Thread: Matsuya AquaRium Slot not taking tokens

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Matsuya AquaRium Slot not taking tokens

Hi all, I'm new here so any apologies if the format isn't quite right.

So I have a used Matsuya AquaRium slot machine, and since purchasing it, it's token mechanism has been "unique", to say the least.

So this machine for some strange reason will ONLY accept CANADIAN 1 dollar coins. The coins are too big to actually run down the track and into the hopper, but they aren't rejected and they are counted as credits on the digital screen, but the coins of course simply fall down into the bottom of the machine.

I have tried using regular Japanese pachislo coins which work perfectly fine on my Mizuho Taco Slot machine, but the Matsuya AquaRium machine completely rejects the tokens and they fall into the coin return. They are not magnetic pachislo coins. For reference, 1 dollar canadian coins are 26.5 mm in diameter, 1.95 mm thick, and they are not magnetic.

I have no idea why its like this, as the person I purchased it from said it did this when he bought it wholesale. I'm guessing it has been customized in some way, I just don't know exactly how, as I am very new to collecting these.

Picture references are attached and below, I also attached a picture of the pachislo coin. The coin mechanism appears to be stock, so I'm not exactly sure what has been done to it. I have also tested the hopper by putting tokens into the hopper manually and then pressing the "payout" button, all coins were spit out without an issue, so it's definitely not a hopper issue.

This machine has also been reset before successfully and it is not in reset mode. The machine will play normally with credits on screen, but eventually will error due to not having tokens to spit out.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time in advanced. 20230129_101608.jpg20230129_101623.jpg20230129_102345.jpg
    Last edited by conflictedcanadian; 01-29-2023 at 11:50 AM.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to conflictedcanadian

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Matsuya AquaRium Slot not taking tokens

and biscuits
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Matsuya AquaRium Slot not taking tokens

Check out the coin mech if you see two screws you can adjust the ramp up and down a mm or so
    DON'T FEED THE

6. The following user says "Thanks" to ebb