Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logic

I am working on a project that i hope to use these ball sensors in. my problem is there is very little application information that can be found on the items.
    i am able to apply the 12v to the sensor and read back the output as 6.5v no ball and 10.8 with a ball present changing the external resistor has little change to the over all voltage so i can not directly feed that into an Arduino or esp32

normally one would use a voltage divider to get the voltage into range but that does not work in this case as you can see in the part schematic that that is how they get the voltage as the output

I have tried the screen clips of the video but had no luck with that as well. i was also thinking that an optocoupler would work but i can not seem to make that do it as well

so the primary goal is to translate that 6.5 to 10.8 to a logic level of 0v to 5v or 0v to 3.3v or a high / low signal for the micro to process

I was thinking that these parts are used in the machines already and their primary use is for pachinko ball detection, that there must be a schematic of a machine that uses these 2 wire items and the surround circuit might glean the interface method used in the machines.

or for that mater maybe some one has already figured out the interface for the sense or SBC and could share.

https://archive.org/details/manualzilla-id-6556005

TL-PP705.JPGTL-PP705Mod.jpgCapture2.JPGCapture.JPGtl-pp153.JPG8020_1.jpg

Thanks in advance
    Paul~

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logi

I can't help you with that, there are no pachinko schematics available due to the gambling
    Nature and short operation duration of these machines. There are 3 wire prox sensors that I believe
    are NPN or PNP that might work better for you however a source will be your problem. What happens
    when you use 5v input?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Interfacing a TL-PP705 ball sensor with a Arduino or any 3.3v or 5v ttl logi

5v will not work. I'm sure the internal transistor is biased for thev12v source.

I have one of the 3 wire types but you can not source those. Where as I was able to source large quantities of the 2 wire model..

I may have to Uncase one of these to see what they are using internally might be able to figure something out..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With as many of these in use one would think that there would be some documentation of application.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You'll probably have better luck getting help in an Arduino support group.
    The challenge is that these are designed to work in a 12v circuit and the Arduino is designed to work in a 5v circuit. I'm sure there's a lot of help available for what you're trying to do but you've really got all the details of the components you'll need in the two schematics you included with your initial post.
    Something like the following tutorial should help you (will admit to only looking at the headline of the article and not saying this is exactly what you need).

https://forum.arduino.cc/t/using-sig...duino/889229/6

6. The following user says "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are stand alone inexpensive voltage sensor circuits that will convert that rise in DC output to an analog on off that you can then process.
    Last edited by rockston; 03-02-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

got any links that you can share, i have looked at a number of stand along board that seem like they should work but do not.. If you have any things i could look up that would be helpful

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by HalfastII View Post
    got any links that you can share, i have looked at a number of stand along board that seem like they should work but do not.. If you have any things i could look up that would be helpful

Did you try all the modules on amazon under a search for
    " arduino current sensor module"?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this is a board that is used by some one on the internet that does just what i am after. They refuse to share any information because they say it can be used to abuse machines.

Truly not sure what they mean by that but its pretty rank when folks have a simple solution but choose not to share. and make up excuses not to..

board.JPG

looks fairly simple im assuming those are 4 pin opto isolaters and the led blinks when a ball passes the sensor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i will have a look. One of the problems of doing any analog conversions is time. it can add enough time to the conversion of the voltage that you can get missed counts. i have tried a number of analog sensors and photo sensors but the accuracy is at best 3 to 5 % on the counts of 1000 balls

I need better than that..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is the hopper for the ball counter.. I can dump 1000 balls through it in about 11 seconds. and you can continuously dump balls all day if needed.

It has a near zero jam rate ( 1 ball in 10000)

20230302_224534.jpg20230302_224524.jpg20230302_224623.jpg

I hope i can come up with a solution to this sooner than later and will follow any suggestions till i rule it out or incorporate it..

it is about 160 mm by 160mm by 50 at the deep end and will easly hold 1000 balls in the hopper (could be modified to hold mor if needed.. but does work well with just dumping from a bin to the hopper

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some more images of the jet counter control board that is out in the wild some where... hell if the price was right i would just buy his boards and incorperate them might be cheaper in the long run...

got to love pre fab

board1.JPGboard3.JPGboard4.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can think of a more desirable use of that hopper and that would be to feed multiple machines prize trays with one lifter. I personally have no desire whatsoever to count balls since there is no real winning going on. May I respectfully ask you why you are so intent on counting balls at home?
    Last edited by rockston; 03-03-2023 at 07:30 AM.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to rockston

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice thing about having a hobby is not having to have a reason to do something.

Let's just call it ocd..

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

17. The following user says "Thanks" to HalfastII

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I totally understand wanting to do a thing just to do a thing.
    I thought about making a ball counter but then settled on simply weighing them and calling it good enough.
    Am interested to see your final application.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate both of your honesty! I was noticing that there are brand new 100LB capacity counters on Ebay for less than $50.
    Last edited by rockston; 03-03-2023 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by UncleToyBox View Post
    I totally understand wanting to do a thing just to do a thing.
    I thought about making a ball counter but then settled on simply weighing them and calling it good enough.
    Am interested to see your final application.

Ya i do that now, i also have printed 100 ball trays that i can count manually with but its not the same as hitting a button and poring the balls in and seeing the outcome on a digital display telling you what it got..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Side note:

Why is it that i have no option to edit my messages... or at least not one i can see...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are limited to a few minutes to edit, then the edit police take over and you're turned to stone.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by HalfastII View Post
    Ya i do that now, i also have printed 100 ball trays that i can count manually with but its not the same as hitting a button and poring the balls in and seeing the outcome on a digital display telling you what it got..
    That's exactly what this will do. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134387501274

or even less expensive https://www.ebay.com/itm/404016492127

Might be able to find you one for free at this rate LOL ! https://www.ebay.com/itm/174831343066
    Last edited by rockston; 03-03-2023 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast