Ok, complete noob here, I'm more of a pinball owner. But I'm also a huge SDF Macross fan, and I've wanted a 2009 Fever SDF Macross pachi for a long time. With a new game room going into the basement, nows my chance! But I have a bunch of questions.

1. Is this even a good idea? Is that machine fun or even reasonable for a noob to own/play?
  2. I know that this particular title has been $$$ for years, is there a price range I should target?
  3. Does this machine sell ever? I know there is one on eBay for a pretty high price. Should I just bite the bullet?
  4. Is payouts part of the fun in playing pachis? It seems like the game wouldn't be as much fun without payout.
  5. I saw one on a website for somewhat less, but converted to cyclic? So no payouts right?
  6. The same site seems to have a cell only that is partially converted to cyclic and won't payout. It's about 50% of the price. Is it worth picking up the cell now and searching for a V-Trigger frame separately?
  7. Are there any particular issues or gotchas with the Fever SDF Macross pachi?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm really just starting to get serious about owning this machine.