Thread: Sankyo Dokkiri Man jackpot issues.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Dokkiri Man jackpot issues.

I'm trying to repair my first pachinko machine. When a ball goes into one of the bottom three catchers it starts playing a tune and the arms open in the middle to catch balls which then causes a digital counter to go up by one.
    After a while the music stops but it then goes into making a continuous error beep.

What is supposed to happen with a jackpot on this machine?
    Is it supposed to pay out one set of balls for every count on the counter after the music stops?

Until I can figure out what it's supposed to be doing it's hard to see where it's going wrong.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Dokkiri Man jackpot issues.

It should pay out for every ball that makes it into the center feature past the “arms” that move.

It’s normal on older machines to error out if you don’t shoot balls into the center feature during a round of the fever.

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

But is it supposed to pay out as soon as a ball enters the center feature (so one ball enters the center and it instantly pays out for that ball) or is it supposed to add up all the balls that enter the center (the digital display does go up by one every time a ball goes into the center during the fever) and then after the fever it pays out all the accumulated jackpots?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

These older machines. They should payout pretty much as soon as the ball goes in the pocket. maybe a second or two delay. But no. they don't build up for a big payout later on.

The theory could be. If your running low on balls, the last thing you want is to not be able to keep playing becaue you ran out and the wings keep opening and closing unable to shoot.

also if its a 15 ball payout. by 8 wins per round over 8 or 15 rounds Thats 960/1800 balls. Thats rather a lot to keep stored up.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 11-21-2022 at 07:45 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for that.
    But now I wondering why there's a digital display that counts up when a ball goes into the center.

Will have to check but I'm pretty sure it plays out once when the frenzy starts but then doesn't pay out when a ball goes into the center. I have plenty of balls in the hopper so it's not that and the sewsaw is set properly but at least I now know what's possibly wrong.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on this style machine. there are normally 3 pockets in the centre. 2 normal and a V pocket.

During the jackpot, when the wings open. You get 2 counters. One is the amount of rounds played, the other is the amount of balls gone in. If you don't get a V pocket hit. The jackpot ends early.

I'll use Mimi here to demonstrate. The counters flashes is probably down to the multiplexing of the leds and the speed the camera records at. IRL its a solid number.

Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never noticed that there was a center V zone in the middle bit.
    I'll have a chance tomorrow to look and see what happens during a frenzy by opening the front and dropping balls down the various chutes.
    Thanks for the info so far and I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a Nishjin hanemono ("Animal Land" aka "Hungry Hungry Hippo") that would alarm whenever I did anything unusual like try to sneak balls in the V pocket without operating the shooter... some kind of tamper protection system?
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Damn. Looks like I'm going to have to do it the hard way and play properly to test this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No. With the glass open you can still test. Just have to do it in order. Drop a ball into the 1 or 2 pocket and let the wings open, just before you drop a ball in the centre feature.
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So watching your video to the end it sounds like it's not paying out until the frenzy is over.

On mine it's paying out every time a ball drops into the center during the frenzy. There was an issue stopping it playing out after the first payout but a clean sorted that.
    So during the frenzy it's paying out fine for every ball that drops into the center and it's counting the payouts on the digital display but it still sounds an error at the end of the frenzy.

While I had it apart I noticed there appears to be the equivalent of 'dip switch' setting that are on arcade PCBs but these are little switches set by a plastic square:

20221122_140508.jpg

No idea if these could be set wrong so will have a search to see if I can find any info.
    And does anyone have any idea what the little black box marked 24/1GM is for
    But still can't figure out why the end of a frenzy that's paid out balls should sound an error.
    Couldn't see any bad connections just a missing bulb but replacing that made no difference either.
    I also noticed a different tune played at the end of your frenzy so maybe that part is failing but can't quite figure out where the electronics for that is.

EDIT:Just tried continued play after a frenzy and the error is sounding and if I trigger another frenzy it just pays out once for the ball that went into the hole that triggers the frenzy but the frenzy doesn't start so somethings not being reset.

I'm pretty sure this is an electronic issue now.
    Last edited by Lurch666; 11-22-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I wouldn’t quite say that video is accurate on when it payout. It was filmed on the kitchen worktop and obviously whilst shooting I couldn’t get round to filling the rear tank. Also I know the ball paths on this Okuruma Monako machine. And all the pockets lead to one sensor that handle the payout. All the centre feature stuff and music and handled by the pocket sensors. But this machine isn’t a Sankyo so some aspects might be different.

I would suspect the component is a relay. But to be honest thats a wild stab in the dark.

To summarize with yours, assuming it works the same as a monako.

we know it payout. (If the same as monako irrelevant)
    the No.1 and No.2 pockets work. Or else the wings wouldn’t open.
    the V pocket works to trigger the jackpot.

but do both of the other centre pockets work?
    does the counter go up when you get a ball in either of the other pockets during the jackpot. We need to check the sensor is working and not stuck with an open or closed signal.
    Ian #UKPachinko

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2022-11-24 11.41.55.jpg

What I thought was just the PSU is all the electronics for this game.
    I see there's an eprom that I could read but with nothing to compare it to I would have no idea if all the data is good. I see there's a no rom sharing policy on this site so even if some else has this system I couldn't get the file from them.
    It's obviously working to some extent as the tunes play (that's the YM2149 chip) and it looks like it's using 6802 processor. I'll see if I can identify any ram as that's a possible fail point.

Will check all the connections between this and the main system and looks for shorts next.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahh , you don't know that these machines were manufactured under strict laws for both the pachinko machines and the pachislo (skill stop slots) and the Roms that you asked for were designed not to be decoded and the machines were only in the parlors for only Two years then Recycled in China for base materials and useable electronics .

Some have attempted to reverse engineer these machines but wind up only doing cosmetic changes to said machines .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's puzzling.
    The eprom looks like a standard 2764. I can easily read it to check it's contents and even if it's encrypted it should match one from the same machine.
    I don't need to understand the code on the chip,just verify that it's ok.
    But like I said even if someone does have the same machine I'm not going to go against site rules so it's a moot point.

I'll just have to check what I can.