Thread: Looking for a transformer to power Chinaman Pachinko game from 110 outlet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for a transformer to power Chinaman Pachinko game from 110 outlet

Hello everyone. I was given a Chinaman game in rough condition over the weekend, but the mechanisms seem to be working well. Only issue is that the wiring is a mess. The ones from the transformer were ripped out and I'm following the post here to rewire the whole machine. Just need to know which transformer would be the right one for the job.

Thanks in advance!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for a transformer to power Chinaman Pachinko game from 110 outlet

and ginger snap cookies

Nice, Clear Photos of the machine Front, Back The inside switch board and the upper right terminal box on the back of the machine Posted on this Thread .

Those Photos will help us help you get the machine back up and running if possible.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for a transformer to power Chinaman Pachinko game from 110 outlet

Not a problem. Should have attached from the start. Here is where I'm at so far:

1. Lights - I've got them wired and tested with the switches and a 9V battery and they are working, but will need to wired through the box for both the 9V connector and the wiring to the lights/switches.

2. Power for the solinoids - This is the main issue and you can see the close up of the transformer with the missing black wires that I assume would have gone to home 110 AC. That's the part I'm trying to replace.

3. Wiring in the box - This is in process following the setup used in the thread refereneced in my first post, so don't fret too much that it's about empty in there.

4. Internals are all seeing to be functioning smoothly and just need the power situation taken care of and then a thorough cleaning (I did see the post about tips and tricks for that).

Thank you!

IMG_9365.jpgIMG_9366.jpgIMG_9367.jpgIMG_9368.jpgIMG_9369.jpg

4. The following user says "Thanks" to nischwartz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for a transformer to power Chinaman Pachinko game from 110 outlet

It’s easier to just convert the lights to 24v too… (new bulbs) that way no need to fool with changing costly 9v batteries anymore, you can use wires to connect the 24v circuit for the solenoids to the other circuit for the lights.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This all sounds reasonable, but the main concern here is getting the 24V into the machine from the wall. Just looking for a recommendation on a transformer or power adapter that will get me from 110v AC to 24v DC and have the right amount of amps for the solinoids.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by nischwartz View Post
    This all sounds reasonable, but the main concern here is getting the 24V into the machine from the wall. Just looking for a recommendation on a transformer or power adapter that will get me from 110v AC to 24v DC and have the right amount of amps for the solinoids.

Thanks!
    I’ve been using a “wall wart” style transformer for years on mine; no issues. I bought it off ebay if I recall. Cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 11-09-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much! Found a similar one on Amazon with the same specs. Excided to get my machine up and runing. As for the lights, do you mind sharing photos of the wiring of your J-box so I can convert it to the 24v system when I get the right bulbs?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here’s a pic of mine… hard to see what’s going on, I pulled off some electrical tape holding that twisted bunch of wires together but those two dark grey are the power source; tied into the big grey factory wires 24 v side, and apparently I just Jerry rigged the lights (10v side) to be hard wired omitting the fuse… never had any problem regardless. Maybe not “best practices” but hey, it it works it works!

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The one thing I am worried about is the wheatstone four diode Bridge for the switch circuit Hidden behind the payout mechanism in the back of the machine .

A photo of the shape of the switches and the wiring back there will talk volumes of the condition of the machine.

That's what makes the Powerflash the Powerflash pachinko.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have used this stylr of transformer on many vintage power flasf and circuit racer machines

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115517730021

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances