Thread: Looking for help with details on the back of a modern Heiwa game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for help with details on the back of a modern Heiwa game

Is there a place to get owners manuals for modern games?
    I picked up a 2016 Heiwa Lupin The End this past weekend (my first game) and I have a ton of questions after looking at the back.

There are so many switches on the back. What do they do? I'm guessing there are some sort of odds adjustments but it would be cool to know rather than guess.

There are USB ports... does this mean there are ROM updates that can be applied? If so, can we get our hands on updated ROMs?

Menu options seem pretty straight forward through the game itself but I wonder if I'm missing things that I might find in the documentation.

Looking at the Heiwa web site, it seems they only provide the manuals to operators. I'm hoping we have some sort of connection in this group that might be able to help me.

I have lots of other questions as well but am trying to find as much as I can in old forum posts before being too much of a newbie (which I really am).

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for help with details on the back of a modern Heiwa game

There are usually frame manuals, but not too many have made it here..Daverob translated a couple of older Sankyo frame manuals years ago.. you can see what those look like here http://www.pinballdave.com/pachinko/tech.html

I assume companies are still making frame manuals.. not sure how to get them though.. Yahoo Japan passably??

I'm not sure game specific manuals exist.. Usually pamphlets were available that had some info about new games, it seems like many companies put PDFs on their sites now..

like this..

https://p-sa.s-pwfl.com/pdf/psa_mp.pdf#view=Fit

Go ahead and post any questions and don't forget to post pics of what you're asking about, we love pics!!

You may not get answers to all your questions, but no one here's gonna get mad at you for asking!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did find the page that goes through the rules for my game. It's definitely been a great help understanding how to play it - https://www.heiwanet.co.jp/latest/cr.../99/index.html
    Am so grateful we live in a time where I can just point my phone at the screen and get a rough translation in the blink of the eye.

Looking at these with my naked eye, I thought these were dip switches. Now that I've taken a photo and looked closely, it looks like these may be connectors of some sort. I'm guessing for the displays I see on the top of games in pachinko parlors.
    20221219_183551.jpg

Things like these LEDs are labelled so Google Translate helps me understand what they're for.
    20221219_183700.jpg

But I'm left wondering what this switch and USB are used for. There's another USB lower on the game as well. I'd guess they're for firmware updates or something but I haven't found reference for them yet.
    20221219_183713.jpg

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to UncleToyBox

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe those are indeed battle counter connections..

No clue on the USB ports, my machines are much older than this one!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There won't be any updates on machines, the parlor get to display machine for a limited time, and once that time is up, machine is off the floor and it becomes trash or sold to a company that can get rid of it, some company's make lots of cells that fit same frame, so frame can be used again and only cell to trash

your first picture is to hook up battle counter, each machine has it, so there are uses to parlor also

your second picture is error codes, all machines are the same in the back 1-9, but front screen errors are different, with google translate, easy to figure out

your third picture, white button is a reset button

don't over think these machines, just play them, and learn as you go
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I've looked up what a battle counter is and am checking out options to get one of those. Seems like a pretty cool addition to have (I enjoy tracking stats)

I had used Google lens and figured out the error codes to some extent. Right now, they're all off so life is good.

Reset button makes a lot of sense. I'll have to play around to see how much it resets when I hit it.

If there's anything I'm good at, it's overthinking things. I start by looking for manuals and documentation to read. After that, I ask questions. If I still have questions, I start with the experiments... I'm still at the first and second stages for now.