Thread: Help -Electrocoin UK Triple Winner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Help -Electrocoin UK Triple Winner

Hello all.. I am new here. Thanks for having me and thank you for your time. I am a lucky recipient of an interesting possible pachislo machine named Triple Winner made by Electrocoin UK so possibly not a real pachislo. I am not sure but I was hoping to get some help with it as it has some electrical issues and needs some TLC. The stop button board inside has blown 1amp fuse and has blown another i put in. Was blown instantly so I’m thinking a capacitor or something has failed. The reels act somewhat odd and stutter a bit and left one doesn’t move sometimes. I have not cleaned/disconnect everything yet so I’m hoping that helps with the reels and makes it all work better. Some lights out, probably most lights out lol. Speaker fine. Hopper appears to work fine. The machine was sending an error code and alarming when I got it. I reset it and it errored again for empty hopper. I put enough tokens in to fill bottom and make it happy. It will let my insert tokens and get credits. Press spin stick and reels start to spin. Stop buttons don’t work due to blown fuse. Wheels time out after 45sec to a minute. Left stops and right two continue to spin indefinitely. I reset again and after it blew the new fuse it now stops all three. But left reel sometimes doesn’t spin. I’m hoping it all just needs a good cleaning and reseating on connectors. Token mechanism I’m not sure about. Is it standard? and what tokens should I use? I have a small mix and a couple work but none really came with the machine. No keys so opening from back vent hole and picking lock for reset/payout setting switch. It appears to be very similar internally to the Electrocoin Cherry Bar. 9160. The circuit boards inside say 9160. I have found little info on this forum and other resources on this machine so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to NewbiePachiMan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help -Electrocoin UK Triple Winner

I wanted to add a few things I missed last post and add another photo of back badge. Also not sure if I posted this in the correct place so I understand if it’s moved. The soft reset key switch in the middle right of the front door is disconnected from the wires. So trying to determine if that needs reconnecting or can I just leave them. I’ve noticed the reels are not lined up. I hope this isn’t bad. Any help with that would be awesome! I want to dig into the stop button board and find out why it’s blowing the fuse but wondering if I should just replace all the caps on it. Unless they would be hard to source. I see that’s usually the issue. Or maybe just buy another board. They seems very similar to other ones on eBay without much searching. I see a lot of these machines are very similar and possibly share parts. Also have some confusion on the branding/manufacturer. Back says Electrocoin and front has the UK added to the logo. Also I have seen elsewhere this machine is made by Eleco. Is Eleco the same company as Electrocoin? Is Electrocoin the UK version of the company. I have seen also the Super Mog Mog from 1995 that is VERY similar be referred to as an Electrocoin machine but also being made by Eleco. Is Eleco short for Electrocoin and I’m just dumb!! lol the lack of info is driving me wild. Could this machine be a Cherry Bar with different front/Decals? Is it real Pachislo or is it from the UK? And a fruit machine? Thanks for any and all help! I will add more later!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to NewbiePachiMan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Little more! This is my first Pachislo and I think I got it for a great price of $30. My goal is to get it fully functional and looking decent at least I fear the chrome has been damaged from green corrosion. I have not fully cleaned the machine as I was just trying to see if it was fixable. I got it for a guy who collects and works on arcade machines but didn’t want to mess with it and got it in a package deal. He said it errored but would power on! I did a little research and thought why not for that price. He showed me what it was doing and the alarm is obnoxious and I believe his inability to reset the machine without the keys and it blaring that alarm every time he plugged it in scared him away lol. I’m glad I found it thanks to a friend who sent me the link to the posting. It seems like it’s really solid and heavy!! I think the top lights only flash in bonus game but haven’t made it that far to test them. Don’t think the front lower panel light is working or top area. Not really sure what it’s supposed to look like all lit up. Some bulbs work and others don’t on the same board but the bulbs don’t appear blown. I find that odd but again I haven’t really given the machine a once over and cleaned everything/reseating and checked connections. There is a wire attached to bottom that have been pulled loose. Seems like all are usually needed to function would it be grounding for something? It’s not visible in the photos but it’s right of the hopper. I will add photo later. I will probably switch the reset key switch for another keyed switch or toggle if I can’t find a key that works. Also possibly change front locks but don’t mind going in from back to unlatch door. But I’m not sure about doing that while it’s powered on is smart. Thanks again everyone. Sorry if my post are all over the place. I have so many questions and I’m so excited at the same time. Also haven’t a lot of time with the machine so this is going on memory of the hour or so I spent tinkering with it. Excited to get it cleaned up and diagnose that stop button board!!!

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to NewbiePachiMan

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not much help but wanted to say that if you use the Japanese name while searching places like Google, YouTube, etc. you can often find some videos and info!!

トリプルウィナー3

Also Eleco still sort of exists, but it's now one of many companies owned by Universal.. You can even see your machine on their site.. If you use the small drop down on the right and put it on 1995!!

https://www.universal-777.com/product/slot/

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh okay so Eleco is Electrocoin, and it is now owned by Universal. There is a sticker on the side on my reels that says universal but the rest of the machine says Electrocoin. Thank you for that great tip and info! I was wondering if that was the name above the Electrocoin logo on the belly glass. I see it on the back label now as well. I have found many more gameplay videos now and more info, although it is in Japanese! I have now cleaned the machine outside and mostly on the inside. Reseated pretty much every connector inside apart from a few, that I'm sure I missed due to being fairly hidden. I discovered what appears to be from mouse chewing on some wires. I temporarily wrapped them with electrical tape to isolate them from one another but fear I could be missing other damaged wires. I am still waiting on my 1 amp fuses to arrive for the stop reel board and I'm hoping that solves some other issues too?! It does seem to pretty much work though. Tokens feed fine and credits count up. Payout and bet buttons seem to function. Joystick starts reels spinning but left reel stutters and wont start spinning most times. Nudging it will start it most times but now its starting to spin in reverse...I'm not sure if this is stepper motor issue or wiring. Doesn't seem to follow connector but sometimes other reels will stutter a bit but always start. They usually start fine and spin smoothly although they all seem to be pretty loud while spinning. Also left reel isn't aligned properly. I'm frankly a bit lost. Any help is greatly appreciated! Reels stop after 30-45 seconds and will pay out tokens. I am scared I'm damaging something by running it with the reel stuck in place stuttering or when it catches and rotates backwards... Also is it okay to spin the reels by hand when the machine is not powered? I have seen some stuff about cleaning reel optical sensors but don't think these older machines have them.. at least that's what I read somewhere.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to NewbiePachiMan

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Help -Electrocoin UK Triple Winner

Small update! I found a few tokens loose inside while cleaning it. They look pretty awesome and I can only find a couple of people online selling them and only a handful at most. One kind has a line of stars in the middle and some Japanese I’m assuming around outside. Other has a cat in the middle and says Joyful Space Play Town and some more Japanese writing. Anyone have these tokens or seen them before? Also I added photo of token in/out counters on the machine. That seems really high to me. Is that high and could that be the cause of stepper motor failure?

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to NewbiePachiMan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Help -Electrocoin UK Triple Winner

Here is a photo of stepper motor and reel stop board I’m working with. Luckily someone else has repaired that exact board on here so I think I can get that functional but worried it will need at least one new stepper motor if not 2. Left reel light cage broke off and was rubbing inside of reel for long enough to scratch it. Could that have damaged the stepper motor? Could it be an issue on another circuit board with the motor drivers or capacitors on that circuit? I believe these older motors have the reel sensor inside the motor so I guess it could just be failing and I don’t think these motors come apart? The right reel is now starting the stick and not spin at all without help to start. It does it almost everytime and left reel will spin if coerced but is just as likely to spin backwards as forwards lol. I have tried obvious of disconnecting harness and checking for damaged wires. And reseated all multiple times. It doesn’t follow the connector so that’s why I think it’s the motors. Middle reel works fine most of the time but also catches and stutters at times. I would love to just replace all three motors but can’t currently find an exact match on the motor. I can find a Universal ST3103N207 for Getter Mouse on eBay and they look the exact same with same reel mount setup and connectors. I think I might just grab them and try them anyways. Is the second set of numbers the date of mfg? 49-94tt Is that 49th month of 1994? If that’s the case I would feel better about winging it with the other motors but worry that’s like a tooth count or something for the steps in the motor? All help is appreciated!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to NewbiePachiMan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry but made a mistake in last post. Not sure if I can edit the post. The motor I can find is TS3103N207 and the motors I have are TS3103N177.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some batches are numbered as weeks. So might be 49th week.
    Ian #UKPachinko