Thread: Need Part Nishijin Model C I think Clear plastic ball loader assy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need Part Nishijin Model C I think Clear plastic ball loader assy

So the load lever is a final design that is virtually identical to the original other than not being perfectly clear. Haven't quite accomplished that clarity with my printed parts yet....Not even sure it's possible.
    Part is made with "transparent" PETG filament, so it has a good degree of flexibility to withstand rough handling.

Nishijinloadlever2.jpg

I've finished the front plate w/ shaft for the load lever to go on as well. I've used a cut off double headed nail that is just barely smaller than the diameter of the 3mm shaft on the original.
    Instead of a brass shaft and a clip, there is an interference fit with the nail. You have difficulty pulling it out of the mounting plate boss with your fingers, but it comes out readily with a pair of pliers.
    Here are the two parts assembled. I have some brass rod coming tomorrow for some experimenting with trying to be more like the original part. Not sure if I can cut a snap ring groove though, and the nail method works pretty good.

NishijinCloadleverandplate.jpg

Here it is in place and then the original for comparison

NishijinCloadlevermountingplate.jpgNishijinCpivot.jpg

When you mount the front plate to the machine there is an adjustment slot for setting the height of the pin on the load lever.
    To adjust properly, close the front door slowly until just before contact with the pin. They should be in line with each other, or the pin just slightly higher.
    The end of the pin is beveled, and the shooter arm in white has a curved upper edge to allow the two parts to engage properly when the door is closed.

NishijinCloaderalignment.jpg

Then confirm that the top of the load lever is not hitting the wood above it, and that the wire on the shooter arm is behind the load lever (actually applies to both wires)

NishijinCloadleverinplace.jpg Nishijinloadleverwires.jpg

I've been using the two pieces on my machine and they work fine.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SibSr