Thread: Old Manual Pull-Down Lever VS New Automatic Shooting Knob In Skill Needs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Old Manual Pull-Down Lever VS New Automatic Shooting Knob In Skill Needs

Quite curious what people here think. Which do out think required more actual skill to play with, the old spring-lever based machines where you pull down the launcher and try to time the shot and control the power of the spring launcher?

Or the modern machines that shoot balls nonstop at automatic out and simply turn the round knob around to affect the direction and maybe speed and force the ball shoots at?

Which requires more skill in your opinion? Which one do you find the bigger jackpot machine to win prizes and make money somehow at?

I just played both kinds of machines during Christmas and it seems its easier to score luck hits with the modern turn-knob auto shooting vendors but the old manual one requires actual concentration to shoot into the hole and luck is almost nonexistent!

Whats your opinion?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Unknown

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Old Manual Pull-Down Lever VS New Automatic Shooting Knob In Skill Needs

I don't think it matters too much which type if the game is parlor spec. My guess is the skill you need in order to be a professional is being able to recognize and then exploit an anomaly. https://youtu.be/AjI_LcQOOs4.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Old Manual Pull-Down Lever VS New Automatic Shooting Knob In Skill Needs

For me I treat my Vintage "Flipper" machines like a Fine Wine , you take your time and enjoy the single ball journey though the 110 Brass nails and I like to adjust some win pockets kind of "Tight" to enjoy the thrill of making that pocket sometimes enjoying a alcoholic beverage or just a soda or lemonade while playing .

Maybe playing some classic rock ,R&B , or whatever even classical music at sometimes .

I really envy Wayne-Ooo Vintage machines rebuilds i.e.

https://www.pachitalk.com/forums/sho...owling-Model-A
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Old Manual Pull-Down Lever VS New Automatic Shooting Knob In Skill Needs

Quote Originally Posted by ;631683
    Quite curious what people here think. Which do out think required more actual skill to play with, the old spring-lever based machines where you pull down the launcher and try to time the shot and control the power of the spring launcher?

Or the modern machines that shoot balls nonstop at automatic out and simply turn the round knob around to affect the direction and maybe speed and force the ball shoots at?

Which requires more skill in your opinion? Which one do you find the bigger jackpot machine to win prizes and make money somehow at?

I just played both kinds of machines during Christmas and it seems its easier to score luck hits with the modern turn-knob auto shooting vendors but the old manual one requires actual concentration to shoot into the hole and luck is almost nonexistent!

Whats your opinion?
    Depends on the type of gameplay of the pachinko. There’s several different type of modern pachinkos: digipachi (by far the most common), hanemono (skill based), digihane (combination of digipachi and hanemono), kenrimono (rights based, also more skill oriented), arepachi (no longer made, but more skill based), “one shot machines” (skill based), and standard play pachinkos (plays like a vintage with set payout)

They still make lots of skill based machines; you just have to seek them out from the sea of digipachi now!

Showa story has a flipper:

Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-21-2023 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh yeah, some digipachi are much more skill based than “normal” like New Areddin or MoeXcite

Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-21-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    Oh yeah, some digipachi are much more skill based than “normal” like New Areddin or MoeXcite
    I've not seen a machine like the MoExcite one before. Is that an arrangeball layout at the bottom? The few videos on YouTube don't seem to elucidate much, but it looks pretty neat.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to NicoleExpress

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleExpress View Post
    I've not seen a machine like the MoExcite one before. Is that an arrangeball layout at the bottom? The few videos on YouTube don't seem to elucidate much, but it looks pretty neat.
    It’s just for looks, it’s not an arepachi. It’s just based off of a famous 90’s arepachi, Exite.

This new one is fun, good music, requires skill, it’s 1/99 odds so lots of action. And it’s in the air cannon frame so it’s got the air blast function!

I do have 3 arepachi, the Maturi Penguin, Maturi Apollo 1 and a CR President that do have functioning scoring holes and shoot 16 balls per round; like an arrangeball.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-21-2023 at 10:39 PM.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    It’s just for looks, it’s not an arepachi. It’s just based off of a famous 90’s arepachi, Exite.

This new one is fun, good music, requires skill, it’s 1/99 odds so lots of action. And it’s in the air cannon frame so it’s got the air blast function!

I do have 3 arepachi, the Maturi Penguin, Maturi Apollo 1 and a CR President that do have functioning scoring holes and shoot 16 balls per round; like an arrangeball.
    Very nice stuff! You've given me more machines to keep an eye out for, even if the fake arepachi is weird it does look like a fun machine.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to NicoleExpress

Thanks
    Thanks Received

single shot all the way