Thread: Help understanding some pachislo lingo- "Reach eyes/Chance eyes" and ART stock

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help understanding some pachislo lingo- "Reach eyes/Chance eyes" and ART stock

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than I in the ways of pachislo could help me grasp a few concepts, as I'm still fairly new to this world and google has so far not provided much clarification for me. I have a mid-2000s KPE machine, and over the last few months I've been slowly untangling all the nuances and "strategies" (such as they are) of playing with it, but there are a couple things I still can't quite get my head around.

1. In the operating manual and online resources for the machine, there are a series of combinations labeled "reach eyes" and "chance eyes"-

reachChance.JPG

Near as I can tell, these seem to be suggested combinations to eye-shoot for at certain times, but I'm not sure how or when. I'm not even sure how they're supposed to be helpful, like the one in the top right with two losses and a red 7/cherry, why would that be something to shoot for? The game has a "Chance Zone" mode, so maybe the chance eyes are specific to that? But then what is reach? I also have no idea what "pinch push only" is in reference to. I'm totally baffled by this honestly

2. This machine utilizes an ART (Assist Replay Time) mode, during which the general payout rate is higher than normal gameplay. In the resources I've read on the machine, there's a lot of talk about being able to "stock" multiple ARTs in a row, but I haven't really been able to figure out how this system works. For instance, the really big bonus is supposed to net you 2 ART stocks, which I would interpret as being able to continue in the ART mode once more after a situation where you would normally be kicked out to normal gameplay. In practice however, I haven't seen this happen, as I get put back into normal gameplay on the first "fail" condition just as with a 1 stock situation. Does anybody have experience with a machine that uses this system and knows how it generally works? Does the extra stock maybe just make it so that another ART is set to trigger within a certain number of spins after the first one ends or something like that?

These are really the last couple mysteries I have yet to suss out with this machine, so any light anyone could shed on this stuff for me would be really appreciated. Thanks all!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help understanding some pachislo lingo- "Reach eyes/Chance eyes" and ART sto

RE: Chance/reach, after looking around a bit I saw StereoMaster's earlier thread on this which helped me understand them a bit better (I did a search beforehand, honest!) It sounds like getting a reach pattern guarantees a bonus and chance just ups your chances if I understand correctly

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help understanding some pachislo lingo- "Reach eyes/Chance eyes" and ART sto

I have no idea. You probably know more than me.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fair enough, thanks for the reply anyway! There's such a dearth of English-language info (Or even Japanese for that matter) about this kind of thing on the internet, so I figured asking here would be my best bet

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

These modern Pachislo (Skill Stop Slots) and modern Pachinko are pre programmed at the factory for certain odds ie payouts , spins , and even the length of the Fevers on the machines .

The Manufacturers possibly code the odds programs so that no outsiders could know the cycle of the machines and the winning odds.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I realize I have very little control over the odds and how things play out, I'm more just curious about understanding what the rules are and why it's doing what it's doing. I'm not sure how common it is among machines of this era, but this one does actually give the player a fair amount of control to affect the outcome at certain points, though more often than not it feels more like an opportunity to screw up rather than get something extra haha. For example, in the ART mode I mentioned, every so many spins a graphic appears onscreen and you have to stop the left reel on that color 7 or the mode will end. Or like during a big bonus it will indicate when you have the opportunity to trigger an ART by hitting three sevens, but you have to hit them in a specific order, things like that. So it at least gives a pretty good illusion of control at times