Thread: 1974 nishijin super deluxe ball payout not resetting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1974 nishijin super deluxe ball payout not resetting

Hey guys. Thank you for your previous help. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I bought a used 1974 Super Deluxe that seems to work except when I should win a reward of more balls I get a single payout and that is it. When I Look to the back of the machine the white ball receptor that accepts the prize ball and then tilts down and dumps it releasing the payout seems to get stuck in a downward position. If I manually shift it up to catch another prize ball it will dump and release the prize but not reset. I can manually move that white ball receptor up and down and it seems to stay wherever I put it and it is not stiff but I feel like it should be returning up to receive the next ball and it is not. I tried to follow the mechanism underneath and I see several levers like that L-shaped white lever does not seem to serve any purpose and there is another lever next to it that does not seem to do anything either. Wondering if I am missing a piece or if something is broken. I feel like the weight of the white prize ball receiver should have some kind of counterweight to send it back to the open position but that does not seem to be happening. Any help would be much appreciated! Even a picture of another similar unit for that area will help me to see if anything is missing or broken. Maybe it is just a counterbalance problem.?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1974 nishijin super deluxe ball payout not resetting

More pictures

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am picking one up tomorrow similar to this. I'll take a look at it once I get it home. Your pics will help. These are popular machines. It won't be too long before someone has has experience with it comes along. By tomorrow that someone may be me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a video of what I'm describing in the pictures. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tvjNsgbAKb8

20220917_001938.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi thank you so much for responding and sending the video. That was very helpful. Yes my machine does that too I can manually move that ball catcher up and down the problem is that it doesn't return to the up position to accept another ball so the prize balls collect in the track. I feel like somehow the weight of the ball makes it fall but then there should be something maybe counterweighted that returns it automatically to be able to accept another prize ball and that is not happening I can push it down and it stays down I can push it up and it stays up until it receives another ball at which point it ways it down to eject the ball but doesn't return. I see you have that same L-shaped White bracket that on mine doesn't seem to do anything and on yours seems to not be engaged with this mechanism either. Not sure why it is not returning to the position to receive another prize ball. Any further help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the ball receiver and lever are connected with the wire and both move with each other, then it's just a matter of adjustment.

The long silver colored wire moves up and contacts the wire on the lever, pushing the lever up. One or both of these wires may need bent, so it pushes it up further, thus resetting the ball receiver.

The one lever you say that doesn't appear to do anything is for the payout hopper. When it is empty it holds that lever down, catching it into the lever below it, (as you show in one of your pictures) and keeps the machine from paying out, till the payout hopper is full again. If not then it may also need adjusting.

20220916_214853.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I get it. Yes I will try and push up that long silver wire. When I push down on the ramp it does push up on that but not enough. Great advice. I will give it a shot thank you so much!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Prize balls are returned. Works perfectly! Great advice thank you all so much for your interest and for your help and taking the time. Very much appreciated!

11. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Clue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Wayne-Ooo.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Ahab