Thread: First Pachislo - Sammy Ultraseven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Pachislo - Sammy Ultraseven

Nice job of taking care of everything you did with this machine.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Pachislo - Sammy Ultraseven

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Nice job of taking care of everything you did with this machine.
    Thanks! I'm just glad the guy I bought it from never figured out how to clear the E1 error it had when he got it out of a storage locker buy - as with the state it was in, he probably would have just burned everything up after that. Was a nice dude but I could tell he was just totally not technically inclined.

Working great now, seems to be working out its last few growing pains. The sound is a lot better now that I have the 4A transformer, and sure enough it seems the left speaker is supposed to be quieter during normal play, as now during the bonuses the rhythms and sound effects from that side are at even volume with the right speaker and everything sounds great.

I gave the top of the cabinet a couple coats of gloss black acrylic paint to help hide the parlor mounting scars. The wood drank it right in and I think it looks more finished now.

Something else I noticed while playing today, what combination you hit to go into a bonus will introduce it differently - all sticking with the Ultraseven theme.

7-7-7 will do a transformation sound and effects and play the "Seven! Seven! Seven!" fanfare from the show's theme.

Windom-Windom-7 or Miclas-Miclas-7 each play a different sound effect flourish and have a different light pattern - which makes sense since they are two of Dan's capsule monsters, if you're unfamiliar with Ultraseven. And yeah, the Ultraseven capsule monsters directly influenced all the capsule stuff in Dragon Ball in addition to Pokemon.

Big bonus plays the show's battle theme, while the small bonus plays the show's theme song.

It's a simple machine, but for the property it uses it's kind of perfect in that neo-retro way.
    ALWAYS looking to buy a Heiwa CR Bunny Girl pachinko! Please PM me!

Catalog of the machines I own and their restoration and maintenance at Pachi Fever!

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to InsaneDavid