Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logi

All kidding aside, I hope you get it working and get some satisfaction out of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logi

Those are just scales. I like the idea of something that can count thousands of balls accurately and quickly. I can see the challenge because those gates output what's essentially an analog signal rather than a straightforward on/off state.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I have scales, That is not the issue

lets take the case where some one has Balls that are 11mm and or 7/16" they have different weights the scale does not account for that and the over all count is off, like wise engraved or plain balls even have minor differences in weight so using the tare method to weigh a few and apply that over many can have inaccuracies. while it is okay for the most part at home, Keep in mind I am OCD'ing over accuracy.

Not sure why you are trying to talk me out of this, I'm sure i have reviewed most of these things already and still feel compelled to continue with the correct and accurate method of counting pachinko balls with out making assumptions as to the weight of the item being counted. Tare measurements work and mostly work well just not what my project is about and I do not wish to debate what other feel is the "Best" way to count balls. after all this is my project and my desire to do it this way, I am just looking for specific assistance on the buffering of the chosen pachinko ball sensor to a standardized SBC like the Arduino. (you did say in your first post you would be unable to help on that topic)

Thanks for your feed back..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by UncleToyBox View Post
    Those are just scales. I like the idea of something that can count thousands of balls accurately and quickly. I can see the challenge because those gates output what's essentially an analog signal rather than a straightforward on/off state.

Ya that is the problem.. I know there are more than a few ways to do it i just have been away from analog electronics for too long. not really like riding a bike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rockston View Post
    All kidding aside, I hope you get it working and get some satisfaction out of it.

Thank you.. I'm sure when you started the ball lifter, folks were like way are you doing that plastic gears will never work. they already have ball lifter just go buy one...

but you pressed on and have a very nice product. that works just as you intended..

The problem with intelligent people is we get blinders on some times and do not understand what/why other are doing...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by HalfastII View Post
    Thank you.. I'm sure when you started the ball lifter, folks were like way are you doing that plastic gears will never work. they already have ball lifter just go buy one...

but you pressed on and have a very nice product. that works just as you intended..

The problem with intelligent people is we get blinders on some times and do not understand what/why other are doing...

Actually no one ever once discouraged me and I am not trying to discourage you. Go for it!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just curious why do you need to count balls going into the top hopper? Doesn’t seem like a useful metric to me.

Or is there some other end goal besides ball counting?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to count balls shot vs paid out? (Like the Gaku Pachicounter does?) It uses magenetic sensors. Because that’s what determines if you are “winning” or not in a real parlor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is a stand alone ball counter. Not for counting balls passing through the machine.

I have a hopper on my machine that can hold about 4000 balls and a ball lifter so I have no issues with ball volume on my machine..

If I ever get my room cleaned enough the goal will bee a musty machine feeder system but this is not that

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logic

It is a stand alone ball counter. Not for counting balls passing through the machine.

I have a hopper on my machine that can hold about 4000 balls and a ball lifter so I have no issues with ball volume on my machine..

If I ever get my room cleaned enough the goal will bee a musty machine feeder system but this is not that

If that’s the case can always try to find a simple mechanical counter; they pop up on yahoo auctions cheap; would just need a way to funnel all balls to it. I’ve got one on my model A recycler it’s actually made to have a counter. Works like a champ!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have looked at those i have a few diffrent ways to count single file.. i have a very nice looking method big print job and very eleaborate (red into that over kill) but its slow as sin

the hopper i show will dump 1000 balls in about 11 seconds

I will post some more video and such later tonight

Thanks
    Thanks Received

制御基板のみ「楽天ラクマ」にて販売を開始しました。ZENMARKET、doorzo、Neokyo、FROM JAPAN、Buyee等の購入代行サービスを利用してご購入ください。制御基板 ジェットカウンターもどきのパチンコ玉計数機V2https://item.fril.jp/ba20c4516746fa1104de31bd27e49a0aOnly the control board has been sold at "Rakuten Rakuma". Please purchase using a proxy service such as ZENMARKET, doorzo, Neokyo, FROM JAPAN, Buyee, etc.Control board Jet counter-like pachinko ball counting machine V2https://item.fril.jp/ba20c4516746fa1104de31bd27e49a0a

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, that was interesting.. my first time buying by proxies, I guess we will see what happens..

Bought a board and a didplay..

Fingers crossed that it does not take 3 months to get here...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

BTW. The 2 parlour ball counters I have owned. Do use the multichannel slots/ramps to count. But use an offset IR beam to count the balls. Yes. Rather than making one. I took the easy/expensive way and just brought one. It does have a printer attached so I get a final printout of how many balls.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    BTW. The 2 parlour ball counters I have owned. Do use the multichannel slots/ramps to count. But use an offset IR beam to count the balls. Yes. Rather than making one. I took the easy/expensive way and just brought one. It does have a printer attached so I get a final printout of how many balls.
    Ya I tried ir sensors but never could get the software to not miss count.. even working with a single stream it was always iffy..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is that using a beam to reflect off the ball has built in problem to solve. The spherical shape of the ball acts like a convex lens and spreads the beam out diminishing the resolution. One solution may be to reflectively sense the ball as it passes through a narrow slit or opening to reduce the scatter. They may also be using a special lens in one or both of the sensors. How exactly are the sensors successfully configured in your counter Drunkenclam?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Compirate gave me one of those a long time ago; mine didn’t work though; and it was huge and bulky, probably weighed 75lbs Too big for home use in my opinion when it took up more room than an entire pachinko.

Seems like the fastest, easiest, most economical way to do it would just be buy a nice, high quality postage digital scale (with 25+ Lb capacity) and weigh the balls? Since we know how much a pachinko ball weighs.

That’s the way they do it at the only US parlor Pachinko World; I suppose it might be off by a ball or two maybe but still a reasonable margin of error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you know there is a version of the sensors designed to work in 5v circuits?
    https://www.sensatec.co.jp/e/product...product_id=490

These might be better for your project than the 12v sensors you already have.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes, i do i actually spent 3 weeks getting a quote from their LA office and it was cost prohibitive. they had originally a 10,000 unit min. but after conversation i was able to talk them into a engineering sample of 20 for only $15 a sensor.,

i got the TL-PP705's from Karen for $1 each and $1 shipping so $2 bucks each..

i have ordered the control board and will see how they process it looking at the parts count on the board im sure its much simplet than im thinking it.

also like i said about the scale it only works if all of your balls are official size and wieght , there are alot of folks that have bought the 7/16 inch balls that do not weigh 5.5 grams

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logic

yes, i do i actually spent 3 weeks getting a quote from their LA office and it was cost prohibitive. they had originally a 10,000 unit min. but after conversation i was able to talk them into a engineering sample of 20 for only $15 a sensor.,

i got the TL-PP705's from Karen for $1 each and $1 shipping so $2 bucks each..

i have ordered the control board and will see how they process it looking at the parts count on the board im sure its much simplet than im thinking it.

also like i said about the scale it only works if all of your balls are official size and wieght , there are alot of folks that have bought the 7/16 inch balls that do not weigh 5.5 grams
    Do not buy ball bearings; they can cause jams! Also real balls are actually much cheaper than ball bearings if you buy in bulk!

Not to mention ball bearings aren’t chrome plated, they are dull and ugly!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you planning on selling these if you get it to work?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast