Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: 1950's Nishijin Machine

  1. #1
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Just purchased this 1950's Nishijin Pachinko Machine:

    Front 1950.JPG
    Stamp1.jpg
    Stamp2.jpg

    Nishijin.jpg

    Back 1950.jpg

    Needs work, but I got it working enough to see that it's all there. The playing field needs to be replaced. Cracks are forming on it.

    Any information about this machine would be appreciated.

    Paul

  2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to PaulMal


  3. #2
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,798
    Thanks
    1,273
    Thanks Received
    3,393

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMal View Post
    Just purchased this 1950's Nishijin Pachinko Machine:

    Front 1950.JPG
    Stamp1.jpg
    Stamp2.jpg

    Nishijin.jpg

    Back 1950.jpg

    Needs work, but I got it working enough to see that it's all there. The playing field needs to be replaced. Cracks are forming on it.

    Any information about this machine would be appreciated.

    Paul
    I have a 1957 Misono, with the same rear mechanics; and quite similar overall. So Iíd estimate late 50s? Nice find! It would look amazing with a fresh colorful playfield and polished nails!


  4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  5. #3
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Can you post a photo of the back?

    Paul

  6. #4
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,798
    Thanks
    1,273
    Thanks Received
    3,393

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMal View Post
    Can you post a photo of the back?

    Paul
    Mine has a some surface rust on the rear, but it works like clockwork!

    As you can see, the previous owner attached some hinges to wall mount it thatís blocking the complete view. Itís got some clear plastic for the rear ball channels. Itís complete though!

    I was once considering restoring it; but decided itís only original once, and the playfield is really nice already somehow! Iíll save my restoration work for rougher looking 70s models!



  7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  8. #5
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine


  9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PaulMal


  10. #6
    Sandwich Shooter ebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    694
    Thanks Received
    688

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    I have a few oldies they all kinda work the same
    you found nice machines
    not sure these pics help but yours looks complete 2A3D426C-AAC9-4C23-88D9-826869F8C886.jpg242DA27B-E276-4220-9645-DC1D409F3F7B.jpg
    DON'T FEED THE

  11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ebb


  12. #7
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,798
    Thanks
    1,273
    Thanks Received
    3,393

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    For whatís itís worth; mine has the same SunCell patent number for the playfield; too bad Nishijin seemed to have cheaped out on lower quality paper playfields in later 60s-70s models that are more prone to color fading, yellowing, and water stains!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

    ebb

  14. #8
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Cleaned up the front a little bit. You can see the damage to the playing Field:

    Front Clean.jpg

    The center attraction says "Everest" on it:

    Center Attraction.jpg

    Which I did find this post that looks like the same model (unfortunately, the photos are really poor):

    https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...-for-some-info

    Also, the nails can be pulled out by hand.

    Paul

  15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PaulMal


  16. #9
    Kungishi lotsoballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    1,798
    Thanks
    1,273
    Thanks Received
    3,393

    Default 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMal View Post
    Cleaned up the front a little bit. You can see the damage to the playing Field:

    Front Clean.jpg

    The center attraction says "Everest" on it:

    Center Attraction.jpg

    Which I did find this post that looks like the same model (unfortunately, the photos are really poor):

    https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...-for-some-info

    Also, the nails can be pulled out by hand.

    Paul
    Looks a lot better cleaned up! Did you get the payouts working on it yet?

  17. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs


  18. #10
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    I got the payout working before I bought it. I wonder if the previous owner ever had the payout working. Everything was in the maintenance position and he seemed amazed when I was getting it going. He said his grandfather bought it in Japan in the 1950s.

    Paul

  19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PaulMal


  20. #11
    Sandwich Shooter ebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    694
    Thanks Received
    688

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMal View Post
    I got the payout working before I bought it. I wonder if the previous owner ever had the payout working. Everything was in the maintenance position and he seemed amazed when I was getting it going. He said his grandfather bought it in Japan in the 1950s.

    Paul
    if you don’t clear the Jam you can’t have biscuits
    DON'T FEED THE

  21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ebb


  22. #12
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Here's a video of the machine paying out:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8R...ew?usp=sharing

    Paul

  23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PaulMal


  24. #13
    Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Monterey , Ca
    Posts
    18,937
    Thanks
    23,305
    Thanks Received
    11,040

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    I can't see the video because Google is being a turd and wants me to sign in before I can watch the video so . . . . No Sale !
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

  25. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57


  26. #14
    Eye Shooter sparky kilowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach CA
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    799
    Thanks Received
    373

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    I can't see the video because Google is being a turd and wants me to sign in before I can watch the video so . . . . No Sale !
    I had to go to the page 2x, took forever to load, but it finally played for me without logging in.

  27. The following user says "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt


  28. #15
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Here's the money shot (video):

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Z3...ew?usp=sharing

    And a video of the mechanism when two or more (haha! That once in a lifetime event) balls enter the payout mechanism:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Z3...ew?usp=sharing

    It pays out if the ball is released. Not sure how somebody in a pachinko parlor would get that payout. Sit there and complain until an attendant would do it?

    The machine pays out 15 balls at a time.

    Paul
    Last edited by PaulMal; 03-17-2023 at 11:01 AM.

  29. The following user says "Thanks" to PaulMal


  30. #16
    Eye Shooter sparky kilowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach CA
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    799
    Thanks Received
    373

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMal View Post
    Here's the money shot (video):

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Z3...ew?usp=sharing

    And a video of the mechanism when two or more (haha! That once in a lifetime event) balls enter the payout mechanism:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Z3...ew?usp=sharing

    It pays out if the ball is released. Not sure how somebody in a pachinko parlor would get that payout. Sit there and complain until an attendant would do it?

    The machine pays out 15 balls at a time.

    Paul
    Very cool mechanism being all metal. I think you posted the same payout video twice, I wasn't able to see the "once in a lifetime event" and I'm feeling cheated. LOL!

  31. #17
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Yeah, I know there is a double post of the same video. I the copied the link for the second video, and pasted into my post. It pasted the same link as the above one. Stupid Google.

    Google is having some problems. It says that "the video is still processing". Search online may take up to a few days. Stupid Google.

    I'll fix it when Google Drive says it's available.

    Paul

  32. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PaulMal


  33. #18
    Tokie Owens PaulMal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Brighton, CO
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    18
    Thanks Received
    60

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Seems like you can download them and watch them.

    Here's the link to the video of the mechanism when two or more balls enter the payout mechanism:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7x...usp=share_link

    Paul

    Edit: Seems to be the right video. The comment of once in a lifetime event is that it seems like hitting one payout is a longshot, getting two at the same time is nearly impossible.
    Last edited by PaulMal; 03-17-2023 at 12:27 PM.

  34. The following user says "Thanks" to PaulMal


  35. #19
    Eye Shooter sparky kilowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach CA
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    799
    Thanks Received
    373

    Default Re: 1950's Nishijin Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMal View Post
    Seems like you can download them and watch them.

    Here's the link to the video of the mechanism when two or more balls enter the payout mechanism:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7x...usp=share_link

    Paul

    Edit: Seems to be the right video. The comment of once in a lifetime event is that it seems like hitting one payout is a longshot, getting two at the same time is nearly impossible.
    Video works now, it let me download it, very cool, thanks for taking the time to post & re-post. A machine that rare & old I'd probably never see in my lifetime, so I'm with you, "once in a lifetime" for me to see it.

  36. The following user says "Thanks" to sparky kilowatt


Similar Threads

  1. Info on 1950's vintage Nishijin?
    By RickV in forum Vintage Pachinko
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 06:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 05:01 PM
  3. Restoration Challenge: 1950ís Nishijin Single Shot
    By JACKSJE4 in forum Vintage Pachinko
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM
  4. Pachinko Machine- Nishijin Single Ball- 1950's - Nice!
    By Sid in forum eBay - General Auction listings
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 03:58 AM
  5. Nishijin pachinko machine model a "sophia" late 1950's
    By Sid in forum Pachinko Listings / Ebay RSS feed
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •