Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sankyo Fever Queen 1993 - Stuck with alarm sounding

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Fever Queen 1993 - Stuck with alarm sounding

Hi all, I have a Sankyo Fever Queen that I'm hoping you can help me it.

It seems like it is stuck with a tamper alarm going? If that is the case I can't find a reset. Unplugging and plugging it back in didn't reset it. (occurs with or without balls in the hopper)

I read through some other posts of similar machines that had a problem with the jackpot sensor. I have started to pull things apart to get to the sensors but I'm not sure how to test the sensor.

CompleteBack01.jpgFeverQueen01.jpgSensors.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Fever Queen 1993 - Stuck with alarm sounding

Quote Originally Posted by Random1111 View Post
    Hi all, I have a Sankyo Fever Queen that I'm hoping you can help me it.

It seems like it is stuck with a tamper alarm going? If that is the case I can't find a reset. Unplugging and plugging it back in didn't reset it. (occurs with or without balls in the hopper)

I read through some other posts of similar machines that had a problem with the jackpot sensor. I have started to pull things apart to get to the sensors but I'm not sure how to test the sensor.

CompleteBack01.jpgFeverQueen01.jpgSensors.jpg

If you are looking for a door sensor, it would be in the edge of it and not in any of the center holes. My guess is opening the glass may reveal a door sensor along the edge somewhere. If it isn't that, then one of the top tray sensors probably thinks it is empty, and it could be a loose wire or something.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to judremy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not seeing any door sensors around the edge of the door. You mentioned a top tray sensor. If that was the case wouldn't the low ball light remain on even with the tray full of balls?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

removed corrupt image text
    iq
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-03-2022 at 05:12 PM. Reason: removed corrupt image text

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Trying to post the image again.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-03-2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: removed corrupt image text

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry. Still didn't work. All I see is hundreds of lines of garbage text.

This happens to me as well. But it normally does it when trying to copy and paste an image rather than using the attachments option in the
    Go Advanced
    function at the bottom.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a link to a posting pics how to!!

https://www.pachitalk.com/How-to-Post-Pictures

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Random1111

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does this 'E' mean anything useful to help diagnose what is going on? Or is this just keep pulling things apart till you see something wrong?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good, Clear photographs of the Front door open and we can see around the cell but Full photos of the Front, Back , and Critical points of your machine will let us Help you .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachinkos are not made to be serviceable/easily repaired, they are made to be disposable unfortunately; most with issues just get thrown out. Which is why it’s never a good idea to buy a non-working “project” pachinko that’s throwing errors as your first machine (or at all really; I avoid them). Electronic repair is a dying art, and if you are lucky enough to find someone who wants to fool around with troubleshooting an old pachinko; it likely will cost way more in repair bills than the machine is worth working ($75-100) so you need to decide how important this particular machine is to you. Components that are 30+ years old do fail unfortunately.

That said, try disconnecting and reconnecting all the connectors; if still having issues; consider cell swapping it, or just cut your losses; sell it to somebody else who thinks it’s “probably an easy fix…” and pay a bit more for a much newer nicer machine that’s working, or better yet a newer one from a vendor. Definitely test the next one; that’s the best thing about buying from a vendor; they are tested and you have some recourse if there’s issues.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Karen of JT Comatz trading co can sell you a newer, working Fever Queen they have in stock; problem solved! There’s a group shipment in process now on FB… shipping to the US is around $250 a machine.

Fully tested, not to mention this Sankyo Evol frame has the some of really good cell swapping options; lots of good cells fit this frame!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TrayOpener.jpgSensors.jpgBallSensor.jpgSankyo2_Back1.jpgThanks for all the advice so far! Does anyone have any experience with testing these sensors or the tray door actuator?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I assume with the ball sensors, you could set a DMM to continuity check and put one lead on each end of the wire and put a ball between the sensor. Should tell you if it works. No?

18. The following user says "Thanks" to judremy

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some measure a difference in resistance rather than a straight forward open/closed switch. so its a good idea to check that as well.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-14-2022 at 06:25 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up pulling all the wire connectors and plugging them back in. I found a pin that was bent. I blame that partially on my old eyes. I was able to straiten the pin and reassemble for the win.

I was chasing the sensor only because of another post where that was a problem.

So happy to be up and playing again.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Random1111

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well maybe not all good. I was running it through some testing to see if the jackpot window would open and it did. Alarm kicked back on after dropping a couple of balls down the jackpot window and the E code is back on. Could this be a tamper alarm (it doesn't reset when I unplug the machine and plug back in)? or does this indicate a problem with one of the ball sensors?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure how much help this is as I just picked one of these up and won't have time to tear into it until way down the line but a couple things...

If you had a bent pin on one of the boards have you tried tapping or wiggling that connector around to see if the problem changes? It's possible the header (pins) has a cracked solder joint from being bent and needs to be reflowed.

Quickly going over my machine before setting it aside, there is a 7 ball jackpot chamber for regular win pockets and a 15 ball jackpot chamber behind it for the attacker (the OPEN door at the bottom). When you drop a ball through the attacker, does the 15 ball chamber cycle a load? Does the 7 ball chamber cycle a load when a ball is dropped in the other pockets?

There is a little hairpin in the jackpot area. Removing it (careful not to lose it) will allow you to pull up on the releases for both the 7 and 15 ball jackpot chambers manually and cycle a payout. Does doing this a few times for the 15 ball chamber clear the error? Do they pull up easily to release the jackpot load? Be sure to put the hairpin back in once you try this.

It appears there's a motor on the lower right of the machine that is constantly turning and actuates the release for the 7 or 15 ball chamber once activated by a winning shot. I have no idea how this system works as I haven't torn into it yet, but if delayed payouts end up being the issue, there could be a problem there.

Also the yellow light on the front next to where it says Sankyo is the low ball hopper alert. Is your ball hopper full? I noticed that the out light microswitch on this machine isn't connected to the linkage that runs down to allow ball loading, it's a separate plate actuated in the same area. You may see this looking at the back of your machine just under the ball hopper. Not sure if that switch reports back to the rest of the system or not. Again, my machine needs to be completely rebuilt before I do much more with it, so it's possible that's just gummed up or incorrectly adjusted on mine.

I doubt there's any tamper alarm, "E" will more than likely just mean there's an error somewhere in what the machine is expecting. I'm just guessing it's missing payouts and that's what is throwing the machine into an error state and requiring an attendant / repair.
    ALWAYS looking to buy a Heiwa CR Bunny Girl pachinko! Please PM me!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

24. The following user says "Thanks" to InsaneDavid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the reply!

I will have to pull the machine apart and check the boards where the pins were bent and examine them better. I will be doing that next I guess.

The Jackpot window does pay out 15. I also plugged it back in and cycled through both payouts to see if that would clear it.

Not sure if it is important but I didn't see a little hairpin in the jack pot area. I can and did try manually cycling the payouts.

So next step is to tear it down again and take a better look at the circuit boards. I was thinking that my last tear down reset something that let it run error free till I hit the jack pot. I was hoping to try pulling each pin connector and replugging them back in to see if that cleared the error. My thinking was if I found which one reset it to normal operating mode maybe it would narrow down where the problem lies. Probably flawed logic but sounded good.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Random1111

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sure thing!

I believe the only thing the little hairpin does is prevent the jackpot releases from being able to be pulled manually - in essence it prevents someone from banging on the front of the machine to to get them to shake loose and pay out. I believe those are triggered in regular operation by the smaller motor on the back of the machine (lower right when looking at the machine from the back) that I'm guessing pushes up some kind of actuator to trip them.

Maybe the balls that go into the attacker (the door) are getting stuck or incorrectly sensed en route to where they trigger the payout? From what you've said, it seems it's something in that operation that is confusing the machine and putting it into an error state. Note that I believe there are at least two out holes inside the attacker - one in the center and one on either side that probably run to the same place - but they all pay 15. Looking at videos of the game operating, a ball will become captive on the door in the center while other balls roll around it. Then when the attacker door closes at the end of a round, the trapped ball gets dropped into the center hole to trigger the next round. These will obviously run to different switches as they control different events. The problem could be a lost signal somewhere in there.

Again, this is all just speculation.

It's difficult to troubleshoot by going a plug at a time unless you specifically know they connect to a problem area - the connections to a video screen when you're having video screen issues on a machine, for an example.
    ALWAYS looking to buy a Heiwa CR Bunny Girl pachinko! Please PM me!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

28. The following user says "Thanks" to InsaneDavid

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast