now I have to actually win to verify the last function.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One thing I did while learning my game, is to just take out the glass and then feed the balls directly to whatever I wanted to score points.
    I haven't seen any games yet that have sensors to confirm whether or not the glass is in there.
    Might be something to look into while plugging away and figuring out exactly what you get from each counter.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by UncleToyBox View Post
    One thing I did while learning my game, is to just take out the glass and then feed the balls directly to whatever I wanted to score points.
    I haven't seen any games yet that have sensors to confirm whether or not the glass is in there.
    Might be something to look into while plugging away and figuring out exactly what you get from each counter.

Yep thats the way I test a new machine when I get it too. Normally till I hit a jackpot and can also make sure the trapdoor works, counter sensor in trap down. and the high probablity tulip if has one.
    Ian #UKPachinko

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam