Thread: Secret Treasure coin mechanism

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Secret Treasure coin mechanism

Hi. I'm new here and picked up my first three pachi-slots this past weekend at an auction (I went to look at pinball machines and ended up with three slots instead). One of the ones I picked up was Secret Treasure (took me a while to figure out the US name of it), and I have a question about the coin mechanism.

Pachi-Slot Hihouden.jpg
    It appears that there is an electro magnet that is powered up any time the machine is ready for a token, and deactivates any time the machine cannot take a token. However, it is just dangling in the air by two wires, with a separate ground wire hanging loose as well. I haven't taken anything apart yet, but I don't see where this mechanism would fit inside the existing coin mechanism. I'd like to restore it to the way it is supposed to be, but don't know what that is.

Does anyone have a picture or maybe point out where this mechanism is supposed to fit?

Coin relay.jpg Coin relay 2.jpg

Also, there are 5 spaces in the center of the machine next to the reels where lights can be added. The installed lights to either side of the reels do not light up at all so I'm not sure what is going on there. It seems unlikely that they all burned out and would like to get a few new bulbs (plus the holder that snaps into the circuit board), but not sure what to search for and where to search for them at this time.

Finally, this machine is very loud. I can't find an internal volume switch and while there are potmeters installed in the speaker wires already, the volume is still very loud. Any idea where the volume control is inside this unit? Or should I find bigger potmeters and replace the ones that a previous owner had installed?

Thanks in advance for any help with these.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Secret Treasure coin mechanism

WELCOME!!!

I'm not sure which lights you are talking about, but looking at videos, most lights don't come on until you get a reach or winning combo!!

Most machines will usually have a useless three position switch that may make the volume louder, but rarely quieter!! Your best bet is to add better pots or L-Pads!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Secret Treasure coin mechanism

I have found the volume controls. The were on the board left of the reels and difficult to see (and covered with a layer of plastic), but it did allow me to lower the volume of both speakers down to a normal level in line with my other two machines.

I did see a video of the machine that, after some play, had one of the lights to the side of the reels light up and then later another one lit up where I do not have a socket/bulb so I'll be investing in a few sockets and bulbs to complete it.

The coin mechanism was easy to slide out (I was trying to figure out how to take the bracket off and discovered that the coin mechanism itself came out easy. On the other side were two screws that the solenoid fit in perfectly. I've reattached it and everything appears to work correctly now with the coin mechanism too.

All that's left now is to clean out the inside of the machine (there's some corrosion and smoke residue inside). Not sure what to do about the cracks in the plastic (not really visible from the front and about the stains in the coin tray (it appears to be multiple layers: A plastic layer on top that is clean, and a metal layer with some corrosion and stains underneath on top of another plastic layer). Not sure if that is easy to dismantle or not, but it would improve the look quite a bit if cleaned up.

All in all I'm very happy with my purchase.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Atoombolle